oh donte, won't you ever shut up

brenty

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82af740d/article/scott-shanle-donte-whitner-needs-to-shut-his-mouth?module=HP11_headline_stack

i know we finally have bills stuff to talk about since camp started but i just love donte whitner so much i have to post about him.

Does this guy ever learn to shut up?

I dont see anything wrong with what he said...actually this article makes the Saints player sound like an idiot with his tweets where he says he doesnt remember SF winning the SB (yet they have 5). So for him to say "we have 1, try and keep up" is pretty stupid. Shane then goes on to mock the state of CA...if anyone needs to shutup its him. He was on a team that was caught cheating, and cheating the year they won the SB, yet he is out there talking trash about their ONLY SB win which is forever tainted to a guy who is on one of the most storied franchises in NFL history where some of the greatest players at various positions have ever played (Lott, Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig, Jones, Rathman, Young, etc). If you listed the top 100 players of all time, you would have a hard time putting any Saints in that list with the exception of maybe Brees where the 49ers would have many.

I am not defending the 49ers here, just saying Shane said some stupid things and Donte really didnt (this time).

Edited by Alphadawg7

I dont see anything wrong with what he said...actually this article makes the Saints player sound like an idiot with his tweets where he says he doesnt remember SF winning the SB (yet they have 5). So for him to say "we have 1, try and keep up" is pretty stupid. Shane then goes on to mock the state of CA...if anyone needs to shutup its him. He was on a team that was caught cheating, and cheating the year they won the SB, yet he is out there talking trash about their ONLY SB win which is forever tainted to a guy who is on one of the most storied franchises in NFL history where some of the greatest players at various positions have ever played (Lott, Montana, Rice, Taylor, Craig, Jones, Rathman, Young, etc). If you listed the top 100 players of all time, you would have a hard time putting any Saints in that list with the exception of maybe Brees where the 49ers would have many.

I am not defending the 49ers here, just saying Shane said some stupid things and Donte really didnt (this time).

Bounties arent cheating, they're just poor sportsmanship. They in no way gave the Saints any advantage. It's just a dick thing to do.

Furthermore, Donte hasnt won a SB, so Shanle isnt that far off. The 80s are 30 years ago. In this league, it's "what have you done for me lately".

Last, Donte should just mind his business. Worry about himself and making his plays and keep the Saints (and any other team) out of his mouth.

Edited by DrDareustein

Bounties arent cheating, they're just poor sportsmanship. They in no way gave the Saints any advantage. It's just a dick thing to do.

Furthermore, Donte hasnt won a SB, so Shanle isnt that far off. The 80s are 30 years ago. In this league, it's "what have you done for me lately".

Last, Donte should just mind his business. Worry about himself and making his plays and keep the Saints (and any other team) out of his mouth.

First off, SF won the SB in the nineties too.

Second, Shane addressed the 49ers about not winning a SB, not Donte. So, I still say he is really stupid.

Third, if anyone else tweeted this no one would think they were out of line, but because it was Donte people think he should STFU.

Fourth, I am not saying the bounties helped them win the SB, I am saying in the court of public opinion it will be forever tainted, so the last person that should be talking crap right now about that is Shane. And you are incorrect about it not being cheating. It is hands down cheating when you have a program that encourages unsportsmanlike play to injure the opposing players therefore weakening their team. Again, not saying they only won the SB because of this, but a Bounty program is considered cheating when you break rules in an effort to HELP your team. And in this case, helping their team was to break rules with the intent of knocking opposing players out of the game so they will have to put lesser quality players into the game. They didnt get in trouble because they were paying for people to get sacks, turnovers, or INT's...they got in trouble because they also had paid incentives for late hits, dirty plays, and knocking players out of the game. That is cheating, end of story.

Funny no one says anything when other players say similar or even worse comments about the bounties...just like to piss in Dontes corn flakes all the time.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I agree, the Bounties weren't cheating, just unsportsmanlike and Dirty

As for the SB comment, Donte never said anything about the SB, it was the Saints guy throwing that back cause its the typical response when you have nothing "Yeah, well we won a SB, what have you done?".

Second, Shane addressed the 49ers about not winning a SB, not Donte. So, I still say he is really stupid.

Meh, fair enough. I think we can both agree we arent dealing with geniuses on either side of these tweets.

Third, if anyone else tweeted this no one would think they were out of line, but because it was Donte people think he should STFU.

Diagree there. I dont think anyone should be saying anything, because this did/does not happen in only the Saints locker room.

Fourth, I am not saying the bounties helped them win the SB, I am saying in the court of public opinion it will be forever tainted, so the last person that should be talking crap right now about that is Shane. And you are incorrect about it not being cheating. It is hands down cheating when you have a program that encourages unsportsmanlike play to injure the opposing players therefore weakening their team. Again, not saying they only won the SB because of this, but a Bounty program is considered cheating when you break rules in an effort to HELP your team. And in this case, helping their team was to break rules with the intent of knocking opposing players out of the game so they will have to put lesser quality players into the game. They didnt get in trouble because they were paying for people to get sacks, turnovers, or INT's...they got in trouble because they also had paid incentives for late hits, dirty plays, and knocking players out of the game. That is cheating, end of story.

Disagree again. The Saints have NO history of dirty play or personal fouls. They have no history of knocking players out with injury (other than the usual stuff that happens in every game).

Marcellus Wiley (and others) have made the point that, bounty or not, you hit guys as hard as you can, every play. The bounties didn't cause anything extra to happen. There is no evidence of additional injuries, or injuries from late/dirty hits. The only reason the NFL is coming down on it (besides it being a dick move) is to protect itself from future litigation.

Funny no one says anything when other players say similar or even worse comments about the bounties...just like to piss in Dontes corn flakes all the time.

Yes they do, it just doesnt get posted here because they arent former Bills. There has been other instances of back and forth amongst players about this. We're discussing this one because we know of Donte.

It should also be pointed out that for all of donte's and the 49er's bitching about bounties and hurting opposing players it was donte's hit on Pierre Thomas on the Saint's fist drive that knocked PT out of the game and removed the Saint's running game from the equation the rest of the game. I am sure someone can find a clip of the hit, I don't feel like trying but as I recall Donte lowers his helmet into PT's and knocks the dude senseless on the field. This is not to call into question donte's actions, football is an inherently violent sport and the lowered helmet of donte was matched by the lowered helmet of PT, but it is pertinent to tell that scrawny little b-tard to shut his mouth when he complains about the saints.

And I found it:

Easily could have been a defenseless receiver call as PT had just turned his head around after getting the ball. Again, not that I agree with legislating out the violence but it seems a questionable case.

Edited by poo

Now I am not saying that I don't expect this to escalate into a twitter battle with some donte mouthing off, but his initial statement seemed on point, salient and noncombative. I read it more generally assessing the role of team leadership and iheirent responsibility than just causing trouble.

If ray lewis says it, no press... If T.O. Says it, instigator.

I was expecting a superbowl guarantee when I clicked the thread. Nothing here.

how does a helmet to helmet hit not hurt the defender just as much as the guy with the ball?

I am not an expert but in reply I would point out the relative motion of the two players in the play. PT coming out of the backfield with his head turned back towards Brees catches the ball and turns his head less than a second before the hit. You can see PT trying to get low for the hit but he doesn't have enough time. Donte has a much different path to the ball. He moved forward from his position on the goal line and accelerated towards the receiver after the catch was made without having to turn his head or move slowly to receive.

That is how I see PT getting hurt whereas Donte does not.

It is clear though that PT was knocked out and left the game with a concussion.

Edited by poo

how does a helmet to helmet hit not hurt the defender just as much as the guy with the ball?

It does, which is why it's so stupid that defenders insist on hitting like that. Sometimes the defender will get lucky, and it wont hurt him as badly as it does the offensive player. But he is still putting himself at risk just because he wants a highlight reel shot instead of using proper form and technique. The funny part is, the proper form tackle would look like an even bigger hit if the defender hits the guy in the ribs, wraps, and drives him to the ground.

But these guys have to prove that they are so badass, they can knock people down/out without really tackling them.

It's so stupid.

I must've missed where people were paid for anything but legal hits.....

And yes, donte is an idiot that nearly lost that game against the saints single handedly. I'm not one to kill a guy for dumb comments, but his was stupid.

Likewise, Shane is terrible at football so he should remain quiet too.

Edited by NoSaint

Well, donte has zero, shanale(or whatever) has two, super bowl rings. Blah, blah, blah, niners of the 70's.

And, California's government did bankrupt its self, but that's beside the point. Fact is, donte should mind his own business, and shsnale(or whatever) sounds stupid. So why pick sides over two rich dumb azzez?

AND, NOBODY has seen proof of cheating. Well, other than the commish.

It should also be pointed out that for all of donte's and the 49er's bitching about bounties and hurting opposing players it was donte's hit on Pierre Thomas on the Saint's fist drive that knocked PT out of the game and removed the Saint's running game from the equation the rest of the game. I am sure someone can find a clip of the hit, I don't feel like trying but as I recall Donte lowers his helmet into PT's and knocks the dude senseless on the field. This is not to call into question donte's actions, football is an inherently violent sport and the lowered helmet of donte was matched by the lowered helmet of PT, but it is pertinent to tell that scrawny little b-tard to shut his mouth when he complains about the saints.

And I found it:

youtube.com/watch?v=VC5MPV0rIHg&feature=fvwrel

Easily could have been a defenseless receiver call as PT had just turned his head around after getting the ball. Again, not that I agree with legislating out the violence but it seems a questionable case.

Absolutely a legal hit. Not a question.

And I found it:

youtube.com/watch?v=VC5MPV0rIHg&feature=fvwrel

Gotta love the helmet to helmet hit from Whitner. And ohh yeah, nice job wrapping the guy up too. Whitner blows chunks, I could care less what rhetoric he spews, he is a liability on any team.