Who should the VP pick for Romney be?

Who do you think Romney will choose for VP? And who do you think he will actually choose?

I'm torn between Christie, Ryan and Rubio. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see Paul Ryan as the choice. He is an intellectual powerhouse, a person of substance and he knows how to hammer your policies with a smile. He's also a rust belt native, makes Wisconsin more of a toss up state, and would appeal to independents.

If he gets chosen, he will get demagogued to no end as the man who will end medicare. However, with this choice it will be a very clear line of distinction between the two campaigns, and I personally don't believe there is a person out there that can communicate fiscal conservatism as effectively as Ryan, which I believe will help sharpen, fine tune and guide Romney's stump speeches.

Having said that, my guess is he will Choose Rob Portman. He is another tremendously substantive individual, another rustbelt native from the state of Ohio, and he did easily carry the state in 2010, and they say he is the best debater in all of politics.

Of course, he was the budget director for George Bush, and that in itself is a political loser.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillary!

No, he should nominate her for a seat on the Supremes. I'd love to sit through that vetting process.

He shouldn't pick another governor. It'll be a Senator, but it'd be a hoot if it were Ron Paul. That'd fire things up.

Edited by Nanker

He shouldn't pick another governor. It'll be a Senator, but it'd be a hoot if it were Ron Paul. That'd fire things up.

I disagree............obama/biden should have us swearing off senators for quite a while.

Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana or Gov. Susana Martinez of New Mexico should be the choice.

I disagree............obama/biden should have us swearing off senators for quite a while.

Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana or Gov. Susana Martinez of New Mexico should be the choice.

I like Jindal. I'm usually in the camp of executive experience, he has a phenomenal record, great on education, meets the threshold of competence and fiscal conservatism. His heritage could also be a plus for independents with the whole "diversity" thing, but he did have that god awful television speech back in 2009.Martinez, I just don't know enough about her, I would imagine that they the press would conjure comparisons between her and Sarah Palin.

I like Jindal. I'm usually in the camp of executive experience, he has a phenomenal record, great on education, meets the threshold of competence and fiscal conservatism. His heritage could also be a plus for independents with the whole "diversity" thing, but he did have that god awful television speech back in 2009. Martinez, I just don't know enough about her, I would imagine that they the press would conjure comparisons between her and Sarah Palin.

That's his problem right there; he doesn't look the part. On policy he's pretty solid but on TV he comes off as a kitty. The media would devour him.

Well it is legal to target shoot at a card board cut out of a person.

I do honestly wonder if it's still legal if that person is president.

We do know it's legal to put crosshairs on the picture at least (but for God's sake, don't draw them on a map, that's inciting violence.)