Bills O-Line Ranked #13

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted the Steelers improved their line dramatically in the draft, but doesn't the Bills allowing the fewest sacks this past year warrant them to be in front of PIT in rankings?

Pit's line looked brutal at times this last season, even prior to their slew of O line injuries.

Pit's line looked brutal at times this last season, even prior to their slew of O line injuries.

Yep, but spent their first two picks on OL. DeCastro(OG) & Adams(OT). They have an all-pro center, and DeCastro is reputed to be spectacular, so it doesn't take too many more bodies to make it an excellent line.

edit:

On re-read, is the Pats line really that good? After losing Light to retirement and Mankins to injury (may not be ready to start the season). I feel like they're the beneficiary of Brady, much like I feel that the Saints line is a bit overrated.

Our line gets a little of that boost because of our quick throw strategy as well. It sure feels good to have a competent OL. Sure it's not dominant but it looks to get better:

Resources: Starters

1x 1st rounder - Wood

2x 2nd Rounder - Levitre, Glenn

1x 3rd Rounder - Urbik (Rinehart)

1x Undrafted - Pears

Backups:

3rd Rounder - Rinehart

4th Rounder - Hairston

Edited by Mark Long Beach

With LT still unsettled that might be a tad high, but the Bills offensive philosophy in the passing game makes a mediocre O-line appear pretty good. It would be hard to argue with their effectiveness in the running game.

End of the Bills write-up:

While this group lacks household names, its combination of continuity, athleticism, and impressive scheming makes it quietly a top O-Line.

What impressive scheming? Does anyone know to what is referring? (Our zone blocking?)

Quick passes and Fitz' ability to get rid of the ball.

We also play some games with our OL. For example we pull Levitre on some passing plays, this looks to the DL & LB as if its a running play, but in fact we're passing. It sounds vulnerable, but we seem to be able to get away with it because Levitre is so mobile and our other linemen are pretty good too.

I think I would like to see the various lines actually play a few snaps before annointing Pitt as much improved based on draft picks.

I thought Urbik was the starter and Rinehart the backup, am I flaking out?

My guess is that rotoworld is projecting that Rinehart will be the starter over Urbik.

No way Ravens have a top 20 offensive line, let alone #9. They have one great, in their prime player and that's Marshall Yanda. Birk is looking older game by game, McKinney may show up to camp weighing 500lbs, Oher hasnt panned out like everyone thought he would, and Kelechi Osemele is an unproven rookie. Ill take our line over theirs any day.

No way Ravens have a top 20 offensive line, let alone #9. They have one great, in their prime player and that's Marshall Yanda. Birk is looking older game by game, McKinney may show up to camp weighing 500lbs, Oher hasnt panned out like everyone thought he would, and Kelechi Osemele is an unproven rookie. Ill take our line over theirs any day.

I just have a feeling the Ravens are taking a step back this year. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Bengals win that division.

Pats* O-line seems like a tad bit overrated. They lost Light and Waters is getting older. Gallery is a very mediocre player who will likely be a starter for them. Soilder is a very unproven player counted on for a big role. Volmer is a very up and down player counted on to anchor the RT position. Their center position is also up in the air with Coppen and Connolly. Also Mankins tore his ACL last season can't be a good sign.

Too many mediocre players, too many unknowns, and not the best depth.