Video of first Training Camp Practice

Anybody else more excited by Tank then Nigel? I really like the kid a lot (and I like the Nigel pick too BTW, I mean you gotta like bonejarring hits). Totally happy to see us with two high upside guys who could turn in to draft steals.

Anybody else more excited by Tank then Nigel? I really like the kid a lot (and I like the Nigel pick too BTW, I mean you gotta like bonejarring hits). Totally happy to see us with two high upside guys who could turn in to draft steals.

I am thrilled that Tank Carder is on the team, and I cannot wait to see him in the preseason.

Carder is a football player, and that's what I love about him. Not the most athletically gifted, but he will do what linebackers are supposed to do.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Spielman, and I think he can live up to that potential.

Honestly......I think it is more that Tank Carder is an absolute gem of a draft pick.......he has very good instincts

It seems like Tank is just a good football player. Maybe he doesn't have all the measurable, but he just makes plays = two time Conference Player of the Year.

I think we have a solid guy who will play consistently, and will make the big play every now and then.

Really liking him

It seems like Tank is just a good football player. Maybe he doesn't have all the measurable, but he just makes plays = two time Conference Player of the Year.

I think we have a solid guy who will play consistently, and will make the big play every now and then.

Really liking him

With all those credentials and publicity, the Rose Bowl deflection and so forth, and seemingly a character guy - never in trouble, plays the cello, steady girl - why did we draft him in the 5th?

Not intended as snarky or criticism, just trying to learn what the draft board logic may have been?

I am not more excited about Carder than Bradham because Bradham seems faster and able to disengage from blockers to make the hard tackle. Carder in the clips I've seen seems sometimes to be able to be blocked off and taken out of the play, and when he does tackle, he seems to get pushed back for a few yards gain rather than hitting and throwing the guy backwards. But those may be things he could work on, strength and leverage. He seems to have amazing natural athleticism. I certainly think he's a quality 5th round choice who appears poised to contribute.

Edited by Hopeful

Is it just me or is every highlight of Vince Young an INT? Either they're trying to eliminate any QB controversy with fans by only showing the INTs. Or he throws a hell of a lot of INTs.

You have to look at it from a different perspective. The INTs are the highlight reel for the defense. I don't think there's any desire to diss the QB who threw it or eliminate QB controversy in letting the other side of the ball have its moment.

At least one of the INTs was sharp defensive play - a deflection.

I would go on the opinion of people who were at training camp and watching, how the QB compare we have one so far.

Edited by Hopeful

Manning doesn't struggle with accuracy or throw in the wind at RWS 7 times a year either.

To be fair, even with the injury and playing in RWS last year, Fitz threw a commendable 67% completion percentage. If he improves from there, that can only mean good things.

Is it just me or is every highlight of Vince Young an INT? Either they're trying to eliminate any QB controversy with fans by only showing the INTs. Or he throws a hell of a lot of INTs.

As another said, it's more a highlight for the defense than anything. That being said, though, remember Young is coming into a new system. He might not be reading things quite right, or completely in sync with what routes are being run. It's not a surprise, to me, that he is/will be struggling for some time.

With all those credentials and publicity, the Rose Bowl deflection and so forth, and seemingly a character guy - never in trouble, plays the cello, steady girl - why did we draft him in the 5th?

Not intended as snarky or criticism, just trying to learn what the draft board logic may have been?

I am not more excited about Carder than Bradham because Bradham seems faster and able to disengage from blockers to make the hard tackle. Carder in the clips I've seen seems sometimes to be able to be blocked off and taken out of the play, and when he does tackle, he seems to get pushed back for a few yards gain rather than hitting and throwing the guy backwards. But those may be things he could work on, strength and leverage. He seems to have amazing natural athleticism. I certainly think he's a quality 5th round choice who appears poised to contribute.

My guess is that with Carder you are getting a football player.

When you watch him on the field he's always busy. He makes tackles, he plays hard, and he's always around the ball.

Now at the combine, Carder will not blow you away. He's not a fast guy and probably not as athletically gifted as other players.

He's the type of player who will go out and make plays, but he may not be a starting linebacker as a rookie.

Getting a player like Carder in the 5th round makes sense. He will probably find his niche on Special Teams right now, but he has the potential to be a starting LB in the future.

I am thrilled that Tank Carder is on the team, and I cannot wait to see him in the preseason.

Carder is a football player, and that's what I love about him. Not the most athletically gifted, but he will do what linebackers are supposed to do.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Spielman, and I think he can live up to that potential.

I think that is an excellent comparison. :thumbsup: