Weiss was coming to Buffalo in 03

Watching America's game on NFL network about patriots 03 season and Weiss talked about if they lost the Tennessee playoff game he would be the next Bills Head Coach but if not the Bills would move in another direction :blink::doh::wallbash: . Are you freaking kidding me, know wander we have sucked this past decade. We couldn't wait a few weeks to get the right guy and picked num-nuts Mularkey?! Weiss was the hottest coaching prospect at the time and he gave no indication of he didn't want the job. I really think he would have done a good job here as he did pretty good at former great but now in perennial decline Notre Dame and would have made sure we got a real QB.

Sometimes this board just makes me so glad certain people here don't actually hold NFL front office jobs!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU

i dont like it. not at all. but sadly its true

still i feel obliged to point out that since they have stopped cheating theyve won exactly zero super bowls

cant wait for brady to go into decline, and see belicheater go back to being just a surly sub-500 coach

Point well made about the Patriots* being the class of the AFC, though. But the division hasn't given them much to fear, and it's been an easy 4-5 wins for them every year.

But I'm afraid the 0-2 non-cheating Super Bowls speak volumes for how tainted the so-called dynasty of the early 2000's truly was.

THANK YOU

still i feel obliged to point out that since they have stopped cheating theyve won exactly zero super bowls

cant wait for brady to go into decline, and see belicheater go back to being just a surly sub-500 coach

Sure they haven't won any superbowls but no matter how much you hate Brady, the fact remains that he is one of the elite QBs and one of the best to ever play this game. With a less than stellar defense, he led the Pats* to the Superbowl. Credit Brady or BB, but that combo has consistently won and have had the Bills' number for the better part of the last decade. For many years now, members on this board have predicted the decline of that team only to see them go to the playoffs consistently.

Hate if you must, but there is plenty of evidence to say that Brady is one of the all-time greats.

Flame away.

Watching America's game on NFL network about patriots 03 season and Weiss talked about if they lost the Tennessee playoff game he would be the next Bills Head Coach but if not the Bills would move in another direction :blink::doh::wallbash: . Are you freaking kidding me, know wander we have sucked this past decade. We couldn't wait a few weeks to get the right guy and picked num-nuts Mularkey?! Weiss was the hottest coaching prospect at the time and he gave no indication of he didn't want the job. I really think he would have done a good job here as he did pretty good at former great but now in perennial decline Notre Dame and would have made sure we got a real QB.

And? :unsure:

What did Weiss do at Notre Dame that makes the Bills look incompetent for not choosing him?

And by "real" QB, I hope that you are not referring to....<belch>...Brady Quinn? :doh:

Waiting.... :beer:

We've seen how good Golden Boy is when HE can't cheat.

Seriously, imagine the guy without Welker...

I will forever beat the "Tom Brady is the most overrated player in NFL history drum" and there's nothing anybody can do to stop me.

What really peeves me off is how all he has to do is cry to the officials and he gets a flag against the opposing defense.

I can't wait for Super Mario to send a forearm shiver through Brady's pretty head. With LT Light retiring this year, New England is going to have a huge hole to fill on Tommy Boy's blind side.

Edited by Bruce

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use less deceptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Maybe not most overrated. But like someone mentioned without Welker and that defense the first couple years, Brady goes down as a solid starter

and moss and belichek - dont forget gronk too.

and that line

and his kicker.

if you take away his coach and 2/3 of the team he probably wouldnt look so impressive.

You're getting all bent out of shape about something that happened 9 years ago and may or may not have made any difference in the short term or the long term?

I'm not convinced Charlie Weiss is anything more than a good offensive coordinator.

problem is you wait a month and he decides to change his mind, and suddenly you are potentially stuck with option #12 instead of #2 or #3

That's OK Mularkey would have still been available.

The point really isn't getting Weiss per say but not being patient to wait for the coach you want. It's these panic decisions that have cost us over the years but it seems now that we are moving in the right direction and hopefully all this disarray is behind us.

That's OK Mularkey would have still been available.

The point really isn't getting Weiss per say but not being patient to wait for the coach you want. It's these panic decisions that have cost us over the years but it seems now that we are moving in the right direction and hopefully all this disarray is behind us.

You know this how?

You're getting all bent out of shape about something that happened 9 years ago and may or may not have made any difference in the short term or the long term?

I'm not convinced Charlie Weiss is anything more than a good offensive coordinator.

Its not that it was 9 yrs ago it was seeing it all over again fresh how this franchise has continually screwed up.

You know this how?

because I have more Hindsight than you :nana:

I think the concept of they passed on the guy they wanted because they couldn't wait a couple weeks shows some sort of incompetence. If you want the guy you can wait for the guy. Why go with someone else for the sake of time? But yeah Weiss not a huge loss.

I think the concept of they passed on the guy they wanted because they couldn't wait a couple weeks shows some sort of incompetence. If you want the guy you can wait for the guy. Why go with someone else for the sake of time? But yeah Weiss not a huge loss.

What happens then when a month later Weiss decides that he's going to stay with newengland* for another season? As was mentioned earlier, sometimes you gotta take option #2 to prevent getting stuck with option #10.

What happens then when a month later Weiss decides that he's going to stay with newengland* for another season? As was mentioned earlier, sometimes you gotta take option #2 to prevent getting stuck with option #10.

Then there's the matter of the asst coaches. Wait too long to choose the HC and the pool of available asst coaches is weak.

It's one thing to hate the QB of the dreaded NE Patriots* and quite another to deny reality.

Happens around here all the time. Won't change now, won't change later...

Then there's the matter of the asst coaches. Wait too long to choose the HC and the pool of available asst coaches is weak.

That's how you end up with George Edwards...

THANK YOU

Come on... They had the Giants beat in the first game and it was only a miracle catch that cost them the game. In the last Superbowl it was a drop. Brady should have 5 rings and unfortunately is in the discussion with Montana, Unitas, and Elway as best QB of all time. He is also in the discussion of best player of all time. Had the Patriots won I think he would be called the greatest player of all time.