Any news on Graham contract?

I was actually coming here to post a question about how you guys are interpreting the lack of a T.J. Graham deal.

I am not overly optimistic about his character for some reason, and I can't put my finger on it. I feel like he's going to be the biggest source of disappointment out of this year's draft class. Some picks may not make the team, but those will likely be late picks that we don't have great expectations of. I see T.J. being an arrogant under producer. I REALLY hope I am wrong, and if so, I will come back and post a crow eating apology.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually coming here to post a question about how you guys are interpreting the lack of a T.J. Graham deal.

I am not overly optimistic about his character for some reason, and I can't put my finger on it. I feel like he's going to be the biggest source of disappointment out of this year's draft class. Some picks may not make the team, but those will likely be late picks that we don't have great expectations of. I see T.J. being an arrogant under producer. I REALLY hope I am wrong, and if so, I will come back and post a crow eating apology.

Youre right that one interview he did where he sounded happier than a pig in **** really spoke about what an arrogant thug he is.

Relax people its May

Please try. Why do you think he's "arrogant" for instance?

Somebody upthread pointed out a recent article about agents and third round picks leaving money on the table last year. I think that's the snag. But it doesn't matter because the Bills have already committed their rookie draft pool allotment to 6 of their 7 picks. What's left in the cupboard for Graham is what's left in the cupboard for Graham.

GO BILLS!!!

Please try. Why do you think he's "arrogant" for instance?

Somebody upthread pointed out a recent article about agents and third round picks leaving money on the table last year. I think that's the snag. But it doesn't matter because the Bills have already committed their rookie draft pool allotment to 6 of their 7 picks. What's left in the cupboard for Graham is what's left in the cupboard for Graham.

GO BILLS!!!

So let me back up a bit and emphasis that I understand how little I have to go on, and am just sharing what my gut feeling is, which I acknowledge is based on nothing of substance. That's why I said I can't put my finger on it.

It is possible to have gut feelings that are right and gut feelings that are wrong. I am simply sharing my gut feeling on this guy and indicated that I would in fact stop back to eat crow in the event that he proves me wrong. Excuse me for engaging in some manner of conjecture, and asking what other people we're feeling, rather than what list of facts they have. Can't posts be about things other than fact?

ADDITIONAL THOUGHT (Edited to remove snarkiness after catching up): I'd also suggest that Graham is not happy with what is left in the cupboard for him...

Edited by BILLS_ROC

So let me back up a bit and emphasis that I understand how little I have to go on, and am just sharing what my gut feeling is, which I acknowledge is based on nothing of substance. That's why I said I can't put my finger on it.

It is possible to have gut feelings that are right and gut feelings that are wrong. I am simply sharing my gut feeling on this guy and indicated that I would in fact stop back to eat crow in the event that he proves me wrong. Excuse me for engaging in some manner of conjecture, and asking what other people we're feeling, rather than what list of facts they have. Can't posts be about things other than fact?

Sure, no problem. Gut feelings are what make this BB go 'round. I was just wondering if you had any more than a gut feeling to go on. Thanks for the clarification on the matter. No worries.

GO BILLS!!!

You'd think it was a no brainer.

Every team starts with a pre-determined amount of cash available for their draft picks.

The Bills have signed all their other picks.

All that remains is what they have to sign Graham with.

Now, Graham and his agent may not like it, but that's the reality. He either signs or re-enters next year's draft.

GO BILLS!!!

If that's really how it works out (which I've never heard of) and he re-enters next year's draft, what happens to our 3rd round pick? We're awarded it back? And how would they determine where we pick?...

We should have taken Russell Wilson QB, Graham would have been available in the sixth round and even if we didn't get him watch Wilson he's the guy that will be the Seahawk starter an pro bowler next year.

So what does the future hold for us Nostradamus?

If that's really how it works out (which I've never heard of) and he re-enters next year's draft, what happens to our 3rd round pick? We're awarded it back? And how would they determine where we pick?...

The Bills hold his draft rights at the moment. If he elects not to sign with the Bills he can re-enter the draft next year. But the Bills hold his exclusive NFL rights until that point. He can sign with a Canadian team if he wants.

Perhaps the most famous example of this is Bo Jackson who was drafted 1st overall by Tampa Bay in 1986 but he decided not to sign with them. He re-entered the draft the following year and was taken by the Raiders.

We are not given the pick back. It's gone forever.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

true story - we hold his exclusive negotiating rights until draft day 2013. then hes up for grabs. we would get no compensation. its not even remotely a possibility. it would be a crime for his agent to let that happen.

the true story is likely that they are waiting to be slotted a bit better for length or dollars, and reccomend all read the article on 3rd rounders that has been referenced repeatedly

Edited by NoSaint

true story - we hold his exclusive negotiating rights until draft day 2013. then hes up for grabs. we would get no compensation. its not even remotely a possibility. it would be a crime for his agent to let that happen.

the true story is likely that they are waiting to be slotted a bit better for length of dollars, and reccomend all read the article on 3rd rounders that has been referenced repeatedly

Considering the Bills have already spent the rest of their available draft pick allotment, isn't Graham limited by whatever the Bills have left to offer him from their predetermined rookie pool?

There just can't be much there to quibble about.

GO BILLS!!!

Considering the Bills have already spent the rest of their available draft pick allotment, isn't Graham limited by whatever the Bills have left to offer him from their predetermined rookie pool?

There just can't be much there to quibble about.

GO BILLS!!!

just because they have dollars left doesnt mean they have to spend them? and length can still be an issue?

both actual questions, not trying to be snarky.

i honestly havent really followed camps (people just go to crazy with every bobbled pass or tipped ball for me to be able to enjoy some of the mini camp action) and who is in house right now - could it be as simple as he wants to do it in person and isnt in b-lo at the moment.

Edited by NoSaint

We should have taken Russell Wilson QB, Graham would have been available in the sixth round and even if we didn't get him watch Wilson he's the guy that will be the Seahawk starter an pro bowler next year.

You better tell Brees, Rogers, Stafford,E. Manning, C. Newton, and M Ryan this news. I think they will have something to say about that.

You better tell Brees, Rogers, Stafford,E. Manning, C. Newton, and M Ryan this news. I think they will have something to say about that.

and as much as i hate them, if romo, vick, or cutler do anything resembling football next year they have pretty good shots themselves. plus that rookie RG3 will probably get some attention as long as hes not tripping over himself.

bro has some serious faith in wilson.

I was curious about TJ's contract status too and figured I would see how he compares to the other 3rd rounders.

Of the 32 third round picks, only 11 have been signed. No player picked before TJ in the third round have been signed. Linky: http://www.spotrac.com/draft-tracker/nfl/

So nothing seems to be amiss. I am guessing there is a little bit of discussion/posturing going on as to his real value-- agent probably saying he is a third round and should be paid as a top tier third rounder and the Bills saying... but, wait, he is really more of a project and while we believe in him he isn't as polished as the top tier third rounders. Pure conjecture on my part.

By the way, the Bills have kept pace with, if not are leading its AFC East peers, in signing progress. Miami only has its 6th and 7th rounders signed, Cheatriots* still need to sign one of its 1st rounders and its 3rd, and the Jests need to sign its 3rd and 7th.

I was curious about TJ's contract status too and figured I would see how he compares to the other 3rd rounders.

Of the 32 third round picks, only 11 have been signed. No player picked before TJ in the third round have been signed. Linky: http://www.spotrac.com/draft-tracker/nfl/

So nothing seems to be amiss. I am guessing there is a little bit of discussion/posturing going on as to his real value-- agent probably saying he is a third round and should be paid as a top tier third rounder and the Bills saying... but, wait, he is really more of a project and while we believe in him he isn't as polished as the top tier third rounders. Pure conjecture on my part.

By the way, the Bills have kept pace with, if not are leading its AFC East peers, in signing progress. Miami only has its 6th and 7th rounders signed, Cheatriots* still need to sign one of its 1st rounders and its 3rd, and the Jests need to sign its 3rd and 7th.

It's odd that the 3rd round has almost as many "holdout" as the 1st round. I have to believe it has something to do with that report about 3rd rounders getting shafted.

It's odd that the 3rd round has almost as many "holdout" as the 1st round. I have to believe it has something to do with that report about 3rd rounders getting shafted.

Precisely - its a new system and that's one of the areas that isn't as "slotted" yet. It's like the mid-late first where guys final year was potentially a big to do. When you transition to the next tier on length or format it takes a bit of time to sort out. It's still waaaaaay early in the year.

I do know this....as long as he is in camp on time then no worries....

If he ISN"T in camp on time.....that is not a good thing for him. They are looking at a BUNCH of WR's past Stevie this year and there is a real opportunity for him.

Yep. Considering that in the past, the Bills would have had their 3rd rounder signed just before the start of camp, whereas now they have everyone but their 3rd rounder signed before OTA's, there's still a lot of time before it becomes an issue.