Fitzy VS Manning

G GS Comp Att Pct Yrds AVG TD INT Rating

Ryan Fitzpatrick- 2011 16 16 353 569 62.0 3,832 6.7 24 23 79.1

Eli Manning- 2010 16 16 339 539 62.9 4,002 7.4 31 25 85.3

Very similar numbers, one thing i would like to point out is Eli had an O-Line and WR core that played together all year unlike Fitzy. Eli was also injury free and had a defense that certainly helped get the ball back to the offense way more the Buffalo did. The biggest thing about these stat's is there were no Giants fans' claiming for a different QB, like some "Bills fans" are.

If our offense, more importantly our O-Line and Freddy, stays healthy Fitzy will through for over 4,000 yards this yr. I guarantee.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often said the same thing, whenever someone brought up Fitz's INTs last year I'd always say well Eli threw the most last year. Granted we're comparing a 2 time SB winner and 1st overall pick to, well, Fitz. But still I think some comparisons can be made, if nothing more that a player can have a poor year one year and have a fantastic one the next.

Edited by opfball91

I agree with all of this and have been saying this for months. Fitzys season very much resembles what Eli did just over a year ago. I'd also like to point out, just like Fitz this year, many people did not feel that Eli was a true franchise QB at that time either. When was Lee brought in to help Eli? I'm curious if Lee was reason or help for Eli's increased productivity.

Every one of Eli's #'s are better except INTs... There's a reason why his passer rating is 5 points higher. Thats no small difference.

5 points last year was the difference between Joe Flacco (80) and Colt McCoy (75)

Edited by Billsrhody

Eli apparently worked with Coach Lee between the 2010 and 2011 seasons...

Just sayin' :P

This is music to my ears. Should be everyone elses as well.

I know people are sick of hearing the Fitz vs Manning comparisons. But it is about as close as we can come as far as comparisons are concerned. Close to the same age. Close to the same ability. Close to the same statistics in 2010 Eli and 2011 Fitz. Same QB coach in those years. Close to the same as peoples expectations and hopes as a starting QB. Dispute winning the SB back in 07' (I think), Eli never proved anything, just like Fitz. He then in 2010 had a very good year for yards and wins but failed in the Int stat column. Rhe similarities are seriously eerie. I obviously can't guarantee that Fitz will have the type of year that Eli had this year but my predictions is tat he will be very close or over 4,000 yards, have close to a 2:1 TD/Int ratio amd be over 20-25TDs thrown.

This is music to my ears. Should be everyone elses as well.

I know people are sick of hearing the Fitz vs Manning comparisons. But it is about as close as we can come as far as comparisons are concerned. Close to the same age. Close to the same ability. Close to the same statistics in 2010 Eli and 2011 Fitz. Same QB coach in those years. Close to the same as peoples expectations and hopes as a starting QB. Dispute winning the SB back in 07' (I think), Eli never proved anything, just like Fitz. He then in 2010 had a very good year for yards and wins but failed in the Int stat column. Rhe similarities are seriously eerie. I obviously can't guarantee that Fitz will have the type of year that Eli had this year but my predictions is tat he will be very close or over 4,000 yards, have close to a 2:1 TD/Int ratio amd be over 20-25TDs thrown.

So with two super bowls on the line, playing against Brady. Where a pressure filled clutch play is needed, you would prefer Fitz rather than ELI?

My most negative views of Fitz were posted after last season and his comments became a thread here. They were something like this"at 5-2 we weren't sure of ourselves and felt the pressure of having to continue to win" I am paraphrasing here. I wasn't impressed by a starting NFL quarterback saying that in public. Every team and player feels pressure. At least they should be, it's what makes some players great. I felt it was more of an excuse than anything. Were not talking injuries here. Were talking the mindset of Fitz and his offensive team. Hopefully that is all in the past now.

GO BILLS!

Manning was a winner in college, he is a winner in the NFL!

Fitz, OTOH ...has played on some bad teams throughout his career. Fitz still doesn't have an O line or receiving corps comparable to what Manning has had. Lets just hope he can win with less.

Manning was a winner in college, he is a winner in the NFL!

Fitz, OTOH ...has played on some bad teams throughout his career. Fitz still doesn't have an O line or receiving corps comparable to what Manning has had. Lets just hope he can win with less.

Wasn't there talk of getting Fitz some more offensive weapons?

Well, where the :censored: are they?

I thought for sure we would have picked up Dallas Clark, Visanthe Shancoe, or at least a promising UDFA like TE Nick Provo. We didn't do any of that. Instead we got who? -Dorin Dickerson?

The guy may be talented, but he's not exactly what I had in mind.

Edited by #34fan

I thought for sure we would have picked up Dallas Clark, Visanthe Shancoe, or at least a promising UDFA like TE Nick Provo. We didn't do any of that. Instead we got who? -Dorin Dickerson?

Umm, isn't that the only thing that's important? You're falling into the trap of wanting "names" over talented prospects.

So TJ Graham and a healthy Marcus Easley aren't added weapons? Besides I can't believe you're actually upset about which UDFA's they did or didn't sign. And just because there are name guys out there, it doesn't mean they'd be any more effective than who we already have.

If everyone stays relatively healthy--well, we know there will be some injuries, they just have to be to the right guys; as in, not your stars--Fitz will have a great year. I predict, a better year than Eli or Payton this year! Yep! Better than both! More yards, more TD's, and less interceptions. :flirt:

Edited by CSBill

G GS Comp Att Pct Yrds AVG TD INT Rating

Ryan Fitzpatrick- 2011 16 16 353 569 62.0 3,832 6.7 24 23 79.1

Eli Manning- 2010 16 16 339 539 62.9 4,002 7.4 31 25 85.3

I wince when I read titles like this, and I really like Fitz and think well of him.

If the point is, just because a guy threw a lot of picks one year doesn't mean he can't improve dramatically the next year, valid point and proven over and over again.

If the point is, Fitz isn't that far off from challenging to be in the top 3rd of QB in the NFL (maybe near the bottom of the top 3rd), I think that's a valid point too.

But this isn't a game of maybe and might be, it's a game of "prove it"

Fitz has a lot of winning to do before he deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Manning, unless it's a sentence like this one.

Edited by Hopeful

Every one of Eli's #'s are better except INTs... There's a reason why his passer rating is 5 points higher. Thats no small difference.

5 points last year was the difference between Joe Flacco (80) and Colt McCoy (75)

Will Coach Lee's coaching push Fitz's rating up 5 points this year?

Did all the injuries to Fitz, FedEx, the O Line and the WR Corps cost Fitz 5 points last year?

I think the comparison to Eli is a fair one.

Let's leave Fitz out of sentences that have the word Manning in them........Really

Eli is a champ with 2 rings.........Fitz is a bumbling backup to this point who has some people excited over 5 games last year followed by INT after INT.

IMO this is just turrible.....Hate to be the Debbie Downer but Eli is moneybags mcgee on 3rd and long or short for that matter, while Fitz is anything but.

Freddy and Defense are the keys gentlemen.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Let's leave Fitz out of sentences that have the word Manning in them........Really

Eli is a champ with 2 rings.........Fitz is a bumbling backup to this point who has some people excited over 5 games last year followed by INT after INT.

IMO this is just turrible.....Hate to be the Debbie Downer but Eli is moneybags mcgee on 3rd and long or short for that matter, while Fitz is anything but.

Freddy and Defense are the keys gentlemen.

HEY!!! It's not Week 6 yet, pal!!! ;)

really? the gap between provo and dorin is not exactly what you had in mind?

Umm, isn't that the only thing that's important? You're falling into the trap of wanting "names" over talented prospects.

Agree completely! Did anyone know who Victor Cruz was before the start of last year? All he did was become Eli's main weapon and make that offense go.