• Uphold individual mandate but strike down other provisions
    • Strike down Indivdual Mandate but uphold remainder
    • Strike down Individual Mandate and other provisions
    • Strike down in entirety

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Monday. And if they strike down the mandate, the rest of it collapses.

If they do, is it politically good or bad for Obama?

I mean, does his campaign successfully argue that "The Republicans want to kill grandma, you need to reelect us to keep health care affordable!" Or do the Republicans successfully argue that the Democrats don't know what they're doing, passing unconstitutional laws?

I mean, does his campaign successfully argue that "The Republicans want to kill grandma, you need to reelect us to keep health care affordable!" Or do the Republicans successfully argue that the Democrats don't know what they're doing, passing unconstitutional laws?

I am not sure what it going to be. Yet, whatever it is... It is going to divide the nation deeply. I am not being dramatic, the justices themselves have come out and said this! Get ready for the bleeding!

I am not sure what it going to be. Yet, whatever it is... It is going to divide the nation deeply. I am not being dramatic, the justices themselves have come out and said this! Get ready for the bleeding!

It's already divided deeply. The difference is if they strike it down the majority will be happy, thus increasing the over all happiness level in this country.

Here's one scenario if only the madndate is struck down:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/19/white-house-readies-ramming-speed-if-supremes-strike-down-mandate/?utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedburner&intcmp=obinsite

Edited by 3rdnlng

The Repubs can say that Obamacare was going to cut $500B from Medicare, which would only have helped kill grandma faster. And reportedly Romney has spoken to health insurance companies and gotten assurances that they'll keep the good stuff like parents being allowed to keep children on their policy until they're 26 and paying for preventative health care, which I'm sure he'll declare publicly if it's struck-down. Ultimately, it's a matter of getting the messages out.

It's already divided deeply. The difference is if they strike it down the majority will be happy, thus increasing the over all happiness level in this country.

Then how do you interpret what the justices said? If we are already divided, why are they preparing us for more turmoil? If what you said is the truth... They must be thinking about passing it? No? Or they wouldn't be "preparing" us.

Time (I know) had a good right up about the "accidental justice", Anthony Kennedy... He is the decider.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Then how do you interpret what the justices said? If we are already divided, why are they preparing us for more turmoil? If what you said is the truth... They must be thinking about passing it? No? Or they wouldn't be "preparing" us.

Time (I know) had a good right up about the "accidental justice", Anthony Kennedy... He is the decider.

I just edited my post to include a link to an article that explains one possible consequence of just getting rid of the mandate.

I know you guys are going to lambaste this... But isn't the goal in healthcare going to have to revolve around a large pool of money created by ones that are healthy and don't need to tap into that pool. As the Boomers kick the bucket in th next 30 yeras, what is gonna be the end game? Will it be a ponzi type scheme?

I just edited my post to include a link to an article that explains one possible consequence of just getting rid of the mandate.

Thanks! Will read.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The timing is perfect for Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign. Regardless of how SCOTUS rules it will drive away what little media coverage Holder and Fast & Furious has started to receive.

Upholding the law would probably be less beneficial to Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign. In four months the Health Care ruling will be old news and not in the cycle

However if SCOTUS overturns the bill, that would help greatly help Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign. He's been running against Bush for 6 years, bankers for 4, and Congress for two. SCOTUS striking down the law gives Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign one more scary boogeyman to frighten the populace.

Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign will run against the right wing SCOTUS. If he's not re-elected the Republicans might be able to appoint another Supreme Court Justice and women won't be able to get abortions, free contraception, will no longer be able to have a job and will probably be forced to wear 1950s style dresses while they're stuck at home barefoot and pregnant. Gays will be rounded up to Concentration Camps, Mexicans hunted for sport, and Blacks forced back into slavery.

I know you guys are going to lambaste this... But isn't the goal in healthcare going to have to revolve around a large pool of money created by ones that are healthy and don't need to tap into that pool. As the Boomers kick the bucket in th next 30 yeras, what is gonna be the end game? Will it be a ponzi type scheme?

Thanks! Will read.

I'm against Obamacare on principle. For practical reasons though, to actually make it work, the penalties for not having insurance are nowhere steep enough to make this anything other than another government fustercluck.

I'm against Obamacare on principle. For practical reasons though, to actually make it work, the penalties for not having insurance are nowhere steep enough to make this anything other than another government fustercluck.

He really wanted single payer... So did I... I was just talking at work last night how one of my co-workers lived in England for a spell... He had nothing but good things to say about the system there... And he was an American living there getting healthcare... I know that statement will get ripped. Same with my vet father, he has been using the VA for over 50 years and never has a problem with it. What is the problem with single payer? Fear? Are other Americans just too picky? As a fed employee... I just have too much damn choice... Too many health insuance companies in the FEHB pie!

The timing is perfect for Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign. Regardless of how SCOTUS rules it will drive away what little media coverage Holder and Fast & Furious has started to receive.

Upholding the law would probably be less beneficial to Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign. In four months the Health Care ruling will be old news and not in the cycle

However if SCOTUS overturns the bill, that would help greatly help Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign. He's been running against Bush for 6 years, bankers for 4, and Congress for two. SCOTUS striking down the law gives Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign one more scary boogeyman to frighten the populace.

Obama's Perpetual Motion Presidential Campaign will run against the right wing SCOTUS. If he's not re-elected the Republicans might be able to appoint another Supreme Court Justice and women won't be able to get abortions, free contraception, will no longer be able to have a job and will probably be forced to wear 1950s style dresses while they're stuck at home barefoot and pregnant. Gays will be rounded up to Concentration Camps, Mexicans hunted for sport, and Blacks forced back into slavery.

My guess is that having it overturned is the best outcome from the President's re-election standpoint. Because it won't come across as - we wasted 18 months ramming something uncostitutional through the system when we should have been focused primarily on the economy and national security, it'll be spun as you'd mentioned and the big media are already looking for a story to replace F&F.

My guess is that having it overturned is the best outcome from the President's re-election standpoint. Because it won't come across as - we wasted 18 months ramming something uncostitutional through the system when we should have been focused primarily on the economy and national security, it'll be spun as you'd mentioned and the big media are already looking for a story to replace F&F.

But healtcare IS the economy. It is like having a leaky roof... HC is that leaky roof... You are not going to put in hardwood floors BEFORE you fix the roof.

But healtcare IS the economy. It is like having a leaky roof... HC is that leaky roof... You are not going to put in hardwood floors BEFORE you fix the roof.

And they didn't do ANYTHING to fix the economics of healthcare. They came up with what is (likely) an unconstitutional adjustment to the health INSURANCE system. The law that was passed had nothing to do with fixing healthcare.

And, no, healthcare is NOT the economy. It's a big chunk of it, but had they been pursuing growth policies rather than pushing towards a progressive's utopia, he would have had 8 years with a democratic congress to work towards his progressive's utopia rather than the 22 months he got.

And they didn't do ANYTHING to fix the economics of healthcare. They came up with what is (likely) an unconstitutional adjustment to the health INSURANCE system. The law that was passed had nothing to do with fixing healthcare.

And, no, healthcare is NOT the economy. It's a big chunk of it, but had they been pursuing growth policies rather than pushing towards a progressive's utopia, he would have had 8 years with a democratic congress to work towards his progressive's utopia rather than the 22 months he got.

Don't fool yourself... It is the basis of the economy.

Then we have American companies that relocated overseas to countries that provide socialized medicine... Wallbash...

This is an off topic question... Tech question... I am on my cellphone (Droid 4, Gingerbread)... Why every once in a while do videos overlay on the full board version? Right now... It is a BFLO Bill video with Jim Kelly (Bills Primetime video 2) on it... It literally covers up each page... This will happen from time to time blocking things... Maybe I should get an Apple? ;-)

Don't fool yourself... It is the basis of the economy.

Then we have American companies that relocated overseas to countries that provide socialized medicine... Wallbash...

This is an off topic question... Tech question... I am on my cellphone (Droid 4, Gingerbread)... Why every once in a while do videos overlay on the full board version? Right now... It is a BFLO Bill video with Jim Kelly (Bills Primetime video 2) on it... It literally covers up each page... This will happen from time to time blocking things... Maybe I should get an Apple? ;-)

Because the biggest POS on this board is posting multiple videos and a speech by Obama in the Shout Box.

Because the biggest POS on this board is posting multiple videos and a speech by Obama in the Shout Box.

Thanks... Just put 2 and 2 together... DAMN SHOUTBOX!

I just switched to IP Mobile to post this... I can't post in ShoutBox to bump it away! This sucks... It is a Bills video though! He should just post the link.

Thanks... Just put 2 and 2 together... DAMN SHOUTBOX!

I just switched to IP Mobile to post this... I can't post in ShoutBox to bump it away! This sucks... It is a Bills video though! He should just post the link.

It's two different Bills videos and a several page long Obama speech in the f'n Shoutbox!