Schopp slammed Bills over Merriman, what do he think of Pats?

SM was one of the main reasons the bills beat the pats. That alone was worth his tenure. It's not like he tied up cap space that they were in need of to retain some other key cog on the roster. Schopp can Monday morning qb every decision he wants.

Here is a very aptly written price Monday morning quarterbacking Schopp.

http://www.buffalowi...should-too.html

hehe...this is every bit as pedantic as schopp...perhaps that's what this guy was going for?

But, it's also accurate. The fundamental problem with Schopp vs. The Bills? He thinks he doesn't have to do his job, because they personally embarrassed him by losing SBs, and has said so directly on his show.

Unlike the rest of us, especially those that travel/see new people daily, who choose to endure the same old Bills jokes, but also choose not to view them as personal attacks to our precious egos, Schopp has chosen not to endure it, and does view these comments as a personal affront.

The problem is: that's a fan's choice, but Schopp isn't in a fan's job, so he isn't allowed that choice. He doesn't have to be in that job, he chooses that as well.

So, what this all comes down to is: his choices are incongruent, and there will be no peace, for him or us, until he gets them aligned.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schoop might still be bitter that he was passed up by ESPN Radio a few years back.

PTR

Don't you remember that hilarious thread...with a Mike Schopp buddy...who kept defending his pal by saying "he's turned down lots of better jobs in other cities?"

I think I still have the PMs from that guy. :lol:

What a trollfest. :lol: Perhaps my all-time favorite.

For the love of God, don't people realize that Schopp's shtick is to take provocative, contrarian positions to attract callers!

It's about as transparent as glass and a real mystery why so many folks get agitated by it...

For the love of God, don't people realize that Schopp's shtick is to take provocative, contrarian positions to attract callers!

It's about as transparent as glass and a real mystery why so many folks get agitated by it...

Sure...but there's many approaches that would yield the same result: why are we stuck with "I'm not gonna talk about it"?

Remember "the coach"? He agitated the F out of people. :lol: But, it got old.

That's the same thing that's happening here: it's just as tired...as it is transparent.

Pats signed injured vet Jonathan Fanene in the off season to a contract, paid him a 3 million dollar roster bonus, then cut him. I wonder if he think they are a joke?

According to Ross Tucker via Twitter the Pats cut Fanene under "failure to disclose a physical condition" and are likely going after the $3.85M bonus he received. Not really comparing apples to apples anymore.

Schoop has a HUGE gambling problem, and he blames the bills for money lost.. also making lil gains on safe PAT bets has him under Belichecks hoodie, if u know what i mean..

So lets see Schoop's betting and resulted alcoholic tendancys has left Schoop a real bad taste in society. If each one of u stoped talking about him, listening to him.. he will disappear as the city of Rochester did.

Mike Schopp very well may be in terms of the craft a succinct and well spoken commentator/host/announcer, but as a sports host he misplaced and no disrespect to the man, but I tuned him out a long time ago, his comments and opinions about Bills have zero weight or import, because of his position on air and access to information the only attention i pay him is of news reader. What he thinks I just do not care, in fact most disappointed radio station does not have passionate interested people in his position.

I started listening to WGR again after they landed the Bills earlier this year. However, I turned it off the other day once I heard the show ask "Are the Bills even trying to win?" just because we released a 3rd string DE. Let's completely neglect the signing of Mario and Anderson... Yeesh... :wallbash::thumbdown:

The big difference between the failed experiments? The Bills take a chance and finish 6-10. The Pats take a chance and go to the Superbowl. The Bills can't afford failed experiments, the Pats can.

That would only make sense if the Bills were counting on Merriman to be the starter. Since he was going to be a backup, they certainly could afford it.

Schoop has a HUGE gambling problem, and he blames the bills for money lost.. also making lil gains on safe PAT bets has him under Belichecks hoodie, if u know what i mean..

So lets see Schoop's betting and resulted alcoholic tendancys has left Schoop a real bad taste in society. If each one of u stoped talking about him, listening to him.. he will disappear as

the city of Rochester did.

That's funny, last time I checked, Rochester was doing just fine. What's with all the personal info on Schopp? Do you know him?

Actually I thought he was OK back in the Rochester days. I think his biggest problem was too many early on told him he was destined for bigger things, so he leaves Rochester, goes to Buffalo to work his way up. Figues two to three years he'll be in Chi, or maybe Boston or a city of that size and in ten years he would have been the Mike on Mike and Mike or something like that.

So now he's in shock as he can't believe how many idiots out there must be running all the radio stations all over the country and don't realize how great he is as no one is banging down the doors to hire him. So he's stuck in a place that he's way to good for.

Trouble is the more people that post threads like this, the more relavent he is. You want to see him off the air, everyone needs to stop talking about him and stop all the Shopp's are idiot threads! When he gets no press then WGR will think about replacing him.

There is some truth to that. But he started going south when he was still in Rochester. He started overly arrogant and abusive. For example, when he said he was through talking about pro football and pro hockey and was going to concentrate on Syracuse University sports on the air. But to me he committed the one great sin of radio- he got boring.

I think he meant that Rochester stopped listening and he went away, and that is what Buffalo should do.

I agree with the DR here.. for that is what I ment. Now I am a fan of Dr Dareustein and with his pick up of conversation I would listen to the DOC over Schoop and so would a lot of you.

As far as do i know Schoop? we all do... arrest records, media reporting, as well as common sense lets us put together peoples lives and know them as they were one of ur co workers.. have I messed with him on radio show he hosts in the past? yes... i love messing with opinionated fools who have no back bone... when the great schoop stutters, flutters words and hangs up on well me atleast 3 times i played around... yes i find him sad.

Any body down for the DR Dareustine show besides me?

I agree with the DR here.. for that is what I ment. Now I am a fan of Dr Dareustein and with his pick up of conversation I would listen to the DOC over Schoop and so would a lot of you.

As far as do i know Schoop? we all do... arrest records, media reporting, as well as common sense lets us put together peoples lives and know them as they were one of ur co workers.. have I messed with him on radio show he hosts in the past? yes... i love messing with opinionated fools who have no back bone... when the great schoop stutters, flutters words and hangs up on well me atleast 3 times i played around... yes i find him sad.

Hahaha, Im flattered. And even with great humility agree that I or anyone here could probably do a better job than Schoop.

Would love to do a show. Guests would include Jboyst, Buftex, RRich, Bill from NYC, JohnCockestean, WhySoSerious?, CaptHindsight, OCinBuffalo, PtR... I know Im forgetting plenty of other worthy candidates

The list of people with better football opinions is basically endless from TBD. Would probably hire Jauronimo as a full time co-host. We'd also need to keep DCTom on staff for when people call in with horrible ideas.

Lets get this started!!

Edited by DrDareustein

So basically...no, you don't know him and are just making crap up about him. Bravo tough guy.

So basically...no, you don't know him and are just making crap up about him. Bravo tough guy.

we dont personally know Jim Kelly.. but we know he never had what it takes to win a superbowl no matter how many chances he gave him self. We dont personally know RKelly... but we know he pee'd on girls, and we dont personally know Chad Johnson but we know his wife filed for divorce.

NObody knows Todzilla... but we know ur a Schoop supporter, we know u grow ur ego callin someone a tough guy online, and with that im sure the Zilla in todzilla is adding 'height' to a short minded man.

Get to know what ur talking about, facts are facts and if I was a friend to Schoop... I too would be a loser by association