Book: Obama cancelled OBL mission 3x before Hillary push

Obama 'cancelled missions to kill bin Laden THREE TIMES after getting cold feet - until Hillary Clinton stepped in', claims explosive new book

Barack Obama cancelled three operations to kill Osama bin Laden before finally going ahead with the mission at the insistence of Hillary Clinton, according to a new book.

The explosive allegation is contained in an expose by journalist Rich Miniter, who argues that the White House’s carefully-crafted narrative of Obama as a decisive leader who dispatched the al-Qaeda leader despite the doubts of advisers is a myth.

Miniter, a former ‘Wall Street Journal’, ‘Washington Times’ and ‘Sunday Times’ of London journalist, cites an unnamed source within Joint Special Operations Command as revealing that three ‘kill’ missions were cancelled by Obama in January, February and March 2011.

Edited by UConn James

The thing I find most interesting about this is that anyone needs a book to realize Barack Obama has the leadership skills of a stapler.

It is becoming more and more evident that he is a mamas boy that needs the women around him to help him make decisions.

Mr. Hanks, pick up the white phone please........................

It's been almost a year since President Obama's leadership and foreign policy bona fides were allegedly established by the operation that killed Osama bin Laden. A campaign film narrated by Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks tells of the president's alleged solitary, agonizing decision.

As I understand it, a cadre of defense, intelligence, military and diplomatic movers and shakers, including Leon Panetta, Robert Gates, David Petraeus and Hillary Clinton were stymied for weeks on the decision to take out Bin Laden by Valerie Jarrett, Barack Obama's right-hand girl in the West Wing.

With her immense intelligence gathering and special ops experience, Ms. Jarrett had expressed her opposition to the plan from the outset and steadfastly refused to take it to the president for a decision. Thankfully, she was eventually outflanked and Secretary Panetta and his team (especially William McRaven, a three-star admiral and former Navy SEAL.) actually called the shots during this operation.

The thing I find most interesting about this is that anyone needs a book to realize Barack Obama has the leadership skills of a stapler.

I disagree. Every stapler I've ever used, when I've hit it, it's never dithered and consulted a bevy of advisers over whether or not to actually drive the staple into the paper, or took credit for driving the staple while telling the paper clips to sit in the back of the bus.

And I can think of plenty of valid reason to cancel such a mission beyond "I'm scared." Ike pushed back the Normandy landings twice (from May to June, for extra equipment, and from the 5th to the 6th because of the weather), and no one ever called him indecisive. The real problem there wouldn't be indecisiveness, but the typical nonsense of operational decisions being made at the White House, which is hardly unique to this administration.

I disagree. Every stapler I've ever used, when I've hit it, it's never dithered and consulted a bevy of advisers over whether or not to actually drive the staple into the paper, or took credit for driving the staple while telling the paper clips to sit in the back of the bus.

And I can think of plenty of valid reason to cancel such a mission beyond "I'm scared." Ike pushed back the Normandy landings twice (from May to June, for extra equipment, and from the 5th to the 6th because of the weather), and no one ever called him indecisive. The real problem there wouldn't be indecisiveness, but the typical nonsense of operational decisions being made at the White House, which is hardly unique to this administration.

Stapler > Obama. Completely plausible.

I am sure, if the mission hadn't been successful, the douche-bag brigade would be willing to give Obama all the credit in the world.

You do realize that the douche brigade is giving Hillary kudos in all of this?

Obviously it depends on the reasons why he cancelled the missions. Ike knew Normandy would always be there, while it is debatable if Bin Laden would still be there. Edited by 3rdnlng

How do you know he was wrong and the earlier missions wouldn't have failed ? Heck the actual one had serious problems when one of the choppers landed on top of a wall and had to be left behind. If this is the best the righty tighties can do with their "explosive claims" theyre in a lot of trouble

I guess Hillary learned something from Bill being too much of a kitty to take out OBL when he had the chance.

At least bill tried. Unlike Cheney and the other d bags in the w admin who gave instructions to deep 6 any intelligence that didn't show Iraq as the primary threat. Like condi spiking the memo detailing all Qaeda's plans for a major attack on American soil; which sadly was 9/11. Yeah she's great lets put her in Augusta.

Let me be clear

I used to be over by the window. I could see the squirrels and they were merry.

But then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler. But I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much. And I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler

And it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll send Seal Team Six after them