Budget Deadline Missed- Again

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/238081-obama-misses-new-budget-deadline

"This makes a more significant statement than the president’s recent speeches and interviews professing his vigilant stewardship of the nation," Senate Budget Committee Ranking Member Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) said Monady through his spokesman. "Combined with $5 trillion in debt accrued since 2009, and the refusal of his Senate majority to produce a budget for three years in the midst of crisis, it reveals a troubling detachment from the financial future of our Republic."

It kills me to vote for someone who dismisses the very basics of financial management- I just wish the GOP were talking change and improve the healthcare bill rather that repeal, I am not sure I would vote Democrat again- I would necessarily vote Republican again, maybe third party, but not Democrat....

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/238081-obama-misses-new-budget-deadline

It kills me to vote for someone who dismisses the very basics of financial management- I just wish the GOP were talking change and improve the healthcare bill rather that repeal, I am not sure I would vote Democrat again- I would necessarily vote Republican again, maybe third party, but not Democrat....

Voting for anyone other than either of the two major parties is a wasted vote. Sure you feel all "stick it to the man," but no 3rd party candidate will get more than a smattering votes. And if you want Barry out, you're taking a vote away from Romney, which can help to that end.

Voting for anyone other than either of the two major parties is a wasted vote. Sure you feel all "stick it to the man," but no 3rd party candidate will get more than a smattering votes. And if you want Barry out, you're taking a vote away from Romney, which can help to that end.

To be fair, depending on what state he's in, it may not matter who he votes for/whether he throws his vote away.

New York State has taught me everything I need to know about the electoral college.

To be fair, depending on what state he's in, it may not matter who he votes for/whether he throws his vote away.

New York State has taught me everything I need to know about the electoral college.

Same with California. Years ago when it was Bush/Kerry, my wife's girlfriend was trying to figure out who to vote for, and I spent about 30 minutes discussing it with her when I realized I was wasting my time. California would be called for Kerry the very moment the polls closed and her vote, whether for Bush or Kerry, was useless.

On the upside, while I don't watch much live TV beyond football, we're not inundated with political ads.

On the upside, while I don't watch much live TV beyond football, we're not inundated with political ads.

Meanwhile here in Virginia there's plenty of ads on TV, radio, PilotOnline has a perisistant Obama ad at the top of their webpage, and my phone often rings with calls from 202-xxx-xxx area code and caller ID flags as Political calls or surveys

Same with California. Years ago when it was Bush/Kerry, my wife's girlfriend was trying to figure out who to vote for, and I spent about 30 minutes discussing it with her when I realized I was wasting my time. California would be called for Kerry the very moment the polls closed and her vote, whether for Bush or Kerry, was useless.

Speaking of political ads.

Here in OK it's just the opposite. This state is as red as it gets, and is always called the moment the polls close.

But recently we are seeing a few Obama ads on TV (usually quoting that Wash Post article). Which is funny, because that's a complete waste of money by his campaign.

Romney isn't even spending money here.

I'll probably vote third party. My vote here in CA for Romney is not going to make a lick of difference.

Voting for the republicrat party is a wasted vote. I'm getting tired of our only voting choice: the lesser of two evils.

This is a shame on both parties. Neither would budge on their special interests. And to avoid reelection threatening votes, they all agreed to kick the can down the road until after November.

I agree with other sentiments here, I've had enough of the sh@t from these parties. The perceived differences pale in comparison to the overlap. I may vote independent for 1st time not because I think they can win this year, but hopefully to contribute real Choice in future ones.America's going down the sh@utter on the most Important issues, and the current 2 party system won't do f@ck all to solve it.

Wow... Deja vu... 2004? Is that where I have heard this "voting the lesser of two evils" bit before.

How this was derided back in 2004. They said: "If you want third party, gotta vote third party." "If you continue to vote the lesser of two evils... You still get evil."

Anyway... I am coming to the conclusion that nobody is third party... Just liars saying they want third party... Making stuff up on how they vote. Everybody either breaks left or right at some point. Very, very few actually pull the lever on a third party.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is a shame on both parties. Neither would budge on their special interests. And to avoid reelection threatening votes, they all agreed to kick the can down the road until after November.

I agree with other sentiments here, I've had enough of the sh@t from these parties. The perceived differences pale in comparison to the overlap. I may vote independent for 1st time not because I think they can win this year, but hopefully to contribute real Choice in future ones.America's going down the sh@utter on the most Important issues, and the current 2 party system won't do f@ck all to solve it.

I think that is what I find most frustrating, why are we waiting till November? We have essentially 90+ days, 3 months to get some things done.. It's always about the next election... I mean take a stand, start solving some of the problems this country is facing...

It's makes me angry

Oh, c'mon. You think he has time to send a budget over? He's got a campaign to run!

PBO does submit a budget Tom... Here's what happened to the last one in the Senate

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/227857-senate-rejects-obama-budget-in-99-0-vote

A budget resolution based on President Obama’s 2013 budget failed to get any votes in the Senate on Wednesday.

In a 99-0 vote, all of the senators present rejected the president’s blueprint.

It’s the second year in a row the Senate has voted down Obama’s budget.

Obama's 2012 budget failed 97 to 0 last May after Obama himself last April said he wanted deeper deficit cuts.

The House earlier this year unanimously rejected Obama's budget.

See... no one, not even a single soul in his own party, votes in favor of his budget proposals... But at least, he does submit something no one agrees with....

Wait.....

Does that mean there IS a consensus in Washington??