Any interest in Josh Gordon in Supplemental Draft

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that we already have a rather extensive line up of receivers on the roster ... would hate to see the team 'waste' a pick on someone who has a very limited chance of making any team's starting line up this year.

And, he is just what everyone needs ... a drug history and an inability to commit to a program that was willing to take him in.

If the kid had any maturity, he'd play at least one season for UTAH and prove to everyone that he has changed while still maintaining the talent he showed at Baylor.

But, from all appearances ... he'll be available after the Supplemental draft for free. And, even then I don't want him.

Edited by shoretalk

Drug problems and an inability to commit to a program. I would take a big pass on him. Plus what others have also said. There's a DOZEN wide receivers on the depth chart right now. That just seems excessive to me.

A second round pick is FAR to valuable for this guy. That's a Cody Glenn or Rob Gronkowski. Or at least a solid role player if you dont mess up. IF I was one hundred percent sold on Fitz as the franchise, then maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder makes sense, but until then the Bills need to stockpile picks for a potential Redskins esque trade as unlike the Skins, the Bills might truly be only a franchise QB away from the start of another good run.

I HIGHLY doubt that he will go in the 2nd round. In fact, I'd be surprised if he went before the 4th. People in the supplemental drafts tend to have warning signs all over them, and that tends to drop them down the draft pretty far. My guess is that he's taken in the 5th, possibly the 4th. He's a developmental guy that will take at least a year in a system with a lot of upside, but also a huge bust potential.

Sounds like the big fast reciever that we all coveted in April. Shefty tweeted he would go in the 2nd. Do the Bills bid a 2nd for him?

Um, no thanks. We already have a big fast receiver who hasn't played for a season or so and who only had 1 real year of playing experience before that - except ours lacks the character issues and didn't play for a very good reason (injury/illness)

Edited by Hopeful

I'm all for taking a risky player once in a while if there is upside. And there is definitely upside if the guy can run sub 4.4 and is 6'4 -- but my philosophy is never pay full price for that risk, you want to look for discounts. If you were taking him in Rd 2 that's "full price" for a guy who hasn't played and is a character concern.

I don't think the bills will offer at Gordon based on Nix's track record, but I certainly see why this guy is being talked about as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.The natural comparison for him is Stephen Hill in my mind, whom a lot of Bills fans were hoping we might target in round 2 or 3. Both sound like incredible athlete's both had limited tape as a WR. Hill performed very well at the combine, so we'll have to see what Gordon does at his pro day and Gordon is further discounted due to "Character" concerns and having sat out a year.

I could maybe be talked into bidding a 3rd round pick on him. I can only go by the media reports on T.J. Graham and Marcus Easely (which sound generally positive), but if our scouts and G.M. think Gordon willbe a better pro than than either Graham or Easely you need to consider placing a high bid for this guy.