Who's Your Biggest Bills Creep of All Time ??

O.K. I know it's getting to a slow time of the year & we all are looking for things to talk about & while answering another post i was inclined to ask (b/c of my answer in the other post) who might be other Bills fans biggest creep player of all time for the Bills ??

This has to be a player that has flat out screwed the Bills (in your opinion) as far as taking advantage of the team & the organization in some way shape or form ?? :wallbash:

At first glance 2 come to mind for me any way in the recent past of the Bills , those being Willis McGahee & then there is Jason Peters & i will explain why i feel these 2 are a top my list .

First - Willis - The Bills (T . Donahoe) went out on a limb & took McGahee as a first round pick , paid him first round money to sit & rehab his knee for a entire year (which no one was sure if he would come back from that horrific injury) if you saw it you all know what i mean :sick: !! But then i will at least give him that when he did come back he did justify the pick !

But then he showed his Miami attitude & raising it's ugly head in our little blue collar Buffalo city & proved that he was not the Bills type of player that fit the mold of this team . At least Marshawn just left via trade with out bad mouthing --- publicly any way !!

Then there is Jason "the turd" Peters - the Bills draft him as a tight end (if I'm not mistaken which i could be) & realize that his talent lies at a different position , take him under a nurturing wing and show him that his true potential lies at a different position of which he becomes one of the best at & what does he do ???

He holds out not once but 2 different seasons during OTA's & such & i for one thinks may have elongated a couple of so called injuries in a preseason to get his point across . Then when the opportunity arises rather than working out or at least going to the Bills FO & seeing if they can give a counter offer or at least one that would be of equal status he bolts for the big bucks (greed wins again) but charma has come around to bite him right in the ass !! :oops:

I know there are a few others but with that i will leave it up to the rest of you to see what your thoughts are of others & of my picks for

"The Biggest Bills Creeps of All Time"

Edited by T master

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the criteria is bolting the Bills for big bucks elsewhere? Just wanna be sure, as CREEP congers all kinds of possibilities..

Joe Cribbs left us for 'greener' pastures in another league. That effectively wiped out a contending team and we crashed to the bottom of the league soon after.

1338824460[/url]' post='2480094']

Larry Kinnebrew & Fred Smerlas...biggest Bills creeps of all-time..oh yeah, OJ and Jim Dunaway too!

OJ turned loose Nicole's 'juice' and Jim done away with his wife. But I'm not familiar with Kinnebrew and Smerlas 'creep'.. ??

Larry Kinnebrew & Fred Smerlas...biggest Bills creeps of all-time..oh yeah, OJ and Jim Dunaway too!

Care to elaborate on why you chose these guys? Besides OJ that is. :death:

We got Peters as an undrafted free agent. He was a TE and special teams demon for us that 1st year.

I’m going to go with John Butler. He got us into salary cap hell and then left us for the Chargers. I don’t want to badmouth the deceased but I’ve also heard that he was a top notch a**hole too.

So the criteria is bolting the Bills for big bucks elsewhere? Just wanna be sure, as CREEP congers all kinds of possibilities..

Joe Cribbs left us for 'greener' pastures in another league. That effectively wiped out a contending team and we crashed to the bottom of the league soon after.

OJ turned loose Nicole's 'juice' and Jim done away with his wife. But I'm not familiar with Kinnebrew and Smerlas 'creep'.. ??

Kinnebrew story is not for public consumption...Smerlas was a great player, but a real jerk off the field, when he was in Buffalo.

What makes Smerlas a "creep", in my book, is that he has done nothing but bad mouth the Bills, the Bills owner, and the city of Buffalo, as he tries to warm himself to the New England area sports scene. It pains me to say it, because he was a great player, on some of my all-time favorite Bills teams. If you have ever had the (dis)pleasure of listening to Smerlas on New England area radio, or, on his occaisional fill-ins as a weekend host on FOX Sports Radio, the guy still has a grudge against Marv Levy for letting him go, and still takes pot-shots at Buffalo and Buffalonians. He is, in my opinion, an ingrate...or, a creep. There is a big difference, IMO, in the way he treats Buffalo, as opposed to the way Willis McGahee treated Buffalo, when he was run out of town. Smerlas has said far worse things about WNY, and he is on the Bills Wall of Fame, for chissakes!

For me, the word "creep" doesn't really apply to someone whose only crime against Bills humanity is wanting to get paid their worth. So, that takes Cribbs out of "creep" contention as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Buftex

1338825081[/url]' post='2480100']

Can you enlighten me on the Cribbs situation again? I was born in 1974 so he was my favorite player, by far, growing up. I was devastated when he left us for birmingham in the usfl. Being a 8 year old when it all went down, I had no idea of what the reasons were about him leaving, except he wanted more money. What actually transpired between Cribbs and Ralph? Was Cribbs in the wrong? He was one of the best RBs in the league and he wanted to get paid, that was always my take on the matter. Sounds like it was more than that though.

Can you enlighten me on the Cribbs situation again? I was born in 1974 so he was my favorite player, by far, growing up. I was devastated when he left us for birmingham in the usfl. Being a 8 year old when it all went down, I had no idea of what the reasons were about him leaving, except he wanted more money. What actually transpired between Cribbs and Ralph? Was Cribbs in the wrong? He was one of the best RBs in the league and he wanted to get paid, that was always my take on the matter. Sounds like it was more than that though.

I know you are not directing this to me, but, essentially, Cribbs wanted the money he was worth, Mr Wilson would not give it to him, because he was under contract...so Cribbs used the only leveredge he had, and went to the new USFL, after playing out his original contract with the Bills. Chanlder81 is right, Cribbs departure put a big hole in what had been an upper echelon offense...but I contend, if Mr Wilson had done the right thing with Cribbs, as some owners (not all) would have, we would be remembering Cribbs as one of the all-time great Buffalo Bills, rather than discussing if he was a "creep" or not.

Ultimatley, Cribbs departure was bad for the Bills, and bad for Cribbs. He ended up playing, IIRC, effectively, 4 football seasons in 2 years, and was a shell of himself when he returned to the Bills, after the USFL folded. He went on to be somewhat productive as a back-up for the 49ers, but was never the same.

Edited by Buftex

Gary Anderson, deliberatly stank during pre-season so he'd get cut, then had a 22 year NFL career.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/andergar02.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Anderson_(placekicker)

Those would be my 2 choices for the 'honor'.

John Fina.

He was a first round bust.

He lead to Kelly retiring early because Kelly just got killed from the blind side as Fina was at total turnstile when whe wasn't injured.

He was a well known drunk around town in the 90's.

The coup de gras was when I ran into him at a bar in Scottsdale Az and chatted him up about Buffalo. He was hammered, could barely walk, and had two ugly drunk hags on each arm, fatter than ever and he continued to tell me in a drunken slur how crappy of a city Buffalo was. I hated him from that moment forward...Creep!

John Fina.

He was a first round bust.

He lead to Kelly retiring early because Kelly just got killed from the blind side as Fina was at total turnstile when whe wasn't injured.

He was a well known drunk around town in the 90's.

The coup de gras was when I ran into him at a bar in Scottsdale Az and chatted him up about Buffalo. He was hammered, could barely walk, and had two ugly drunk hags on each arm, fatter than ever and he continued to tell me in a drunken slur how crappy of a city Buffalo was. I hated him from that moment forward...Creep!

Good call, Fina was garbage. :thumbdown:

Drew Bledsoe. :thumbdown:

O.K. he may not have been the savior that every one thought he would be but he did nothing to flat out screw the team !! He played well as a Bill , finished his contract , didn't bad mouth the team when he left !!

So please explain why he is a creep besides your apparent dislike of him , maybe b/c he was a Patriot ??