Will SCOTUS uphold or strike down Obamacare  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will SCOTUS uphold or strikedown Obamacare

• Uphold in entirety
    • Uphold individual mandate but strike down other provisions
    • Strike down Indivdual Mandate but uphold remainder
    • Strike down Individual Mandate and other provisions
    • Strike down in entirety

It’s unfortunate that Obamacare has forced the Court’s nine justices — and their clerks — to make life-or-death decisions for the private insurance market.

You really expect the Court to do that?” exclaimed Antonin Scalia at oral argument. “Or do you expect us to give this function to our law clerks? Is this not totally unrealistic, that we are going to go through this enormous bill item by item and decide each one?

America desperately needs true health reform. There are too many Americans without health insurance, and too few taxpayer dollars to sustain our existing system.

But Obamacare’s byzantine complexity leaves the Court little choice. It must overturn the entirety of the law, and ask Congress to try again.

NRO

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry will still attack, but he'll fail just like the other "wars on..." he's tried to wage. Romney said last week that his plan will cover pre-existing conditions, while the biggest insurers have said that they'll keep the popular provisions of Obamacare that have already been implemented:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nations-biggest-insurers-will-keep-parts-health-care-law-regardless-of-supreme-court-ruling/2012/06/11/gJQAkhvrVV_story.html

I am still unclear, for all the back and forth, how the new legislation will be much different.... without every American covered, we will still see significant cost shifting... regardless of how competitive a price point the insurance is, there are still goign to be tons of people who will choose not buy, get sick, and show up crying foul and getting free care.

I have a friend who is still in the hospital with a Staph infection, not a lick of insurance and no job... moron got this getting another Tatoo... retard.......He will not be repsosnsible for a cent of that bill and he knows it... how is this problem countered?

I have a friend who is still in the hospital with a Staph infection, not a lick of insurance and no job... moron got this getting another Tatoo... retard.......He will not be repsosnsible for a cent of that bill and he knows it... how is this problem countered?

By turning him away at the door with a "sorry, cash only for self-inflicted, non-emergencies"

Cue the whining.

I am still unclear, for all the back and forth, how the new legislation will be much different.... without every American covered, we will still see significant cost shifting... regardless of how competitive a price point the insurance is, there are still goign to be tons of people who will choose not buy, get sick, and show up crying foul and getting free care.

What makes you think he'll be buying insurance under Obamacare? He'll take the penalty (but never pay it and there won't be any repercussions) and still get medical care when he gets sick and still not pay for it.

I'm not sure, but I think I may have cracked thru the thick skull of a lefty today. At the very least I implanted a paradoxical algorithm into his way of thinking.

He was going off on insurance companies and corporations and hating on Corporate Executives.

I pointed out that Corporations aren't run by a single executive but by a board of directors. They also tend to have fairly large legal departments. Kind of like a President, Legislature, and Judicial branch.

How does a coroporation act?

How does the Federal Government act?

Went back and forth abit and I could almost see his brain BSoD when he finally understood my point that the US Federal Government is in fact the ultimate Corporation. A corporation that is accountable to nobody but itself.

I'm not sure, but I think I may have cracked thru the thick skull of a lefty today. At the very least I implanted a paradoxical algorithm into his way of thinking.

He was going off on insurance companies and corporations and hating on Corporate Executives.

I pointed out that Corporations aren't run by a single executive but by a board of directors. They also tend to have fairly large legal departments. Kind of like a President, Legislature, and Judicial branch.

How does a coroporation act?

How does the Federal Government act?

Went back and forth abit and I could almost see his brain BSoD when he finally understood my point that the US Federal Government is in fact the ultimate Corporation. A corporation that is accountable to nobody but itself.

Did the same thing today. Coworker (a supporter of the ACA) was complaining about the tendency of special interest groups to expect Congress to pass laws to redistribute income from the "rich" to said groups. I responded "I agree. Now think about the Health Care bill."

Boom! You could see his opinions on the ACA explode like I shoved a grenade in 'em and pulled the pin.

I was just perusing thru PeopleOfWalmart for giggles and kept getting banner ads for some site like healtcareandyou.org for additional giggles I clicked the link. Unsurprisingly it was a site extolling the virtues of Obamacare.

Healcareandyou.org and PeopleOfWalmart. They do understand the target audience of Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign

Edited by /dev/null

This is helpful.................

Obama warns on healthcare ruling

By Stephanie Kirchgaessner

Barack Obama suggested that any decision by the US Supreme Court to overturn his landmark healthcare law would send the country “backwards” and that Americans did not want to “re-fight” the battle over healthcare.

It was the first sign that beyond the White House’s staunch defence of the Affordable Care Act Mr Obama is prepared to use the law as a rallying cry on the campaign trail. It is a risky strategy: about half the country remains opposed to the legislation, although most voters like the consumer protections that are guaranteed under the law.

Financial Times

This is helpful.................

This is where Obama will find himself to be terribly wrong. Americans are absolutely ready to fight the healthcare battle. Most Americans know that ACA is an embarrassing farce of a law created by incompetent dolts who needed to bribe and torture elected officials just to get it passed.

A talking head Twitter comment I read recently that made me chuckle: If Obamacare goes down, the first thing we should do is interview all the congressmen who lost their seats voting for the law.

So here's hoping Obama's stupid enough to double down on this law no matter what happens tomorrow.

In less than 24 hours politics will go nuts, regardless of outcome. As we all know the mandate will likely go down prompting republicans to go nuts about a Constitutional law lecturer who was stupid enough to pass their own idea....then maybe the rest will go down or probably at least the preexisting injury mandate prompting the left to go nuts about the Supreme Court hurting the people and being politically charged...they will call to arms saying it's time to energize and get people covered once and for all....the right will arm up saying this will not happen again and Obama can't be allowed another term to take away their freedom and destroy American medicine...and all will be well in the world of the daily political news cycle. Personally...I can't wait. I expect nothing less than absolute retardation from many politicians and pundits on both sides and complete idiocy here on the board as well. Don't let me down gentlemen.

Again, the major health insurers have publicly stated that they'll keep the free preventative care and allowing kids on their parents' policy until they're 26 stuff that people like. While Romney has said that he'll push for a reform that doesn't discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions. Barry will just be pissing in the wind.

Again, the major health insurers have publicly stated that they'll keep the free preventative care and allowing kids on their parents' policy until they're 26 stuff that people like. While Romney has said that he'll push for a reform that doesn't discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions. Barry will just be pissing in the wind.

LOL can't wait to here how Romney will save the pre-existing condition crowd w/ out a mandate or single payer..."high risk pools!!!" LOL...I can see it now...Romney on stage "We going to reform healthcare, close tax loop holes to raise revenue, and put a pinkberry on the moon just don't ask me how before the election!" Obama: "I'm going to march the ACA zombie to the door of the GOP convention and we are going to eat their children next term!"

On a serious note though I will look forward to reading the opinion and inevitable dissent(s). Should be interesting.

Edited by TheNewBills

This is where Obama will find himself to be terribly wrong. Americans are absolutely ready to fight the healthcare battle. Most Americans know that ACA is an embarrassing farce of a law created by incompetent dolts who needed to bribe and torture elected officials just to get it passed.

A talking head Twitter comment I read recently that made me chuckle: If Obamacare goes down, the first thing we should do is interview all the congressmen who lost their seats voting for the law.

So here's hoping Obama's stupid enough to double down on this law no matter what happens tomorrow.

He doubles down, carries the people who support the ACA AND adds on the people who wanted more aggressive reform should that be medicare for all or Public Option. If posed correctly, this could actually be a break for him... he will force the GOP to be specific about their plans, and they will not be able to keep saying "commonsense solutions"- they will have to dive into policy and tell how selling insurance across State lines or Tort Reform achieves the goal of the current cost shifting, cost explosion system. I tend to think Romney is in an wakward position having signed the Mass Health Bill, distancing himslef from that with the TP breathing down his back... poor Mitt, he is going to be treading the polictical highwire.

I'll be interested to see the specifics and what the health care compaines and their lobby has to say about this.

LOL can't wait to here how Romney will save the pre-existing condition crowd w/ out a mandate or single payer..."high risk pools!!!" LOL...I can see it now...Romney on stage "We going to reform healthcare, close tax loop holes to raise revenue, and put a pinkberry on the moon just don't ask me how before the election!" Obama: "I'm going to march the ACA zombie to the door of the GOP convention and we are going to eat their children next term!"

On a serious note though I will look forward to reading the opinion and inevitable dissent(s). Should be interesting.

Consider it a campaign promise by Romney. The purpose of which is to (along with the insurance companies saying they'll continue to do the good things from Obamacare) make Barry's words about "going backwards" ring hollow.

He doubles down, carries the people who support the ACA AND adds on the people who wanted more aggressive reform should that be medicare for all or Public Option.

Hate to piss in your Cheerios buddy, but those people weren't exactly flocking to Romney

He doubles down, carries the people who support the ACA AND adds on the people who wanted more aggressive reform should that be medicare for all or Public Option.

First of all, it that was an option, why didn't he do it in the first place? He had full control of both houses and STILL made people kill their political careers to get this piece of garbage through. For want of the progressive holy grail of entitlements at any cost, he FUBAR'ed the whole thing. He should've stopped when Scott Brown was elected...but no. He kept pushing something that no one wanted, and two years later, STILL don't want.

Second of all, the main reason most people do not want ACA is because it forces every American, against their will, to purchase something EXCLUSIVELY because they exist. That is, at its most basic level, the complete opposite of freedom. Now I know libs and progs laugh at conservatives when they talk about the erosion of freedom, but that doesn't make it a laughing matter. While I am hopeful that it all gets struck down, I will say now that if it does, it will be a very sad day for our country. That a significant majority of one party took an entire year to do NOTHING but throw a trillion dollars out the window and then create a 2700-page abortion of a law that couldn't even pass the simple, basic laws of the land says more about the state of our country than it ever will about the utterly unprecedented incompetence of Barack Obama.

Edited by LABillzFan

Consider it a campaign promise by Romney. The purpose of which is to (along with the insurance companies saying they'll continue to do the good things from Obamacare) make Barry's words about "going backwards" ring hollow.

Hey, regardless of who is president we can't go backwards in our reform effort so it's good for all of us.