Patriots Release Ochocinco

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you cant have a good season with tom brady throwing you the ball then you are the definition of washed up

Exactly.

Remember when the Pats* signed Ocho and Fat Albert and how the NFL was shaking in their cleats over this genius Belichick move?

I seem to recall a few "fans" here moaning about how the Pats* were going to bury the Bills because they weren't afraid to make bold moves like this?

Any of you crystal ball jockeys want to take a bow now? WEO? John Cocktosen?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Tryout. That is all. Hasn't everyone been bitching and moaning about our lack of a number 2 receiver? If we like what we see, get him at the same rate as Vince Young. If not, walk on by.

Exacty. We're a pass-first team with only one WR of note. We shouldn't be turning any name WR down for a try out.

Get the thought of signing old, washed up, "me first" players out of your heads. This guy went from a franchise where he was the big fish. He was a huge reason why Carson Palmer wanted nothing to do with the Bengals as they let Johnson's dog and pony show run chaos throughout the organization. When he was finally shown the door he went to a top tier organization that does not put up with BS such as his. They put him on notice and he quickly realized (maybe not quickly) that just running around on the field calling for the ball is not the way an efficient offense is run. A successful NFL team/offense is about structure, timing and discipline. He received culture shock when he met the Patriots, it amazes me that he was able to get away with his antics so long in Cincy.

He is a Bum, a wasted talent that was never taught the meaning of TEAM. My prediction is that he will end up on some low level team to possibly try and sell some tickets. He will talk a big game, call for the ball, maybe even have 1 or 2 good games. Then, week 5, as the team is 1-3 or 0-4 you will see him pouting on the sideline, calling out the QB and then cut the next week.

Guy is DONE

Edited by Booger

Could look at the other way: with Welker and Gronk firmly established as the targets, how could anyone else get many balls thrown their way?

Wouldn't hurt us AT ALL to have him in for a tryout.

Seriously, what purpose would it serve? What about this guy makes you think he'd be a good fit in Buffalo aside from the fact he USED to be a superstar? Don't kid yourself, this is no James Lofton nearing the end of his career who still has a lot left and can get a team over the hump.

I realize the Bills don't have a "proven" #2 WR opposite Stevie, but that doesn't mean you take a 34-year-old broken down media whore and all of that baggage just so there's a "name" receiver on the roster.

Let's not forget -- this guy is so dumb he changed his name to a freaking number to get more attention, at a time when he was already recognized as one of the top WRs in the game.

Get the thought of signing old, washed up, "me first" players out of your heads.

This.

The Bills talent cupboard is no longer bare. At the end of training camp, we aren't only going to be cutting guys who will never be heard from again.

We are going to be cutting some guys who will be picked up by other teams and do well.

We need to focus on our own player development, not bringing in yesterday's faded, tempermental stars who haven't shown anything lately

WR is one of the positions where an interesting battle is shaping up. I'm not convinced we have the right man on the roster, but we'll see. It's one of those positions where for some guys, it takes a number of seasons for the NFL game to "click". If everyone stays healthy through training camp, I'm sure the Bills will be cutting some guys they would just as soon keep.

Pass on Ocho; we don’t need the added media circus that comes with him. If we could sign Chad Johnson, I’d think about it for a minute but probably still pass. Our coaches seem to like the upside of our young receivers and if we bring him in, he’d take reps away from them and I think they need all the work they can get. We also seem to have a great bunch of team first guys and Ocho is the antithesis of a team first guy…at least he was in Cincy. I do think that physically he can still play at a decent level but not mentally. I don’t think he can read a defense very well, which is why he couldn’t make it in NE*. He admitted in an interview last year that he was always thinking instead of just playing. Their offense is a ton of read and react…which is why Welker is ALWAYS open.

This would be a different scenario than Lofton. When we got him, we’d already made the playoffs and he truly was one of the missing pieces to get us over the hump into the SB. We’re not there yet.

I see Ocho ending up in Miami or Jacksonville. They both need the attention and some receiving help too.

he'd be an interesting pick up if the bills go after him, i don't really want them to, but if they do its because they have a plan in place. i don't see him working as far as insight into the pats playbook, i guess he never really understood it.

Could look at the other way: with Welker and Gronk firmly established as the targets, how could anyone else get many balls thrown their way?

Wouldn't hurt us AT ALL to have him in for a tryout.

But look at how they've signed about 25 WRs this offseason. They clearly want something decent on the outside. They did all of that AND released Johnson? That says a lot.

I am normally against bringing in players like this, I hated the T.O. signing, but I think Ocho could really help this team, if they let him be himself. He still is probably a better receiver then anyone we have to line up on the other side from Stevie Johnson. He isn't the receiver that he was, but he still has more left then he showed in New England, but Belicheats offense kind of handcuffed him.

But look at how they've signed about 25 WRs this offseason. They clearly want something decent on the outside. They did all of that AND released Johnson? That says a lot.

Well yeah that's true, but it may just be their system and having Welker and gronk getting most of the looks. Moss performance with them really dropped off when they picked up gronk. We'll see this season, but one off year by chad certainly wouldn't make me not even give him a work out. If he can't impress relative to Donald jones. then yeah he is done lol

I think the Fins wil pick him up to be honest.

I'm bucking conventional wisdom and saying that there's a 50.50 chance that we grab him for a tryout. He doesn't seem like a Nix/Chan kinda guy, but I bet they've had serious discussions about him since last night.

Tim-