Why should we re-elect Obama

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. His name isn't George Bush.

2. He's black.

3. His mother once went on food stamps for a week, so he's a bona fide poor person.

4. His first name isn't Mitt.

5. He is a master of Bob the Builder-inspired campaign slogans.

6. He can read a teleprompter like no one else.

7. He's a Democrat.

8. He demands that the rich pay their 'fair share'.

9. He is such a fantastic boss and wonderful human being that he doesn't require that his employees pay their taxes.

10. He won the Nobel Peace Prize!

11. If we don't vote for Obama, we go to FEMA camps for re-education.

12. It's the right thing to do.

1. Give that man a Nobel Peace Prize!

2. Obama is black. If you don't like Obama, you don't like a black person. Which makes you a Racist©!

3. Just an ordinary guy drinking beer

4. One guy named after sporting equipment and the other after military housing. Push

5. Bob the Builder didn't build that slogan, somebody else did

6. Smrtist Prezadint evah!

7. Being a Democrat doesn't automatically mean you're a lousy statesperson. Just look at Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Debbie Whatdid-shesay, Janet Napolitano, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Hmm, maybe you are onto something

8. Half of Americans pay no federal income tax. It's only fair that the half that does pay, pays more

9. Other rich people have to pay their fair share, but not his buddies. They're different because they know the secret handshake

10. George W Bush won two terms. It's only fair that Obama win the Nobel Peace Price twice for being not George W Bush

11. Forward!

12 Every time somebody votes for Romney, God kills a rainbow farting unicorn

Edited by /dev/null

Wow. That's not even what he said...but what he said was dumber. He wants to repeat the success of the auto bailout keeping jobs in America? :huh:

“I said, I believe in American workers, I believe in this American industry, and now the American auto industry has come roaring back,” he said. “Now I want to do the same thing with manufacturing jobs, not just in the auto industry, but in every industry."

My main concern is that I don't really know if I'm better off than four years ago, or not. The economy is so volatile that I don't have a sense of confidence when I look at my bank balance--what will happen to taxes, what is the real impact of trillions in deficit spending, what no-name country will the USA prop up next and at what cost to taxpayers, what group in our nation will come forward and demand to be served through federal/state/local subsidies, will my bank default, will my pension and social security payments suddenly go south....and the beat goes on and on....

The biggest advantage to Obama winning is it'd cut the final leg out from the evangelical loonies who have hijacked the GOP over the past two decades. Obama entered office in a can't win situation -- the country coming off the most divisive president in my history, an economy heading for the biggest freefall since the 1930s -- and then he proceeded to tred water at best. Obama's handful of victories have been overshadowed by his holier than though handling of fellow legislators and the resulting legislative standstill we're still experiencing today which has slowed the recovery from a crawl to a drip.

If Romney wins, it will allow the evangelical sect of the GOP burrow even deeper into the fabric of that once great party. I honestly believe the only way the Republican party can truly accomplish anything is to cut out the cancerous tumor that's been perverting their platform for the past few cycles. That won't happen unless Obama wins re-election.

Of course, this is just my opinion. And even then, I'm not sure if the benefits outway the costs of a second Obama term.

Edited by tgreg99

The biggest advantage to Obama winning is it'd cut the final leg out from the evangelical loonies who have hijacked the GOP over the past two decades. Obama entered office in a can't win situation -- the country coming off the most divisive president in my history, an economy heading for the biggest freefall since the 1930s -- and then he proceeded to tred water at best. Obama's handful of victories have been overshadowed by his holier than though handling of fellow legislators and the resulting legislative standstill we're still experiencing today which has slowed the recovery from a crawl to a drip.

If Romney wins, it will allow the evangelical sect of the GOP burrow even deeper into the fabric of that once great party. I honestly believe the only way the Republican party can truly accomplish anything is to cut out the cancerous tumor that's been perverting their platform for the past few cycles. That won't happen unless Obama wins re-election.

Of course, this is just my opinion. And even then, I'm not sure if the benefits outway the costs of a second Obama term.

Doubtful, and if that's your reason to vote for Barry, I don't know what to tell you.

I asked in a previous thread what the knock on Romney was & got little more than he's rich, white, & Republican. Now I want to know, from the Obama supporters, why should we give your guy another shot? What is he going to do to turn the economy around & why do you think it will work?

He has a low golf handicap. :bag:

Doubtful, and if that's your reason to vote for Barry, I don't know what to tell you.

I legitimately haven't made up my mind yet. And I'm more than willing to admit that my analysis could be wrong -- but from where I sit, it's how I see it. The evangelical hardliners have hijacked the party and moved the base so far to the right that it's done far more harm than good. It makes it very difficult for me to even recognize the platform anymore. I'd happily take another 4 years of treding water if that meant restoring the Republican party to its former ideals.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a resonable response from the left -- but instead that isn't happening. Instead the increasingly backwards thinking evangelical base only forces the crazy no-thinking progressives to the surface, destroying any chance at a resonable political discussion. What you end up with is what we see unfolding every day now: both party's stu-tards yelling at one another about differences rather than actually figuring out ways to move the country forward. It's hard for anyone to lead when both sides are frothing at the mouth over stupid shite and ignoring the stuff that matters.

I asked in a previous thread what the knock on Romney was & got little more than he's rich, white, & Republican. Now I want to know, from the Obama supporters, why should we give your guy another shot? What is he going to do to turn the economy around & why do you think it will work?

Broken record here Rob, for me Healthcare....

after reform of some sort if safe and in place, we can begin to aggresively look at Welfare, SS, Medicare, War Department, Tax Code, and dismantling things that just don't work.

BTW, how is the back?

I legitimately haven't made up my mind yet. And I'm more than willing to admit that my analysis could be wrong -- but from where I sit, it's how I see it. The evangelical hardliners have hijacked the party and moved the base so far to the right that it's done far more harm than good. It makes it very difficult for me to even recognize the platform anymore. I'd happily take another 4 years of treding water if that meant restoring the Republican party to its former ideals.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a resonable response from the left -- but instead that isn't happening. Instead the increasingly backwards thinking evangelical base only forces the crazy no-thinking progressives to the surface, destroying any chance at a resonable political discussion. What you end up with is what we see unfolding every day now: both party's stu-tards yelling at one another about differences rather than actually figuring out ways to move the country forward. It's hard for anyone to lead when both sides are frothing at the mouth over stupid shite and ignoring the stuff that matters.

First off, I don't agree that Republicans are evangelicals any more than any people who follow a particular religion would also want you to follow it. Second of all, if Barry wins again, it won't stop Republicans from espousing Christian ideals. They will attribute it to the growing numbers of entitled.

The thing most Americans don't realize is that without Barack Obama, 26-year-old kids would not be allowed on their parents' health insurance program.

So we have that going for us.

I am suprised how many people I know who have remarked that this is a big deal from them. and there is no partisan divide to it.

My main concern is that I don't really know if I'm better off than four years ago, or not. The economy is so volatile that I don't have a sense of confidence when I look at my bank balance--what will happen to taxes, what is the real impact of trillions in deficit spending, what no-name country will the USA prop up next and at what cost to taxpayers, what group in our nation will come forward and demand to be served through federal/state/local subsidies, will my bank default, will my pension and social security payments suddenly go south....and the beat goes on and on....

in reality, those specific concerns should have been weighing on your mind since the Tech Bubble.... some people were fooled and got confident in the Housing Boom, but anyone with a nugget realized was a bubble. Stick to the fundamentals of tempered risk in life and investing, you will be just fine.

First off, I don't agree that Republicans are evangelicals any more than any people who follow a particular religion would also want you to follow it. Second of all, if Barry wins again, it won't stop Republicans from espousing Christian ideals. They will attribute it to the growing numbers of entitled.

I agree that Republicans aren't evangelicals.

I totally disagree if you're trying to say that evangelicals haven't been the driving force influecing the platform of the party. They have been since Bush 1 lost.

Edited by tgreg99

I am suprised how many people I know who have remarked that this is a big deal from them. and there is no partisan divide to it.

No doubt. My comment was actually a sarcastic slap at the progressive dolts who found that the entire ACA was somehow worth it if for no other reason than because of that one stupid clause. As if we needed an entire new law that more than half the country STILL want repealed...just for this one little nugget. Because, y'know, as a people, we're too stupid to just pass a law that makes this allowable.

http://www.newsworks...-mic/item/42734

Obama campaign aides ban voter interviews outside rally

August 10, 2012 By Dave Davies

Presidential campaign events are always orchestrated stage shows, and reporters are used to campaigns doing their best to manipulate the media and control the day’s narrative.

But my experience Thursday at a Michelle Obama event in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was a first. Obama campaign operatives barred me from talking to voters outside the event, to the point of interfering with my interviews and grabbing my microphone.

{snip}

I went outside. The line was short and things were peaceful. The only members of the public around to talk to were the people in line to get into the rally, so that’s where I went.

I was speaking to a very enthusiastic Obama supporter named Corinne Dieterle, when I was interrupted by a young man wearing a campaign staff tag telling me I couldn’t be doing this.

This is outside, in front of a public high school.

“You can't be doing this in line,” he said.

Why is that?” I asked.

No answer. “I’m sorry,” I said. “I can't do what in line?”

“You can't be interviewing people in line,” he said.

I asked him repeatedly who he was and why interviews were banned.

Those inquiries were met with silence. At one point he grabbed my microphone, and released it when I asked him to.

I decided to try speaking to a couple who were approaching, but not yet in the line. A different campaign operative approached and the same thing happened. He also refused to identify himself.

Later, inside the gym, I was in the assigned media pen and chatting across the rope line with Dieterle, who I'd tried to interview earlier. Another Obama press aide, Desiree Peterkin Bell came and politely told me that wasn't permitted.

It’s clear the interference with my interviews weren't the rogue actions of a single overzealous staffer, since the two guys outside were carrying out the policy described to me by the official press folks inside.

And it’s not like I was going to get protesters or Romney supporters on tape by talking to folks attending the event.

I guess the campaign team wanted to make sure coverage focused exclusively on the words spoken from the podium, and took message discipline a little too far.

Edited by B-Man

No doubt. My comment was actually a sarcastic slap at the progressive dolts who found that the entire ACA was somehow worth it if for no other reason than because of that one stupid clause. As if we needed an entire new law that more than half the country STILL want repealed...just for this one little nugget. Because, y'know, as a people, we're too stupid to just pass a law that makes this allowable.

Speaking soley for myself:

It has nothing to do with people being too stupid to pass health care legislation ... it has everything to do with the people not being able to change health care laws due to incredible power of the insurance lobby. Not to mention big pharma.

The Health Insurance industry have been robbing us blind for decades -- and they've rigged the game in their favor now in DC by flooding the swamp with money. ACA should have been single payer, it should have smited Health Insurance as an industry but Obama wussed out. Why?

You can't fight the money.

Happily the people on this forum are not the only voters in this country. But I'll play along and pretend we can try to have a non-mockery-based conversation. :mellow:

From my view ..

- Obama already did fix the economy for the most part. All signs and indicators point upward. There is no indication that the economy is headed anywhere except upward.

- Gay rights

- He tries hard to fund science and technology research, and tries to fund new "green" technology in acknowledgement that the USA has been headed the wrong way on that front for many years.

- Education, I approve strongly of his policies and actions on Education. His many attempts to improve funding for college tuition get my biggest thumbs up.

- I thoroughly approve of his Supreme Court picks

- He has spoken out of and supports women's rights in both the workplace and in the privacy of the doctors office. Lilly Ledbetter Act was awesome.

- Credit Card Bill of Rights :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Has at least spoken on the side of the middle class when it comes to taxes. Although he has yet to pass any legislation, I feel like he wants to and if given time, would pass a bill supporting the middle class with a better tax code.

Edited by conner

Right. For what it's worth - this "big win" is loved by the hated Health Insurance Industry. Think about it for a second. They get to raise the premiums on existing customers to provide them with coverage of their dependents for another five years. They get to bank that five years worth of premium increase most of which will go to their bottom line. That's because 21 - 26 year olds are (as a risk-pool class) very healthy and will not make a lot of medical claims. Bee-oo-tee-ful! Win-win. BO trumpets victory. The HII gets richer. Mom & Dad are more comfortable that their jobless kids at least can see a Dr. in the unlikely event that they need to. So the dimwitted electorate takes its eye off the ball and settles for less.

The real issue is that their kids need jobs. Get the country working again and the other things will fall in place - things like increasing the tax revenue for example. If 30 million more of us were working - how much tax revenue would that generate? I'd wager a whole lot more than if they taxed the 1% at a 90% rate.