Why are Pats the measuring stick for ALL teams?

I know they been succesful for the last 11 years, but they are hardly perfect.

1. The D has not been dominant since 2004, and was downright awful last year.

2. their drafts have either been a huge hit or huge miss. (we have 1 draft where we dont even have 1 player left from the draft.)

I mean FEW if ANY teams have what has made the patriots long term successful, and that is a HOF Coach (BB) who is able to take the garbage that BB the GM gives him and make it work amazingly well and a HOF QB in Tom Brady.

So instead of measuring yourself against the Pats (only 1 team) see how you measyure against the other 12 teams you play because even if you beat the Pats twice if you match up POORLY with 8 of the other teams you are guaranteed only a .500 season.

2. their drafts have either been a huge hit or huge miss. (we have 1 draft where we dont even have 1 player left from the draft.)

I mean FEW if ANY teams have what has made the patriots long term successful, and that is a HOF Coach (BB) who is able to take the garbage that BB the GM gives him and make it work amazingly well and a HOF QB in Tom Brady.

So instead of measuring yourself against the Pats (only 1 team) see how you measyure against the other 12 teams you play because even if you beat the Pats twice if you match up POORLY with 8 of the other teams you are guaranteed only a .500 season.

Well, since that hasn't been remotely close to happening for the past dozen or so years I think your point isn't very timely.

Truthfully, I don't understand the purpose behind this post to begin with. The Pats* have owned the division for years. The Bills want to be where the Pats* are. I don't know they are a "measuring stick" as much as they are the team in the way of what Buffalo hopes to accomplish. The Jets, Fish, and ten other teams are there as well.

Have a great day!

Well, since that hasn't been remotely close to happening for the past dozen or so years I think your point isn't very timely.

Truthfully, I don't understand the purpose behind this post to begin with. The Pats* have owned the division for years. The Bills want to be where the Pats* are. I don't know they are a "measuring stick" as much as they are the team in the way of what Buffalo hopes to accomplish. The Jets, Fish, and ten other teams are there as well.

Have a great day!

PatsTrollNH does have a point - however, only after this season will it become clear to him and to all the chowdah-heads east of the Hudson that it's the Cheatriettes* who will be measuring themselves against the Bills for the next decade and beyond...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game...I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

All of your premises are false.

OP asks: Why are Pats* the measuring stick for ALL teams?

Answer: There NOT. Just in your mind. Why would a team that lost the last 2 superbowls they played in be a measuring stick?

the 3 they won they cheated. They lucked out on a HOF Q-back if they hadn't they would still be in suck mode like most of the

franchises history.

They are the measuring stick in the AFCE, but not for long. Enjoy your chowda today Pats fan.

Edited by Best Player Available

Not sure why people are attacking NH. He's no troll, and just made a post showing that the Pats are hardly as perfect as the "experts" say.

Anyways...

They are the measuring stick for experts and fans because they are consistently successful. I agree that it has little to do with their draft strategy, or FA signings, and probably 99% due to having Belichick and Brady.

The "experts" really have no clue on how to build a team, nor do they like going out on limbs with their own original ideas, so they just look at the consistent teams and say "Do this!".

this is now a completely qb centric league so any team that has a brady or a peyton or a brees is going to look like they know what they are doing

i cant wait until brady is finished and belicheat goes back to being a crappy sub-.500 coach

this is now a completely qb centric league so any team that has a brady or a peyton or a brees is going to look like they know what they are doing

i cant wait until brady is finished and belicheat goes back to being a crappy sub-.500 coach

Do you mean like when Brady was out for the season a few years back :rolleyes:

I completely agree with the premise of this post.

The Pats have not really been a relevant contender for about 2-3 seasons now. They are totally running on fumes as a franchise. The dynasty is clearly at an end.

The big things that stick out for me is that:

1.) they don't have and have not had a quality RB/ running game in about 4 seasons. Woodhead is benefitting from playing with Brady, and being used as a sort of gimmick player. They have no dominant running attack.

2.) They have no #1 receiver.

3.) the D has been nothing like it used to be with Harrison, Bruschi, Seymour, etc. They are porous.

Right now, they are benefitting from having Mr. Pretty Boy Brady, and their 2 headed TE menace in Gronkowski and Co.

I look for the Pats to fall even more, as LT Matt Light is retired. Mario Williams should eat up whomever is on Brady's blind side. Take away Tommy boy, and the Pats are an 7-9 team at best.

The patriots might be the best game planning team in the history of the NFL. Beleicheck is an ass but he knows football and knows how versatile players can be used to win a game.

Who is the feature back? The guy that can beat the D that week. Welker is impossible to cover effectively and Gronk is a mismatch nightmare.

Befor the last few years that had a punishing defense and were the best screen team in the league. I don't know if they have ever had elite talent, but Belicheck always has them ready to play

I completely agree with the premise of this post.

The Pats have not really been a relevant contender for about 2-3 seasons now. They are totally running on fumes as a franchise. The dynasty is clearly at an end.

Ummm, wasn't that the Patriots representing the AFC in the last super bowl? That's pretty relevant, no?

The big things that stick out for me is that:

1.) they don't have and have not had a quality RB/ running game in about 4 seasons. Woodhead is benefitting from playing with Brady, and being used as a sort of gimmick player. They have no dominant running attack.

The Pats running game includes their short passing game so they don't need a running attack in the traditional sense.

2.) They have no #1 receiver.

Well, since 2007 no receiver has more catches than Wes Welker does.

Take away Tommy boy, and the Pats are an 7-9 team at best.

The last time Brady was taken away the Pats won 11 games against just 5 losses.

To put that into perspective, the last time the Bills won 11 games was 13 years ago. To put that into further perspective, since the Jim Kelly era, the Bills have only won 11 or more games twice ..... that dates back 18 years!