Bills RB C.J. Spiller says team is close to being Super Bowl contender

WotAGuy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy for the optimism but it is a pretty brazen claim given the guy has never made the playoffs much less the SB. On a more positive note it is good to know that the players feel good about the direction the team is going. This could finally be the year where the Bills turn it around. On paper they have everything necessary to do so. The only potential chink in the chain is whether Fitzbeardy plays well or not.

This is an automated response:

The Bills have proven nothing. Looking good on paper is one thing; we need to see it on the field.

I am happy for the optimism but it is a pretty brazen claim given the guy has never made the playoffs much less the SB. On a more positive note it is good to know that the players feel good about the direction the team is going. This could finally be the year where the Bills turn it around. On paper they have everything necessary to do so. The only potential chink in the chain is whether Fitzbeardy plays well or not.

i think fitzbeardy's biggest asset will be getting everyone around him comfortable and thinking that the sky is the limit.

Edited by swnybillsfan

All kidding aside, I heard most of the CJ interview on SiriusXM. He wasn't bragging; that specific quote came in response to a question from Schein and Gannon about whether the Bills were capable of winning the AFC East.

Spiller came across VERY well in the interview. He didn't take the bait when they asked him about how he's going to be used or how many touches he needs to have. Total "team first" attitude. And like everyone else who has been asked, he didn't hesitate to say the Bills can win a Super Bowl with Fitz at QB.

CJ did Buffalo proud.

All kidding aside, I heard most of the CJ interview on SiriusXM. He wasn't bragging; that specific quote came in response to a question from Schein and Gannon about whether the Bills were capable of winning the AFC East.

Spiller came across VERY well in the interview. He didn't take the bait when they asked him about how he's going to be used or how many touches he needs to have. Total "team first" attitude. And like everyone else who has been asked, he didn't hesitate to say the Bills can win a Super Bowl with Fitz at QB.

CJ did Buffalo proud.

Like most quotes that the media uses, they're taken out of context. I thought the interview was fantastic as well and not homer at all. If you don't believe you can win before the season even starts, they you probably won't. If you concede the wild card is the best you can do, then that will probably be the best you will do. That's psychology 101 kids.

He obviously hasn't read any of the 13 threads on Fitzgibbons' accuracy.

Or as many threads on how it was a waste for clueless front office to use a first round pick on RB by posters being begged to work in front offices.

i like his optimism, and hope that it translates into production and swagger on the field. talented men who believe in themselves and their teammates can do wonderful things if they only billieve!

I think this is the butchest roster of players that the Bills have ever collected. You combine that with swagger, and LOOK OUT!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Just wonderin', where are all the 'Nanacy's' when a Bill says the same things many of us realize?

Just wonderin'...

Edit: we'll know where they are in 20 weeks..

They are probably waiting for something to comment on.

A player during the off season saying his team is a contender is hardly noteworthy.

You are taking it as some kind of vindication from the sound of your comment :)

Talk is cheap ... but unfortunately that's all there is for another couple of months.

Sounds like he handled himself well though, particularly by not taking the bait on number of touches etc.

Like most quotes that the media uses, they're taken out of context. I thought the interview was fantastic as well and not homer at all. If you don't believe you can win before the season even starts, they you probably won't. If you concede the wild card is the best you can do, then that will probably be the best you will do. That's psychology 101 kids.

I think the reluctance to accept it from some probably goes hand in hand with what you wrote. He's supposed to say it. Due to that, it only holds so much weight. Further, as mentioned, he really doesn't have much experience to judge from. Karlos dansby, and Rex Ryan both say similar regularly- I wouldn't expect someone to point to it as proof Miami or the jets are on track.

Now that I'm done }^*+%#~#€ in everyone's Cheerios, yes, yes I do believe we are headed in the right direction and getting closer than we have been in well over a decade.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Its to bad 75% of the bills fans are always negative about everything. I BILLEVE 2 WE CAN DO IT! SUPERBOWL. I am so excited this year that im driving to my first buffalo game vs miami NOV 15th from IOWA