Troups Redemption

When a player of Troups size that has a spinal injury (fracture) even though he is young, what are the chances of full recovery? Any Medical physicians that are Bills fan on this board that can chime in? It seems to me that it would take more than just one off season to rehab to be even close to on the field readiness. Not to mention conditioning since he couldn't do cardio for the entire off season. Once you have a player have an injury like this it would be hard to not consider him a lame horse and take him out of the race. Chris Brown wrote the article (on TBD) with the hopes of redemption for Troup but should the Bills even risk his salary for another year if he is going to sit on IR or even risk further damage or even disability if he reinjures the same spot? I dont' even know if this is possible but any physicians have a take?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-U-S-T...Probably Nix' worst high draft pick to date...Nix first draft was not very good IMO. Spiller was not a necessary pick and everyone knew Troup was a reach.

This guy is no different than John McCargo (who also had back problems) and who inexplicably stayed on the roster for years and years and never contributed anything.

This guy has become insignificant-The D-Line appears to have been effectively overhauled. Bills can dump this guy if he doesnt show anything during camp/pre-season and it wont matter.

He has a career grand total of 17 tackles, zero sacks.

B-U-S-T...Probably Nix' worst high draft pick to date...Nix first draft was not very good IMO. Spiller was not a necessary pick and everyone knew Troup was a reach.

This guy is no different than John McCargo (who also had back problems) and who inexplicably stayed on the roster for years and years and never contributed anything.

This guy has become insignificant-The D-Line appears to have been effectively overhauled. Bills can dump this guy if he doesnt show anything during camp/pre-season and it wont matter.

I still don't believe we can explicitly call the 2010 draft "Buddy's"

I think Spiller was a good pick, and the right pick as he is a different type of back than we had, and we had 2 of the same on the roster. Hence why one was moved.

But I agree with the rest of your post. I can't absolve Buddy completely, as he was the GM, and it was his call. HOWEVER, he had only been on the job a few months, and was dealing with the information given to him by a staff he fired less than a year later.

They were Buddy's picks, no doubt, but guys like Troup and Wang remind me of the Modrak type of players. Not like the Nix/Whaley picks we've seen since.

Luckily, Nix/Whaley have put us in a position where we can dump him and not set the franchise back.

I am not a doctor, and I do not play one on TV.

Nevertheless, they guy seems like a good kid and hard worker. He has had tough luck with injuries. I am still hopeful that he can contribute. The fact that we seem to have added a lot of talent to the D line can only help him - even if he is only a rotational player.

When a player of Troups size that has a spinal injury (fracture) even though he is young, what are the chances of full recovery? Any Medical physicians that are Bills fan on this board that can chime in? It seems to me that it would take more than just one off season to rehab to be even close to on the field readiness. Not to mention conditioning since he couldn't do cardio for the entire off season. Once you have a player have an injury like this it would be hard to not consider him a lame horse and take him out of the race. Chris Brown wrote the article (on TBD) with the hopes of redemption for Troup but should the Bills even risk his salary for another year if he is going to sit on IR or even risk further damage or even disability if he reinjures the same spot? I dont' even know if this is possible but any physicians have a take?

Here.

You forgot this:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Troups-redemption/c6cb3c31-2520-42d0-8f52-ca45e2bc0cf8

I think Spiller was a good pick, and the right pick as he is a different type of back than we had, and we had 2 of the same on the roster. Hence why one was moved.

But I agree with the rest of your post. I can't absolve Buddy completely, as he was the GM, and it was his call. HOWEVER, he had only been on the job a few months, and was dealing with the information given to him by a staff he fired less than a year later.

They were Buddy's picks, no doubt, but guys like Troup and Wang remind me of the Modrak type of players. Not like the Nix/Whaley picks we've seen since.

Luckily, Nix/Whaley have put us in a position where we can dump him and not set the franchise back.

Buddy Nix is the teflon man. The 2010 draft was the Bills worst in the last 5 years. Buddy was the GM, but it's not his fault? Let me guess, it's Ralph Wilson's fault.

Other than randomly throwing CJ in here I completely approve of this post. Well said.

WE'RE GOING TO MISS HIM!

Great phrase in leadership when someone just cannot get it done. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but we need someone to plug up the middle and create puch on the pocket.

I never thought he was a good fit. Given we could have had Gronkowski, or Clay Matthews, i'd say we missed on that one.

Buddy Nix is the teflon man. The 2010 draft was the Bills worst in the last 5 years. Buddy was the GM, but it's not his fault? Let me guess, it's Ralph Wilson's fault.

I'd wait until this season plays-out before declaring the 2010 draft as anything.