Coach Gailey has a message for us for the 2012/2013 season.

Gailey: "I think everybody's genuinely excited. And they have a right to be, I believe." It's not night and day, but it's night and dawn. Because I believe daylight's coming."

I don't think we would have heard those words from Gailey two years ago or even last year. But this year I think he knows that he and his coaching staff have much more to work with and that the team finally has turned the corner and is ready to contend for the division title, a playoff berth, and who knows what else.

"Because I believe daylight is coming."

Those are some sweet words right there.

Gailey: "I think everybody's genuinely excited. And they have a right to be, I believe." It's not night and day, but it's night and dawn. Because I believe daylight's coming."

I don't think we would have heard those words from Gailey two years ago or even last year. But this year I think he knows that he and his coaching staff have much more to work with

Not only does he have much more to work with, but having that talent and producing another 6-10 season is not going to cut it.

Anything less than a winning record, and at the very least, his coaching seat will be on the "warm" side next year.

I don't think we would have heard those words from Gailey two years ago or even last year. But this year I think he knows that he and his coaching staff have much more to work with and that the team finally has turned the corner and is ready to contend for the division title, a playoff berth, and who knows what else.

Translation: "The front office has given me some talent, in two seasons I have two of the longest losing streaks in team history, standing here at the microphone and talking crap isn't going to cut it anymore. If I don't win this year I might be out on the streets again!"

Gailey has more to prove then anyone in my view, can this man get a team to the playoffs?

We all know he can get an ordinary QB to light it up at times, but can he get them to win games?

The running game works great with a spread offense and yet gets stuffed when they go to a closed formatation and need just 2 yards.

The passing game looks great against a weak secondary that can barley cover one good WR, but against good teams one good WR isn't going to get it done...not ever!

Will that O line allow the QB to throw mid to deep passes on a consistant basis or are the Bills stuck with that one trick pony, short/quick passing scheme? You know, the one that defenses figured out last season and shut it down for 9 games.

We are all still waiting to see that proverbial baby, so now we are also waiting to see the light of day.

he had better produce a winning season, or even better a playoff berth THIS year. He has had more than enough time to turn this team around. Right now on the coaching line for buffalo he is above Vern Bullogh and below Dick Jauron. And I don't hold Dick Jauron to be very high on the list.

Basically, roughly translated, what he is saying is that fans should be excited cause the team is better this year. Don't expect them to be a completly better team, but expect them to be better then previous teams and expect them to continue to get better.

Basically, they should be a playoff team, but not yet a SB contender (but thats coming) is what I get from the "Not Night and Day, more like Night and Dawn, but Daylights coming" part

you're welcome.

jw

Basically, roughly translated, what he is saying is that fans should be excited cause the team is better this year. Don't expect them to be a completly better team, but expect them to be better then previous teams and expect them to continue to get better.

Basically, they should be a playoff team, but not yet a SB contender (but thats coming) is what I get from the "Not Night and Day, more like Night and Dawn, but Daylights coming" part

Were the Giants considered a SB contender when they were 7-7 and on the verge of being eliminated from playoff contention? No, I think not. Get your team into the playoffs and you are automatically considered a SB contender.