Coach Gailey has a message for us for the 2012/2013 season.

Fly In The Ointment: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Definitely a make or break year for him.

It's his first year as the established starter with a training camp. There's a good defense installed (theoretically) now, as well. The excuses are over, outside of possible injuries. He put up good numbers last year outside some interceptions, and that was with some questions on the team. Hopefully he can make something of this year.

If not, I'm sure we can explore other options. :)

Yup. I'm a huge Fitz fan, but it's put up or shut up time for him. As I've said before, as goes Fitz, so go the 2012 Bills.

I actually see this sentiment as one of very few that all posters agree on. Fitz doubters, haters and lovers alike ... the honeymoon is officially over. I'm a Fitz lover, myself .. and I fully expect him to have positive results.

I actually see this sentiment as one of very few that all posters agree on. Fitz doubters, haters and lovers alike ... the honeymoon is officially over. I'm a Fitz lover, myself .. and I fully expect him to have positive results.

Sure thing. Hoping for, even expecting good results. But even if our D is nails on the field like they are on paper, we can't expect to win every game 10-3. Let's git 'er done, boys!

I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away." 12-31-09

http://www.huliq.com...uddy-nix-new-gm

or

http://m.si.com/news/2164235

or

http://buddynix.blogspot.com/

This is from your http://buddynix.blogspot.com/ link.

“It doesn’t matter what kind of splash we make today,” Nix said Thursday at a news conference. “What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we’re winning. I know before I’m asked this, you’re going to think I’m crazy, but we’re not that far away.”

The question on everyones mind should be what happens if they aren't successful THIS YEAR. Buddy and Chan have pretty much done what they said they were going to do. This is the 3rd year, and the Bills are organization are expecting to win, expecting to make the playoffs, expecting to contend for the division title.

So to answer a previous posters question about how long we are going to have to wait for the "daylight baby", the answer is simple, 26 days.

Fly In The Ointment: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Like I said, Gailey has more to prove then anyone, including the QB.

Lets not forget that Gailey chose Trent Edwards to start the 2010 season, and hasn't even attempted to draft a QB high enough to be of any use since he was hired.

Putting the entire blame on the QB is not unusual. But in this case I think the blame needs to fall squarely on the head coach. Fitz still doesn't have a top O line as that right side is still very questionable. Nor does Fitz have a top 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th WR when Gailey starts calling for those 5 WR empty backfield sets. There is basically nobody past Stevie Johnson, ranked 19th. Nelson was # 61, the next best WR Naaman Roosevelt was next at 167th. So the 3rd best WR was ranked 167, that is pathetic. How do you constantly run a 4-5 WR sets with only one good WR?

Edited by Fear the Beard

This is from your http://buddynix.blogspot.com/ link.

“It doesn’t matter what kind of splash we make today,” Nix said Thursday at a news conference. “What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we’re winning. I know before I’m asked this, you’re going to think I’m crazy, but we’re not that far away.”

The question on everyones mind should be what happens if they aren't successful THIS YEAR. Buddy and Chan have pretty much done what they said they were going to do. This is the 3rd year, and the Bills are organization are expecting to win, expecting to make the playoffs, expecting to contend for the division title.

So to answer a previous posters question about how long we are going to have to wait for the "daylight baby", the answer is simple, 26 days.

Isn't it amazing what a difference context makes?

Gailey and Nix are quoted as saying the Bills are very close when they were hired and then won 10 games over 2 seasons.

I don't recall any such comment from Gailey; he has often spoken about an attitude change and "expecting" to win, but I've perceived him to be extremely cautious in predicting results or "grading" the roster.

The comment from Nix was when he said, "we're not that far away."

So, the question is this -- is two and a half years considered too far away that you'd call Buddy a liar?

Edit -- geez, I should have read the whole thread before posting. Thanks, Kevin, for finding the context. Dead on.

Edited by eball

Gailey: "I think everybody's genuinely excited. And they have a right to be, I believe." It's not night and day, but it's night and dawn. Because I believe daylight's coming."

I don't think we would have heard those words from Gailey two years ago or even last year. But this year I think he knows that he and his coaching staff have much more to work with and that the team finally has turned the corner and is ready to contend for the division title, a playoff berth, and who knows what else.

"Because I believe daylight is coming."

Those are some sweet words right there.

And we've never heard anything at all along these lines from other coaches, Jauron, Mularkey, Williams?

And we've never heard anything at all along these lines from other coaches, Jauron, Mularkey, Williams?

Jauron -- "It's hard to win in the NFL."

Mularkey -- "I quit. Who wants cheeseburgers?"

Williams -- "$100 to the guy who knocks out Favre."

The answer to your question is no.

No we haven't.

Actually we might have heard a similar sentiment.

What does anyone expect a Head Coach entering his 3rd season to say?

The thing that I liked about the quote is that it wasn't coachspeak.

I've never heard this figure of speech before (Night-Day, Night-Dawn, Daylight).

It was almost poetic and Coach Gailey is NOT a fancy guy. I was quite surprised when he said that.