Ex-Eagles Pres. Seeking Bills Ownership

For the quotation in your post - precisely.

I'd like to avoid getting into specifics, too. I know it will be seen as a "cop-out," but I think I have provided the most important piece of information Bills' fans are seeking.

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a huge backlash against you, but I for one appreciate the info and will give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is hoping the bills find a way to stick around.... But seriously, how many stories have we heard like this before. There may be a plan, maybe not. There could be a plan to keep them in buf but after Ralph passes thing change.

The world might end in dec this year, but then again every single Armageddon date that has elapsed was wrong too.

If buffalo could just fix its economy and become a booming metropolis, none of this talk would be necessary...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a huge backlash against you, but I for one appreciate the info and will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Sure.

I don't really care / consider how certain information will be taken. If I have it on good authority particular information is true, I will spread it without implicating the source(s).

This announcement means absolutely nothing. he does have any money. He wants to join a group that buys a team. What a tool, he quits his jobs and announces he's available to be the new teams president. They are a dime a dozen around the NFL. This guy just jumped into the unemployment line and will be there for quite awhile.

I think most, at this point, particularly if they know somebody linked to the Bills organization, accept the fact that the Bills future is not as un-settled as we are lead to believe.

Why this urban myth continues to make the rounds is beyond me. Probably the same mental deficiency that keeps people passing along the myth that Obama is a Kenyan muslim. So let me say this again: The LA Rams were a huge success in LA for decades. LA often led the league in attendance. But after Carroll Rosenbloom died, his widow, who some say had him murdered, began doing that old owner thing of blackmailing one city with offers from another in order to get a new stadium at LA's expense. When that didn't work, they left the 90,000 seat Colisseum for Anaheim's 50,000 or so seats, while tucking a nice chunk of money from the Orange County citizens into Georgia's girdle. And the attendance continued to be sellouts. But Georgia and her crew tried and tried to squeeze more out of the guvmint by playing one city off against another which finally ended with one of the great deals (for an owner) of its time. And so off the Rams went to St. Louis. The only way you could say LA failed was the city refused to give in to her demands.

As to the Raiders, they initially started out with large crowds in the Colisseum. But before long, Al Davis started grumbling about the stadium, the deal, blah blah blah. When he couldn't shake down Los Angeles any further, he started making deals with other cities around the area, then reneging on them, and on and on, until he'd created a toxic mess for himself. When he couldn't squeeze the locals any longer, he ran back to Oakland (which gave him a terrific sweetheart deal). But he never again had the kinds of crowds he had in Los Angeles.

One other thing: the Raiders went out of their way in LA to attract the thug crowd -- Bloods, Crips, Hells Angels, ex-cons, and any other sociopathic subgroup you think of. By the time the Raiders fled back to Oakland, sane people no longer went near the Colisseum.

This.

I must have said this about 10 times on this subject in these forums.

Adding a bit to what you've said already. The reason the LA stadium talks have ramped up more recently is because the Coliseum signed a 10 year deal, in 2010, with USC for the football team to play their.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard some excellent news on this front today. That's all I can say because I promised my source that I wouldn't say anything specific. If I'm given permission to say something more, I'll do so. But again it's excellent news, as it stands, and reliable.

Heard some excellent news on this front today. That's all I can say because I promised my source that I wouldn't say anything specific. If I'm given permission to say something more, I'll do so. But again it's excellent news, as it stands, and reliable.

Can you tell us if it's from a Bills employee/associate or are you not allowed to say anymore?

Can you tell us if it's from a Bills employee/associate or are you not allowed to say anymore?

Out of respect to my source, I won't give any more information. I usually don't post this kind of stuff unless I'm sure of it, and if I'm wrong, I'll take my lumps. But I had to say something.

Out of respect to my source, I won't give any more information. I usually don't post this kind of stuff unless I'm sure of it, and if I'm wrong, I'll take my lumps. But I had to say something.

Well, that's good news, I guess, although I can't confirm that it's good and there's nothing to suggest it's news.

Well done.

Any idea as to a time when any of this will become apparent to the huddled masses on the wrong side of that curtain?

Sooner rather than later.

Well, that's good news, I guess, although I can't confirm that it's good and there's nothing to suggest it's news.

I know how you feel and I'd feel the same way. But it's good news.

I get being the guy with the secret, wanting to let people know you have a secret, even if you can't let them know details. I just don't get the point, other than hoping to be known later as the guy who was on the inside. I'm guessing your heart is in the right place and you want to let us all know we can rest easy? I'm not sure it actually helps, though.

Lombardi Trophy Case was built in anticipation of season?

I get being the guy with the secret, wanting to let people know you have a secret, even if you can't let them know details. I just don't get the point, other than hoping to be known later as the guy who was on the inside. I'm guessing your heart is in the right place and you want to let us all know we can rest easy? I'm not sure it actually helps, though.

Last time we had some inside news we signed Mario Williams.... Just saying