From the "wow I didn't see that coming" file...

Which is different from other religions, how???

!

You would have to be more specific in your question for me to answer. But let me start with a general contrast of Christianity and Scientology. L. Ron Hubbard was'nt crucified on a cross for my and your benefit.

Edited by Fan in San Diego

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to be more specific in your question for me to answer. But let me start with a general contrast of Christianity and Scientology. L. Ron Hubbard was'nt crucified on a cross for my and your benefit.

Weren't crucifixions pretty common in the old days? It's religious dogma that has associated greatness with the particular passing of J.C.

Anyway, aren't all organized religions based upon a random belief in something nobody is able to prove or disprove?

Good for him! I can't imagine having to keep something like that from getting out...and look what happens when he does....praise and congrats from every direction.

This seemed a fitting thread for this: Anderson Cooper is out of the closet... er, well, now it's official.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/anderson-cooper-gay-comes-15?4527163--finance.html

Good for him! I can't imagine having to keep something like that from getting out...and look what happens when he does....praise and congrats from every direction.

He didn't; that's why I posted it in this thread. My wife told me he was gay years ago, I thought everyone knew. (of course she's a former "fag-hag" and has well honed gaydar) Apparently he was dating some guy from one of the modeling reality shows.

I didn't realize he was already 'that out'... I'd always heard the 'rumors'...I'm glad he made it official

He didn't; that's why I posted it in this thread. My wife told me he was gay years ago, I thought everyone knew. (of course she's a former "fag-hag" and has well honed gaydar) Apparently he was dating some guy from one of the modeling reality shows.

Weren't crucifixions pretty common in the old days? It's religious dogma that has associated greatness with the particular passing of J.C.

Anyway, aren't all organized religions based upon a random belief in something nobody is able to prove or disprove?

Pretty much. Whenever your discussing what the afterlife is about your surmising. Until you die and move on you can never be sure. And that's the rub. Myself, I believe in Eastern religions of the Yogi's more than western religions. Although agnostic books that were not included what we call the bible were very close to the Eastern religions which is why they were not included. The religious leaders of the day were trying to consolidate their power and the real meanings of Jesus's message were secondary.

Edited by Fan in San Diego

Sounds more like a cult than a church. They hook you up to a polygraph machine for your interview?

They say it's to cleanse you but sounds more like it's to get something on you. Good luck to Katie.

They say it's to cleanse you but sounds more like it's to get something on you. Good luck to Katie.

Yes it sounds like they want you to say something embarrassing or illegal so they can use it as leverage later on if need be. Tom must be gay and that's their leverage on him.