The unemployment rate went down .00001% today

Another successful implementation of the Summer of Recovery III by our benevolent President bringing more green jobs to our proud nation. :P

Congrats on finding the job. Safe to assume you're still in Syracuse?

Congratulations. I take it this job is neither green or shovel ready?

Nope, neither. Doing AV system installs at corps/schools.

Congrats on finding the job. Safe to assume you're still in Syracuse?

kinda. Due to funds running low and my apt lease being up, I decided to move home. So I'll still be close to Syracuse, but not in the area.

Nope, neither. Doing AV system installs at corps/schools.

Don't be so sure. Are they energy efficient?

Damn....I missed my 20,000th post.

Edited by Chef Jim

Actually, there are a few very extensive asset management software programs available right now that communicate to all the bi-directional AV equipment (projectors, LCDs, videoconferencing codecs, lights, etc) to ensure powering down of idle equipment at scheduled times, as well as the ability to monitor room and equipment usage so companies can direct traffic to less-used systems, ensuring they're not overloading existing equipment with excessive use. Lighting and HVAC are all monitored as well, allowing companies to actually reduce overall energy costs (especially on systems where you have multiple rooms in multiple buildings throughout a corporate or educational campus) as well as equipment maintenance costs, which in turn allows them to invest in more advanced communication technology. Occupy sensors are all the rage as well, as they should be, so no room is wasting an iota of energy until it is verified that someone is in the room and confirmed to put the room to use.

Actually, there are a few very extensive asset management software programs available right now that communicate to all the bi-directional AV equipment (projectors, LCDs, videoconferencing codecs, lights, etc) to ensure powering down of idle equipment at scheduled times, as well as the ability to monitor room and equipment usage so companies can direct traffic to less-used systems, ensuring they're not overloading existing equipment with excessive use. Lighting and HVAC are all monitored as well, allowing companies to actually reduce overall energy costs (especially on systems where you have multiple rooms in multiple buildings throughout a corporate or educational campus) as well as equipment maintenance costs, which in turn allows them to invest in more advanced communication technology. Occupy sensors are all the rage as well, as they should be, so no room is wasting an iota of energy until it is verified that someone is in the room and confirmed to put the room to use.

Wow. When Jack said AV I thought a overhead projector.