• Uphold individual mandate but strike down other provisions
    • Strike down Indivdual Mandate but uphold remainder
    • Strike down Individual Mandate and other provisions
    • Strike down in entirety

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't fool yourself... It is the basis of the economy.

Then we have American companies that relocated overseas to countries that provide socialized medicine... Wallbash...

They didn't relocate to those countries because of socialized medicine. :rolleyes:

No sh*t Sherlock.

Read your post that Doc responded to. It certainly sounded as if you were trying to make the point that U.S. companies moved to countries that have socialized medicine because they had socialized medicine.

Read your post that Doc responded to. It certainly sounded as if you were trying to make the point that U.S. companies moved to countries that have socialized medicine because they had socialized medicine.

I guess you didn't pic up on my sarcasm... I must uses more smilies...:D

You were great at picking up GG's sacrasm... And that was as plain Jane as you can get.

I guess you didn't pic up on my sarcasm... I must uses more smilies...:D

You were great at picking up GG's sacrasm... And that was as plain Jane as you can get.

After awhile you get to figure out what a person's philosophy is. Your comment fell right in with what I view your opinion would be. GG's didn't fall in with my take on what his philosophy is.

Gee, that's really funny. I've never seen that before. You really got me. Face it, you shot your mouth off and got called on it by Doc. Take your lumps.

What lumps? What Doc posted is not what I meant. Can jobs stay here for lower labor costs yet, can we have single payer socialized med?

Resorting to using the Commerce Clause after failing to justify it under congress' power to tax (since the word "tax" never appears once in the 2,000+ pages of the law) should have been everyone's first and only hint that this isn't going to pass muster. And the key there is that the supply and demand of health insurance isn't going to be affected.

Washington Post article on the weekend. Full panic mode, as evidenced by the laughable first line.

Obama’s legal tactics seen as possibly hurting chances to save health-care law

By Peter Wallsten

Some prominent legal scholars say a series of tactical decisions by President Obama’s legal team may have hurt the chances of saving his landmark health-care legislation from being gutted by Supreme Court conservatives.

If they do, is it politically good or bad for Obama?

I mean, does his campaign successfully argue that "The Republicans want to kill grandma, you need to reelect us to keep health care affordable!" Or do the Republicans successfully argue that the Democrats don't know what they're doing, passing unconstitutional laws?

Good for Obama- it gives him an avenue to go after Romney and Boehner, with the question "What is your plan, not that millions of Americans are back to square one?" It gives him soemting to talk about and distract from an economy that is on the very slow uptick cycle.

The options:

1. Market Based Reforms- they will conclude we have been there, and it failed to cover anybody other than the healthy.

2. Opening for "Universal Care, Public Option, Medicare for All"

Unless the GOP has some great plan in the fray, which I assume will be vague and generalized solutions, will fall by the wayside should Romney win. I htink it will be very interesting to see how much Americans care about this long time issue as it continues to chew up GDP and IMHO dampen innovation and the enterprising spirit.

The GOP has really set the stange for "What we Had" and "Universal Care" and nothing in between. If Universal Care becomes popular becuase people are sick of being !@#$ed with, it could backfire big for conservatives.

Edited by B-Large

Good for Obama- it gives him an avenue to go after Romney and Boehner, with the question "What is your plan, not that millions of Americans are back to square one?" It gives him soemting to talk about and distract from an economy that is on the very slow uptick cycle.

Barry will still attack, but he'll fail just like the other "wars on..." he's tried to wage. Romney said last week that his plan will cover pre-existing conditions, while the biggest insurers have said that they'll keep the popular provisions of Obamacare that have already been implemented:

Some of the nation’s biggest health insurers will keep some popular parts of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul even if the law fails to survive Supreme Court scrutiny later this month.

UnitedHealth Group, Humana and Aetna all said Monday that they will continue to cover preventive care such as immunizations and screenings without requiring patients to pay a set fee called a co-payment.

They also said they’d still cover adult children up to age 26 through their parents’ insurance plans. Additionally, they all pledged to continue to offer a simple process for patients who want to appeal when their health insurance claims have been denied.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nations-biggest-insurers-will-keep-parts-health-care-law-regardless-of-supreme-court-ruling/2012/06/11/gJQAkhvrVV_story.html