Bills O-Line Ranked #13

I think it's a pretty fair assessment. My only gripe is penciling in Rinehart as a starter. I think he stood out as a guy that really struggled last year, and Urbik is a guy who by far surpassed his expectations. He even played center before getting injured. I don't see there being much of a chance of Rinehart starting. Actually he seems like would have a hard time just making the team now that the Bills added Glenn, Sanders, and Asper (G/C) in the draft.

I agree Urbik did well - but if we are starting him we can't be 13th

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Bell received lots of accolades on this board, but the truth is that he was an adequate LT, this when healthy. And, it took him some time to not suck. Fitz and Chan helped him big time because he lacked strength. They designed an offense that was built upon quick release. Even Hairston, a 4th round LT, didn't look as bad as other horror shows we have historically lined up at this key position. But one thing Bell DID have was agility.

Glenn is the total opposite imo. His strength is beyond question. If Glenn was as agile as Bell he would have been a top 5 selection. I view him as a boom or bust type of player. We will know soon too imo. I am not totally convinced that he will start the season at LT. Are you?

Glenn can really help Spiller imo. If he can be a road grader type, this will be great because Spiller needs a bigger hole than FJ, who is great at seeing openings ala Thurman (the best ever imo in spotting openings).

Personally, I would have preferred Martin, who I viewed as a bigger, stronger Bell, and a good fit for our system. But I am obviously not the guy being paid the big bucks to decide these things. And again, Glenn has a much higher ceiling imo. I truly hope he develops into a monster LT. If he does, this team can go a long way.

Not totally, but significantly. I think Glenn will be given every shot to be the starter on opening day. I love the guy's durability and size/length. His weight will come down a bit and maybe you'll see that agility you're hoping for.