What's the best Christms Gift you received?

theesir

Darlene gave me so much, there is no counting. I think, I'm hoping one of the best gifts I gave was a Bible. She grew up Southern Baptist. She decided on her own to convert to Catholic, long well before she met me. Those of you who don't understand the comittment to that, please refrain. This is definately not against anyone.

She had an old Bible, a Catholic Bible, left from the "crazy Aunt" to her sister. Sister is pretty well agnostic, wasn't hard to get the Bible. Only reason she had it, was cleaning out the house.

The cover was torn off, the pages were stained. I found someone who restored old books. a true craftsman, of the old school. I'm greatful for his skill, and his fairness on the price. He re bound it, placed it in leather...

That will always be special to me. I'm pretty sure it was special to her, too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darlene gave me so much, there is no counting. I think, I'm hoping one of the best gifts I gave was a Bible. She grew up Southern Baptist. She decided on her own to convert to Catholic, long well before she met me. Those of you who don't understand the comittment to that, please refrain. This is definately not against anyone.

She had an old Bible, a Catholic Bible, left from the "crazy Aunt" to her sister. Sister is pretty well agnostic, wasn't hard to get the Bible. Only reason she had it, was cleaning out the house.

The cover was torn off, the pages were stained. I found someone who restored old books. a true craftsman, of the old school. I'm greatful for his skill, and his fairness on the price. He re bound it, placed it in leather...

That will always be special to me.  I'm pretty sure it was special to her, too.

185582[/snapback]

Good for you Bib. You truly seem to be someone with his priorities straight. Merry Christmas!

A reunion between 2 family members that hadn't seen each other in a very long time...that I didn't think would happen...and it did.

That was my only Christmas wish and I got it :D I'll never forget it...

Happy New Year to all of you! Go Bills!!!

"My" best gift was actually watching my son tear around on his brand new Big Wheel. Man, talk about bringing back memories! (Also watching my 18 month old daughter cuddle up to her first doll.)

The early morning hummer wasn't too bad either! :ph34r:

I got an autographed Marv Levy Book and my totally favorite gift....

A bumber sticker that says "Your Hummer Looks Stupid" :ph34r:

185384[/snapback]

A diamond ring to my wife for engagement and than 20 years later a diamond necklace

My wife gave me a card, that's it...... Yet, she wrote inside that a local store will be having a 1/1/2005 blowout sale and she said a Sony 55XS955 (LCD HDTV) would like nice in our back room. Even on sale, that's in the $3 grand range.... While I'd love to have it, I'm a bit gun shy in pulling the trigger on the deal. I've visited avsforums.com quite a bit the past few days getting as many opinions on them as possible. While that's a bunch of cash, gotta love my wife. I feel a SB Party coming. 

Niether of us like the DLPs we looked at (rainbows bothered both of us). They do have a sweet Pix.

She even looked at the 50" models, but said she wants the bigger one (55").... Time will tell (in a couple days) if I will pull the trigger. (sure she said I can get one, but I'm still the one paying for it). Can't make up my mind.....Jeez.....

185446[/snapback]

I have the Samsung DLP and was concerned wife would see the rainbows she doesnt. Once in a while I will but not all the time. Plus HD DLP is cheaper than most LCD or Plasmas and to get 50 inch set LCD doesnt even have that yet.

That will always be special to me.  I'm pretty sure it was special to her, too.

185582[/snapback]

well, i got a mr. coffee

Big day for helmets!

My wife got me a full sized replica helmet autographed by Jim AND Thurman, while my father-in-law got me THREE autographed mini-helmets...Jim, Drew and Travis. And get this...the Travis helmet is autographed by him during his rookie year as #25 (remember...Henry Jones had #20 that year).

I have the Samsung DLP and was concerned wife would see the rainbows she doesnt.  Once in a while I will but not all the time.  Plus HD DLP is cheaper than most LCD or Plasmas and to get 50 inch set LCD doesnt even have that yet.

185911[/snapback]

This is Sony's LCD rear projection (approx 16" deep cabinet. In the ball park with the Sammy DLP's. Biggest pure direct view LCD is the Sammy 46" (approx $7.5K), and next is Sharp's 45" (similar in price) but with ATSC (HD) tuner, etc.

My brother and his family visiting from Australia, my son and his new wife visiting from California, my other kids here. Twenty-one people for the holiday meal. I loved every minute of it and the best part? NO GIFTS. We decided in advance that so many of the family being together was miracle enough. It was awesome to celebrate with food, laughter and games without the stress of last minute shopping.

The best gift I received this year? I don't know. I received a lot of good ones, so I'll say it's a tie between:

elephant figurine w/candle

elephant sculpture

Band of Brothers DVD set

LOTR extended version trilogy DVD set

Bills cap

Best gift I gave:

(to Psycho Ward 86) two tickets to see The Lion King on Broadway