ALLEN WRANGLERS RELEASE T.Owens

I have to say, I am surprised that no team will look at Owens. I know he is old, but last we saw, he still had some game left in him...there has to be room, somewhere, for a humbled Terrell Owens. Doesn't there?

btw- isn't he part owner of the Allen Wranglers?

I have to say, I am surprised that no team will look at Owens. I know he is old, but last we saw, he still had some game left in him...there has to be room, somewhere, for a humbled Terrell Owens. Doesn't there?

Even if he is part owner do you think his ego would get in the way of firing himself especially if he could make it part of some reality TV show?

I was just gonna ask. What did he cut himself?

I was just gonna ask. What did he cut himself?

He became extremely frustrated with his work ethic and poor attitude and felt he had to let himself go.

It was a very difficult decision, but had to be made.

< In all seriousness, I like T. O. and wish him the best >

Edited by Cville Bills

Allen, TX (Sports Network) - Upset at the shenanigans by Terrell Owens, owners of the Indoor Football League's Allen Wranglers released the former NFL wide receiver on Tuesday. His ownership stake in the team was also terminated.

Owens, who signed a contract with the IFL club in February, made it clear he had no intentions of playing in the team's upcoming crucial road games against Nebraska and Everett, according to the team.

Additionally, Owens never showed up for an appearance at a local children's hospital with other Wrangler players and coaches.

"It is difficult to look at other players on this team in the eyes and tell them that being a team player is important...that giving it your all on the field every night is our expectation, when another member of this team is not operating by these standards", said team president and co-owner Tommy Benizio. "The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for Mr. Owens was his no- show to a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital with other Wrangler players and coaches. It is not the desire of the Allen Wranglers' organization to disappoint fans by having our most notable player miss a scheduled appearance."

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/sports/story/Wranglers-owners-upset-at-T-O-WR-released/NCKKLMppxU6DEIkN8FOgRQ.cspx

I got all excited as the anticipation mounted while the page loaded to see what CGF was going to say. I had no idea what the topic was about until you explained it... :unsure:

My apology! I've asked one of the Mods to

edit the title.

Additionally, Owens never showed up for an appearance at a local children's hospital with other Wrangler players and coaches.

"It is difficult to look at other players on this team in the eyes and tell them that being a team player is important...that giving it your all on the field every night is our expectation, when another member of this team is not operating by these standards", said team president and co-owner Tommy Benizio. "The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for Mr. Owens was his no- show to a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital with other Wrangler players and coaches. It is not the desire of the Allen Wranglers' organization to disappoint fans by having our most notable player miss a scheduled appearance."

http://www.mynews3.c...EIkN8FOgRQ.cspx

This part is what disappointed me the most - I have accepted him as a goof ball and a player which craves attention but not someone who neglected team and community; he did not appear that type of player when in Buffalo.

I think the calculus is theres not enough tread left on the tires to bother trying to integrate him, and he's no longer good enough to be the key getting a team over the hump this year.

I agree the league is better off with a HOF player like TO in it, but I can see how the GMs assess it.

It's sad. What a train wreck. One of the greatest receivers of all time being fired by an indoor football league in East Bumble!@#$ Texas.

It appears this guy will never get his life on track.

Yeap and even after all the alienating behavior he still would have ended up OK if not for all the child support. Why these guys don't wear jimmy hats continues to amaze me.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

When i first heard about it, I forgot he was playing in the arena leagues. Afterwards I wondered with OTAs starting for most teams, if he did some of this to be let out of his contract and have the ability to sign on with an NFL team. He showed he can still play, maybe not as a #1, but he can still contribute and be an occasional threat out there. Guess we will see if this ends his career or if a team takes a chance on him

And I can see him being the NFL version of Kenny "Boomer Wells" Powers

thats like wolfgang puck getting fired from taco bell

Most of Puck's restaurants are in airports, so not really.

Well, this is shocking news about good guy TO. Where are all the "let's bring back TO" guys? He was our best "wrangler" while he was in Buffalo.

i'll encourage you here and discourage you on PPP :P

As far as politics I'm more a lefty loosey than a righty tighty.

Actually I'm mostly a pure libertarian but I don't like talking politics or religion.

Sports is pretty tame in comparison… less name calling.

Apparently a Wranglers coach has come forward (and will not reveal his name) saying TO was fired strictly for money reasons, and had nothing to do with his play. He claims the Wranglers are close to going bankrupt. He did miss a appearance at a children's hospital. He also Had 10 Td's in 8 games.

Now I don't know who is handling To's business affairs but he did own 50% of the team, and had a 6 figure salary. His buyout number? $50.00 yes the decimal is correctly placed on that number.

Now I don't know who is handling To's business affairs but he did own 50% of the team, and had a 6 figure salary. His buyout number? $50.00 yes the decimal is correctly placed on that number.

Distributed equally among 4 child support payments, that's $12.50 each

Apparently a Wranglers coach has come forward (and will not reveal his name) saying TO was fired strictly for money reasons, and had nothing to do with his play. He claims the Wranglers are close to going bankrupt. He did miss a appearance at a children's hospital. He also Had 10 Td's in 8 games.

He wasn't even the best receiver on his team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82990b67/article/terrell-owens-hires-new-agent-to-get-back-in-nfl?campaign=Twitter_atl_hanzus

Though it's difficult to formulate a theory how representation is to blame for his stalled NFL career, Terrell Owens has decided to cut ties with longtime agent Drew Rosenhaus and replace him with Jordan Woy.