The NFL Finally Gives Us First Place in Something…..Where Were You

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a9b7f/Top-10-Comebacks-Bills-stampede-Oilers?module=HP11_content_stream

There are moments in ones life where they can recall every detail of a particular day.

An example would be when Kennedy was shot. Or perhaps 9/11.

For me it has happen only a few times. My wedding day, when President Regan was shot, 9/11, and January 3, 1993

Before anyone suggests I am trying to equate the Buffalo Bills comeback victory over the Houston Oilers to epic tragedies in time, I am not.

The reason for the post is simply because I thought it would be interesting to see where people where when this historic sporting event was going down.

Where you there? Did you leave? Could you get back in? There must be some interesting stories.

I was home alone in my glory. The neighbors could hear me screaming. It was a day I can remember so vividly that it still brings chills to my soul.

(This is my first post.... Hope I did it right. If not, forgive the novice)

Bills…… Till I Die !!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bills......Till I Die

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the stadium, sitting ( mostly standing) in section D (scoreboard endzone on the south west corner)behind a young Oiler fan and his girl friend who left the game early.

Great Day I will never forget. :thumbsup:

I had a girlfriend from Detroit, who was, of course, a Lions fan. We both were living in Chicago. She loved to give it to me about the Bills, especially after the first two Super Bowl losses. In any event, I was watching the game on tv in Chicago. She was watching in Detroit. She called me at halftime, and she was having a blast razzing me about the "choking" Bills. I had a great time calling her about an hour later after we won the game. That was an unbelievable game, probably one of the best ever. Reich was a great QB, and the rest of the team was loaded with talent.

i was in my first apt, drinking with friends. as always we fired up the super nintendo for half time. all my buddies were pissed because i turned the game back on after a couple of rounds of super street fighter 2. everyone was convinced it was a waste of time. It was a great day.

I was in the rockpile section with my Dad and Uncle. Stayed for the entire game, even when droves of fans left at half time. My Dad has always said "you wouldn't pay for a movie and then leave half way through." Which is why 97.9% of the time I won't leave a sporting event early, man did it pay off that day.

For me it has happen only a few times. My wedding day, when President Regan was shot, 9/11, and January 3, 1993

Before anyone suggests I am trying to equate the Buffalo Bills comeback victory over the Houston Oilers to epic tragedies in time, I am not.

So your wedding was an epic tragedy, huh? Bummer.

I was watching at home and nearly left to go see my gf at the time; went upstairs to pack a bag and when I came back down they had just scored the 2d TD. Obviously I didn't go anywhere.

For the comeback? I was 10 years old, watching the game in Binghamton, NY with my Dad. I was usually the pessimist, but when Andre Reed scored a TD I recall saying, "There back in it." My Dad, usually the optimist, looked at me like I was nuts. I'm now 30 and live in Pittsburgh, and still remind him of that play. Best game I've ever seen as a Bills fan.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a9b7f/Top-10-Comebacks-Bills-stampede-Oilers?module=HP11_content_stream

There are moments in ones life where they can recall every detail of a particular d

An example would be when Kennedy was shot. Or perhaps 9/11.

The reason for the post is simply because I thought it would be interesting to see where people where when this historic sporting event was going down.

Where you there? Did you leave? Could you get back in? There must be some interesting stories.

I was home alone in my glory. The neighbors could hear me screaming. It was a day I can remember so vividly that it still brings chills to my soul.

(This is my first post.... Hope I did it right. If not, forgive the novice)

Bills…… Till I Die !!!!!!!!!

CYO basketball game. Got the scores from my dad who was listening to the game on my Walkman.

I was 13 years old, at the game with my dad, sitting in section G.

Leaving early wasnt even an option as we never had before, and we certainly never considered it after that game. Although, that kinda bit us in the butt through the Rob Johnson era, lol.

Watched the game at the Lanes in Strykersville. The owner at the time used to show all of the blacked-out games (I think he eventually got busted by the NFL). My friends and I had ordered food at halftime and were thinking of leaving after we ate, and then the Bills started scoring... :thumbsup:

By the way, Boomer Esiason was either interviewed or called the game on TV. He predicted that Frank Reich had the tools, and mental fortitude to bring the Bills back. Boomer related how QB Reich had brought his Maryland team back from a similar deficit. Boomer was effusive in his praise for Reich, both before and after the comeback!

Can't remember what section, but was lower bowl , 45 yard line with wife, brother and friends. We all wanted to leave at halftime, except my stubborn wife refused to leave. So we stayed and enjoyed the ride of our lives.I still have this game on videotape. A friend in Syracuse taped it. So glad my wife was stubborn. I could barely talk the next day.Great memory.

By the way, Boomer Esiason was either interviewed or called the game on TV. He predicted that Frank Reich had the tools, and mental fortitude to bring the Bills back. Boomer related how QB Reich had brought his Maryland team back from a similar deficit. Boomer was effusive in his praise for Reich, both before and after the comeback!

He was in studio. Charlie Jones & Todd Christiansen called the game.

I was there.

That was back when my late father had tickets in a box...that first one where you come in off Lot D (I think) to the left of the back of the scoreboard as you look at it from Southwestern.

You guys, I don't have the words to properly express this, but there was some Jerk who was a guest of one of the box members who flaunted that he had bet $1,000 against the Bills and was saying how their time was done and they stink.

Seriously, just no etiquette for being a guest. He was a Jerk to his host, a Jerk to me and I think even a Jerk to the women. He was in his ballbusting glory.

...until.

Forgive me for getting my schadenfreude, but watching this guys face go blank and then in overtime time tears...I am not kidding you...tears, was just the perfect cherry on top of that cake.

Also, at the end of the 3rd quarter I went down to visit friends who had sideline seats...they left at halftime.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

i was in the car with my ex, driving home from a ski trip to vermont. listening to it on radio and pissed as hell. when they made it 35-17, something told me to swerve off the next exit and look for a bar. wound up at a bar in scranton with about 4 other people, none of whom were bills fans, but were caught up in the drama of it and rooting for them anyway. i got loaded with my new buddies and made the ex drive the rest of the way back to harrisburg. what a day.

Edited by jester43

i was in the car with my ex, driving home from a ski trip to vermont. listening to it on radio and pissed as hell. when they made it 35-17, something told me to swerve off the next exit and look for a bar. wound up at a bar in scranton with about 4 other people, none of whom were bills fans, but were caught up in the drama of it and rooting for them anyway. i got loaded with my new buddies and made the ex drive the rest of the way back to harrisburg. what a day.

Favorite of the post!! Awesome story.

I was 13 in my basement...I was the only true fan in the house, even at such an early age..the rents yelled down a few times for me to "keep it down." Ater the game, they had told me about 3 or 4 friends had stopped by, but when they told them what I was doing, none of them even came downstairs. I can remember acting out the play by play...definitely my best Bills memory.