Bills GM Buddy Nix on Patriots: 'They don't scare me'

So basically Nix and the Bills can't win. If they beat a team they are lucky. If they lose they suck. If they act confident they are delusional. If they defer to better teams they are acting like losers.

PTR

Yeah ........... and your point is???

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically Nix and the Bills can't win. If they beat a team they are lucky. If they lose they suck. If they act confident they are delusional. If they defer to better teams they are acting like losers.

PTR

Welcome to 'Objectivity'

It says "Lucky" because Fitz ended that game with what have been a game ending INT that was 10 yards under thrown and picked off. But a penalty that had no impact on the play luckily bailed him out and we capitalized on our second chance and got the go ahead TD later that drive that ended up being the difference in the game.

People keep bringing up that game...a game we barely won despite picking off Brady 4 times (and not all were his fault) and literally gave away with Fitz's awful throw and INT that we luckily got overturned. I dont expect to pick Brady off 4 times again, and without all 4 of those turnovers we lose that game easily. So, before we puff our chest, we need to find a better way to beat them, and hopefully Mario, Dareus, Kyle, and Anderson have something to say about that.

That being said, I wouldnt be scared of them or any team if I was Nix anyway.

Good post. :thumbsup:

The Bills weren't as good as they looked in the first game against the Patriots, and weren't as bad as they looked in the second matchup.

The Patriots had the better team last year. Fortunately, Nix has done a lot in the offseason to narrow the difference! :) Even if the Patriots still have an advantage in talent, there's no reason why Nix or anyone else on the Bills should fear them. Respect, yes. But not fear.

I agree with those who've said that talk is cheap, and that Nix's statements don't prove anything. But as the GM, he sets the example for everyone else in the organization. From the very top of the organization to the very bottom, there should be a climate of not fearing anyone! :angry:

Maybe he should be the Pats went to the last SB the Bills have not made the playoffs in 12 years and I am not sure that this year will be any better for the Bills they will have to show me because talk is cheap and I am not buying all the hype.

I'm just waiting for that baby.

You know that making babies takes a bit more effort than waiting for one, right Vet?

I mean that whole stork story might have had influence on your perspect. B-)

high expectations are the beginning, execution would be the next step. get er done Buddy

You know that making babies takes a bit more effort than waiting for one, right Vet?

I mean that whole stork story might have had influence on your perspect. B-)

high expectations are the beginning, execution would be the next step. get er done Buddy

Vet's just unhappy. Bills winning won't change that.

Whether he really feels that way or not, what did you expect him to say? "We improved but the Patriots are still a whole lot better then us." ? That would sell a bunch of tickets I am sure.

your avatar is awesome. I wonder how many folks recognize it?. very few i hope. that movie is waay out there. and i still watch it once in a while :thumbsup:

Whether he really feels that way or not, what did you expect him to say? "We improved but the Patriots are still a whole lot better then us." ? That would sell a bunch of tickets I am sure.

or send a great message. If people actually read the whole article he answers *why* that is the right thing to say in that same article.

Good post. :thumbsup:

The Bills weren't as good as they looked in the first game against the Patriots, and weren't as bad as they looked in the second matchup.

The Patriots had the better team last year. Fortunately, Nix has done a lot in the offseason to narrow the difference! :) Even if the Patriots still have an advantage in talent, there's no reason why Nix or anyone else on the Bills should fear them. Respect, yes. But not fear.

I agree with those who've said that talk is cheap, and that Nix's statements don't prove anything. But as the GM, he sets the example for everyone else in the organization. From the very top of the organization to the very bottom, there should be a climate of not fearing anyone! :angry:

Good stuff.

At the very least it proves that Buddy isn't sleeping. Right?

But seriously, it didn't come off as a pompous Rex-like quote that was nothing more than a chance to end up in the headlines. It seemed genuine and when read in full, it comes off as a guys who is starting to see his 3-year plan come to fruition. Good for him. Now, show me the baby!!

Edited by stony

If you can't even say it, you sure as hell can't do it.

Or...without self-respect, there is no courage. (Edit: In case you are confused: self-respect '= self-esteem. The first is earned, while the other leads to "everyone gets a trophy"...which is the premise for the behavior on display in things like Jersey Shore.)

Now, sure...schit-talkers exist, but Nix is not one of those. He can say it, because he honestly believes he's put the team together than can do it.

If that's the case, then he better say it, every day, or 10x a day. It's starts a pattern of thinking they can do it, and that is the 1st step towards doing it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

who was the cameo pro again, ginger lynn?

but yeah, pretty twisted stuff...

uh oh. good fun surfing fun and great surfing tunes. in color.

Just gotta trust in Buddy and Co here i think.

I paid the nickel for the ride, so i am not getting off till it ends.