Jets acquire RT Jeff Otah from Carolina

NewEra

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne Hunter is so bad that taking a low risk high reward move like this could actually work out well for the Jets. Kind of like picking up Merriman two seasons ago, not much at stake but a lot to gain. Otah was actually really good his first two seasons but he has been sidelined by knee injuries the last two years. Does anyone know what type of conditional pick they gave up? I would be shocked if it was anything above a 5th.

Wayne Hunter is so bad that taking a low risk high reward move like this could actually work out well for the Jets. Kind of like picking up Merriman two seasons ago, not much at stake but a lot to gain. Otah was actually really good his first two seasons but he has been sidelined by knee injuries the last two years. Does anyone know what type of conditional pick they gave up? I would be shocked if it was anything above a 5th.

Ive read that Otahs injury issues are more toughness than actually injuries

When healthy, was this guy even any good?

He was a good player. Not joe Thomas but a solid starter and a big upgrade if healthy. One of the better blockers in the running game and helped lead the way when JS and DW ran for 1100 yards each.

Edited by NoSaint

i think no matter what this is a good move from the jets it quiets the fan base and has high upside and relatively little risk

Little risk but probably little reward. He didn't cost the Panthers much and they know him better than anyone. To give up on him for just a 7th doesn't bode too well for him. But time will tell.