Michael Floyd called out by Larry Fitzgerald

Larry Fitzgerald called out rookie WR Michael Floyd on Twitter charging him with DWI -"Don't Want It". Fitzgerald says that he is out working and Floyd has missed 3 straight days of workouts.

Now, I am not saying that Floyd might not become great, but this is the kind of stuff that the pre-draft red flags on Floyd caused some concern about.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry Fitzgerald called out rookie WR Michael Floyd on Twitter charging him with DWI -"Don't Want It". Fitzgerald says that he is out working and Floyd has missed 3 straight days of workouts.

Now, I am not saying that Floyd might not become great, but this is the kind of stuff that the pre-draft red flags on Floyd caused some concern about.

Amazing that these kids just don't get it. The NFL is like nothing they have ever experienced before. The best of the best to where their natural talent will only get them so far. So much needs to be learned and applied in the NFL for someone to become good and/or elite. Funny, so many times you see the push come when reality sets it around a contract year or the year immediately following when they were allowed to leave only to barely latch on somewhere else for a much smaller payday. Not saying this will happen with Floyd, but WR is one of the toughest positions to transition from college to NFL without putting any work in.

Edited by Booger

?? thought this was the gap between minicamp and training camp??

I'll try to add something here.

I think Fitzgerald holds voluntary boot camp workouts a la Jerry Rice. I believe these workouts is what Floyd has been skipping.

Also Fitzgerald's tweet speaks loudly considering he was publicly in favor of the Cardinals drafting Floyd.

It's a wake-up call for Floyd. Fitzgerald is not an enabler. He'll be your friend… if you work hard… that's why he's one of the NFL's best.

I think Fitzgerald holds voluntary boot camp workouts a la Jerry Rice. I believe these workouts is what Floyd has been skipping.

Also Fitzgerald's tweet speaks loudly considering he was publicly in favor of the Cardinals drafting Floyd.

It's a wake-up call for Floyd. Fitzgerald is not an enabler. He'll be your friend… if you work hard… that's why he's one of the NFL's best.

I agree whole heartedly with this statement. I also add that this is why Arizona was a great landing spot for Floyd. If he were to go to a team where he was going to be the star (ala Blackmon in Jax) I don't think it would be as good of a situation. Having Fitzpatrick (see what I did there) as a teammate to guide and direct him can do nothing but help.

I agree whole heartedly with this statement. I also add that this is why Arizona was a great landing spot for Floyd. If he were to go to a team where he was going to be the star (ala Blackmon in Jax) I don't think it would be as good of a situation. Having Fitzpatrick (see what I did there) as a teammate to guide and direct him can do nothing but help.

Exactly.

Look what happened to Michael Crabtree in San Francisco… there was no structure there to get him on the straight and narrow. Look at Dez Bryant under Wade Phillips.

I'm sure Arizona was willing to take on this guy largely because they felt that Larry Fitzgerald would be able to help keep him in line.

Get your first million dollar payday, and decide not to show up? Cool. Larry Fitz is right; DWI. Floyed "don't want it". Even if it is volunteer, you have shown your commitment level to your peers. I'm not saying burn him at the cross, but would you want him on your team? The NFL is a performance based business. I would rather have someone with less talent that can be counted on, than a Randy Moss who will take plays and games off.

Edited by JaxBills

I just find it funny that Fitz is the reason why they drafted Floyd in the first place. If anyone can get him motivated I have no doubt it's Fitz. On the other hand, if Gitz can't even get Him motivated they are in trouble.

Completely agree. Floyd can't exactly be labelled 'lazy' for skipping such a thing, as most other NFL players aren't doing organized workouts right now.

But when Fitzgerald calls you out, he has his reasons.

The Bills are holding voluntary rookie workouts right now. Perhaps the Cards are doing the same, and this is what Floyd is skipping.

Graham, a third-round draft choice the Bills traded up to select out of North Carolina State, reported for voluntary rookie workouts Monday at One Bills Drive.

Linky

Edited by Rubes

Ha!

What pre-draft red flags were there that warned that Floyd was lazy or unmotivated? Floyd's only area of concern was the multiple drinking offenses.

This is a guy who arrived at high school two hours early every morning and worked as a janitor so he could maintain a scholarship. A guy who ND coach Brian Kelly called the hardest worker he had seen in 20 years of coaching.

Who knows what is going on in AZ (oh wait, did I say AZ? I meant Minnesota, you know, where Fitz is right now organizing this very official "workout". And by "organizing" I mean working out with a sports fitness coach). But let's not re-write history to fit a new narrative based solely on a tweet from a teammate (which, to put a nice bow on this goofy thread, was most likely intended as more of a trash talk/locker room barking than a heavy handed indictment of Floyd's work ethic).

Ha!

What pre-draft red flags were there that warned that Floyd was lazy or unmotivated? Floyd's only area of concern was the multiple drinking offenses.

This is a guy who arrived at high school two hours early every morning and worked as a janitor so he could maintain a scholarship. A guy who ND coach Brian Kelly called the hardest worker he had seen in 20 years of coaching.

Who knows what is going on in AZ (oh wait, did I say AZ? I meant Minnesota, you know, where Fitz is right now organizing this very official "workout". And by "organizing" I mean working out with a sports fitness coach). But let's not re-write history to fit a new narrative based solely on a tweet from a teammate (which, to put a nice bow on this goofy thread, was most likely intended as more of a trash talk/locker room barking than a heavy handed indictment of Floyd's work ethic).

THANK YOU!

The guy was involved in alcohol related incidents off the field.

Everyone needs him to fit into this Pacman Sterotype.

That is not Malcolm Floyd.

If piling on a tweet by a teammate meant to motivate, makes you feel better that the Bills passed on an all world talent with the potential to be the next Larry Fitzgerald than goo for you.

6 years from now you won't be filling so good.

Completely agree. Floyd can't exactly be labelled 'lazy' for skipping such a thing, as most other NFL players aren't doing organized workouts right now.

But when Fitzgerald calls you out, he has his reasons.

I agree with this as well

Buddy's GilmoreGraham Pick is looking better and better

FIFY

I believe one of the reason's for Graham signing yesterday was it was the first day players under contract were allowed to work out at the Bill's facility. I don't know what this tweet says about Michael Floyd's work ethic but I do know what that says about Graham's.