CBS Sports Top 10 Jerks in the NFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19415365/nfls-10-biggest-jerks-wideouts-rule-but-plenty-of-nasty-to-go-around

Who is in your Top 10?

I would have to put Belichick in there. Probably Theismann too.

All right, I'll bite on this one. I haven't looked at that link yet, but in no particlular order, here's some of them.

Ryan Leaf

Mark Gasineaou

Buddy Ryan

Rex Ryan

Brian Cox (remember him, Bills fans?)

Dion Sanders

Jerry Jones

Jimmy Johnson

T O before & after the Bills

Pac Man Jones (I have NO use for)

Al Davis

heck, most of the Raiders for that matter

I know it's just the internet, and even more so it's the off-season, but what an unbelievable piece of crap article. What was the point? I'd expect something like that from Bleacher Report, but CBS Sports? For real? Not sure I'd wipe my butt with that one.

Speaking of.... I went to a wedding this week at a nice resort in Boca and ran into Ray Lewis. The guy ignored everyone who was yelling his name and just went along with his business. A bunch of guys were bitching that he was being a dick but I don't blame the guy, he may have come across like a jerk but he wasn't there for an autograph session, he was there to stay at the resort.

I know it's just the internet, and even more so it's the off-season, but what an unbelievable piece of crap article. What was the point? I'd expect something like that from Bleacher Report, but CBS Sports? For real? Not sure I'd wipe my butt with that one.

+9000

+9000

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19415365/nfls-10-biggest-jerks-wideouts-rule-but-plenty-of-nasty-to-go-around

Who is in your Top 10?

My top 10. There are some bad human beings on this list.

1) Rae Carruth

2) OJ Simpson

3) Vick

4) Ray Lewis

5) Pacman

6) Travis Henry

7) Greggo Williams

8) Bellicheat

9) Rothlisraper

10)too many to choose from

+1 to the bleacher report comment. I'd throw in Yahoo! Sports too with their "fan's view" bullcrap. It comes back to that stupid CNN iReport paradigm. They should pay one real writer instead of promoting 20 idiots

Back to the post, I'm surprised no one has brought up Vince Wilfork, what a jerk. Cheap shots, unnecessary roughness, etc

While I agree with the stick and carrot approach Gailey is using to reform him and I am quite hopeful he will become the performer the last two years have hinted at, i would submit Stebie Johnson as a nominee from this Bills fan as the biggest jerk on our team. Just as the author of this stupid list noted in his description of one his jerks that the player got benched in a game due to his bad behavior so too did Stevie get benched when he showboated after a TD and drew a penalty.

Thus was a totally immature move and an insult to his teammates as he let them down.

I think he can be reformed and Gailey is handling him well with the stick of benching him lasr year and the carrot of the Bills promoting him as a team spokesman early this off-season.

However, until he begins to act like he has been there before after a couple of TDs he remains on mt jerk list.

While I agree with the stick and carrot approach Gailey is using to reform him and I am quite hopeful he will become the performer the last two years have hinted at, i would submit Stebie Johnson as a nominee from this Bills fan as the biggest jerk on our team. Just as the author of this stupid list noted in his description of one his jerks that the player got benched in a game due to his bad behavior so too did Stevie get benched when he showboated after a TD and drew a penalty.

Thus was a totally immature move and an insult to his teammates as he let them down.

I think he can be reformed and Gailey is handling him well with the stick of benching him lasr year and the carrot of the Bills promoting him as a team spokesman early this off-season.

However, until he begins to act like he has been there before after a couple of TDs he remains on mt jerk list.

Stevie Johnson is not even close to being a jerk. Taking a penalty and having fun after he scores does not making him a jerk. The guy has always been personable, humble, a hard worker, and has always taken responsibility for his actions. Have you ever listened to any of his interviews? Just because you don't TD celebrations doesn't make him a jerk. You're way off base.

Edited by biglukes

Who is in your Top 10?

I actually thought the list was pretty good, I would have put Cromartie at #2 though... If I didn't have a soft spot for dogs, he'd be number one...

For those throwing out older names, they specifically mention only current NFL players/coaches (making an exception for Owens)...

I don't think Haynesworth has retired though, he certainly could/should be on there...

I also think Rex Ryan is a far bigger Douche bag/Jerk than Schwartz or Harbaugh.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

1) Rae Carruth

2) OJ Simpson

3) Vick

4) Ray Lewis

5) Pacman

6) Travis Henry

7) Greggo Williams

8) Bellicheat

9) Rothlisraper

I usually don't double post, but I missed this...

How can you put people on your list, which by the way seems to be littered by felonious individuals, who have either committed a crime, or were implicated, then cleared. I understand a few of them, but I generally hate the way the media presents "evidence" of wrong doings to sway the public opinions of the accused, so with that said, you have a few people on your list that were either cleared before charges could have been filed. or acquitted of the crime.

If that's the basis of your list, I disagree with a few of them, simply based on the fact that until I read into, and research the cases these players were involved in, I won't pass judgment on them either way.

Example, Rothlisburger. If you heard that girl's recorded statement, which I did, it was available forever online, that girl was full of it top to bottom. Don't get me wrong, BR is a total douche bag, so on that basis alone I like that he's on your list, but not as a rapist.

And OJ Simpson I find hard to believe the guy could nearly hack the heads off of 2 people without getting a scratch on him, and if he drove away in his white bronco, how did he not just slather that interior with blood? Also, if the cut on his finger was caused by the attacks, why was there no cut in the glove? or no blood inside the glove of his own from the cut? Also, no actual murder weapon, along with a bloody sock found in his bedroom that had traces of police swab material suggesting the blood was wiped and pressed into the fibers....I could literally go on and on and on and on and on......I'm not suggesting he doesn't know who did it, I merely suggest there's waaaay too much evidence that creates what they call in the courtroom as "reasonable doubt". I wasn't there, he was acquitted, so I do not look at OJ as anything but a sad story in which one of our most famous Bills has become now "Infamous", and forever linked to the even more tragic deaths of 2 people guilty or not.

Sorry to sort of "thread-jack" but I don't think it's fair to judge with only what the media presents us.

I hate bellichick, for thread's sake, and Brian Cox, and Willis Mc-average, and "Bust-Mode" for being a wasted pick. Oh yeah, Phil Simms, and Chris Collinsworth, and that idiot who played for the Raiders that always whines on every top ten list about the Steelers, and that A-hole Raider safety who was so dirty he paralyzed a patriot receiver.

+1 to the bleacher report comment. I'd throw in Yahoo! Sports too with their "fan's view" bullcrap. It comes back to that stupid CNN iReport paradigm. They should pay one real writer instead of promoting 20 idiots

Back to the post, I'm surprised no one has brought up Vince Wilfork, what a jerk. Cheap shots, unnecessary roughness, etc

OverOfficious, I agree w/ including Wilfork. He could have seriously injured Losman on that cheap shot he took. And yet, when a play that's only SIMILAR happens to Brady (the KC game) the NFL changes the rules (the Brady Rule) the next year to protect him.

But w/ your being surprised nobody brought Wilfork up I think only shows you how many of these jerks are/were in the NFL. Players like Wilfork just get lost in the mix. That's my opinion, anyway.

Stevie Johnson is not even close to being a jerk. Taking a penalty and having fun after he scores does not making him a jerk. The guy has always been personable, humble, a hard worker, and has always taken responsibility for his actions. Have you ever listened to any of his interviews? Just because you don't TD celebrations doesn't make him a jerk. You're way off base.

Then why was he benched in the game? Does this strike you as normal football behavior? Do you want to see his teammates also taking penalties for doing TO type things at times of the individual's choosing?

SJ is certainly no lost cause and with careful management (which I think Gailey is doing) he can be changed to be more of a teamer than a Mike Williams who always needed special care.I think you are way off base in terms of thinking I am way off base on this one.

If your HC warns everyone that anyone who draws attention to themselves by getting a penalty for excessive celebration (a penalty which is inconsistently applied by refs in the No Fun League)he will be punished for costing his teammates 15 yards.

Yes the league was stupid for penalizing SJ for what ever demonstation he made in the last game. However, SJ was at least being immature and really a jerk to force his HC to punish him and penalize his team by acting out.

Gailey has been quite charitable by bit punishing SJ as harshly as he deserves in my view but I guess a light touch works better in today's selfish world.

Then why was he benched in the game? Does this strike you as normal football behavior? Do you want to see his teammates also taking penalties for doing TO type things at times of the individual's choosing?

SJ is certainly no lost cause and with careful management (which I think Gailey is doing) he can be changed to be more of a teamer than a Mike Williams who always needed special care.I think you are way off base in terms of thinking I am way off base on this one.

If your HC warns everyone that anyone who draws attention to themselves by getting a penalty for excessive celebration (a penalty which is inconsistently applied by refs in the No Fun League)he will be punished for costing his teammates 15 yards.

Yes the league was stupid for penalizing SJ for what ever demonstation he made in the last game. However, SJ was at least being immature and really a jerk to force his HC to punish him and penalize his team by acting out.

Gailey has been quite charitable by bit punishing SJ as harshly as he deserves in my view but I guess a light touch works better in today's selfish world.

A couple of excessive celebration penalties hardly make a guy a jerk. He's never been in trouble with the law, thrown a teammate under the bus, bad mouthed the fans or the city, held out, or even passed blame for his mistakes. He accepted full responsibility and said he respected Chan for sticking to his decision and accepted the consequences for the benching. He's nothing like TO.

1) Rae Carruth

2) OJ Simpson

3) Vick

4) Ray Lewis5) Pacman

6) Travis Henry

7) Greggo Williams

8) Bellicheat

9) Rothlisraper

Ray Ray? Really? Why because of the shooting after the SB in 99? He didn't do it. He ended up helping the authorities. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And subsequently has been a model citizan and player. If you asked every coach in the NFL, they would all want Ray Lewis on their team. Granted his skills are diminishing but the guy is a leader. He takes interest in the rookies and likes watching them grow and develope.

A couple of excessive celebration penalties hardly make a guy a jerk. He's never been in trouble with the law, thrown a teammate under the bus, bad mouthed the fans or the city, held out, or even passed blame for his mistakes. He accepted full responsibility and said he respected Chan for sticking to his decision and accepted the consequences for the benching. He's nothing like TO.

I guess we have a different tolerance for jerky behavior in terms of how we judge things. Certainly I view someone like Marshawn Lynch as a big time jerk for drinking, hitting a pedestrian (fortunately a light tap rather than a Corasanti) and driving away.

Still, even though I make a distinction between a criminal jerk (Corasanti), a stupid party jerk like Lynch and a self-centered attention seeking jerk willing to defy his HC and cost his teammates field position, they are all being jerks in my book even though they deserve different punishments.

The irony to me is that all three strike me as having gotten off lightly for for their jerkitude. I am one that hopes SJ will learn a valuable lesson from the discipline exacted upon him because he was (at least IMHO) a juvenile jerk.

(In fact, I have more problems merely labeling Corasanti a jerk because that seems way off base for his crime while labeling Stevie a jerk for his transgression against his HC and teammates seems pretty apropriate to me. I guess you demand a criminal charge though to merit this label for someone.