Cordy Glenn wins starting LT job

HOUSE

Gailey names left tackle

Posted by Chris Brown on August 20, 2012 – 5:49 pm

Head coach Chan Gailey has decided on his starting left tackle for the 2012 regular season.

Second-round pick Cordy Glenn will be the starting blind side protector of Ryan Fitzpatrick heading into the 2012 campaign. Glenn has had some ups and downs in the preseason in facing Pro Bowl pass rushers in Brian Orakpo and Jared Allen in his first two preseason games, but Gailey and his offensive staff believe all Glenn needs is time on the job.

“Cordy has got great ability,” said Gailey. “His ability is not the issue. It’s the playing time. He needs as much playing time as he can get. I think if he gets playing time he has a chance to be a really good football player. He’s not done great against the two good pass rushers he’s faced, but he’s done okay. I think we see a great upside.”

More on this developing story on Buffalobills.com later this evening.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its interesting how Chan doesnt want to shower him with praise even though he played pretty darn well against 2 of the premier pass rushers in the NFL on consecutive weeks.....not to mention going against some pretty good ones in practice every day.

Cordy has been just fine.

The real thing to watch is how does this affect the right tackle side.....because Pears hasn't exactly beaten out Hairston.

Its interesting how Chan doesnt want to shower him with praise even though he played pretty darn well against 2 of the premier pass rushers in the NFL on consecutive weeks.....not to mention going against some pretty good ones in practice every day.

The real thing to watch is how does this affect the right tackle side.....because Pears hasn't exactly beaten out Hairston.

With all due respect John, I think you have that reversed. It's Pears' job to lose and he had a decent season last year. Not that I'd mind seeing Hairston win the job.

GO BILLS!!!

Chan has never really been a "rah-rah" guy. He's always had a more subtle approach when he talks about his players.

glad to hear that the lt position has been won. now as far as the rt position goes, may the best man win. good to see that there is talent and depth. also, i don't think that hairston is going to just sit back and be content cashing a paycheck, he;s going to push pears to either be on top of his game or get out of the way.

Doesn't this likely have as much to do with Pears' injury as it does with Glenn's play? He's looked very good but Hairston has to start at RT if Pears isn't ready.

You are probably right :thumbsup:

Baptism by fire. I like it. Provided the entire OL isn't on crutches yet again by season's end, I think it will be a strong point.

he has come out the other side amd looks stronger for it. Lets wish for Cordy as the long term solution we have waited for... well forever. with Andy next to him he will live long and prosper. i hope! No knock on Chris by the way. we just got better and deeper all at once, nice work Buddy!

If Cordy plays as advertised, let's just hope the Front Office takes care of business in about two years and resigns him long term. It's been too long since we had long term stability at this spot. Across the Oline we have the makings of a squad that if it stays healthy for 5 years it could be pretty special.