Veteran WRS

I know its hard to imagine this offseason getting much better but lets be greedy. I still feel the team could benefit from a WR opposite Stevie. T.J. Graham looks exciting but I am not sold on going with him as our number 2. Their are some interesting options still available in free agency. Patrick Crayton and Mike Sims-Walker are my personal favorites. Also available are two risk/reward guys in Plaxico Burress and Braylon Edwards. I know they seem to be trying to stick with what the have at the postion, just wondering what and who everyone else would be interested in.

We have a ton...A TON of WRs on the roster. What is missing are names people heard of. Would you like a Victor Cruz on the Bills? A year ago the answer to the question would be "who the hell is he?" Lets see who we have.

PTR

We have a ton...A TON of WRs on the roster. What is missing are names people heard of. Would you like a Victor Cruz on the Bills? A year ago the answer to the question would be "who the hell is he?" Lets see who we have.

PTR

I agree. I think there's enough talent for someone to emerge. I also don't think it's prudent to bring in a Vet and still have unanswered questions about our young guys. Now in a year or two if we are contending for the Division or the AFC then you think more about it.

I've been banging the drum for Plaxico Burress. I think he would be a great #2 for us.

I am fine going with what we have because I like our young group, but adding Plax could really make our WR a strength

Is he the difference between winning the division or not?

PTR

I agree in seeing who we have. But the answer could be "no one." The Giants had 2 established WR's prior to the arrival of Cruze.

Personally, I'd be ok with bringing Plex in and using him only in red zone type situations. He's still great grabbing the "jump-ball." Would be awful hard to defend this red zone offense: Steve/Plex as WR, TE Chandler, Spiller AND Fred in backfield, allowing for one to roll out, or keep some LB's and other defenders at home opening up lanes for Chandler and Plex. Oh, and if VY can show his former self, throw him in there at QB from time to time to really confuse people.

I agree. I think there's enough talent for someone to emerge. I also don't think it's prudent to bring in a Vet and still have unanswered questions about our young guys. Now in a year or two if we are contending for the Division or the AFC then you think more about it.

With this defense, Fred Jackson in his prime, and our offensive weapons (minus a #2 WR) why isn't this the year we contend for the division? Fred is not going to be the same in a "year or two." Our window of opportunity is opening. Lets open it up and take advantage of it NOW!!!

Plax is ridiculously slow but his ball skills in tight situations are still second to none. His one-hander against us last year was enough to remind me of that.

I just think we don't have the luxury of keeping him as a red-zone threat.

I agree too, we're not as bad here as imagined. Both David Nelson and Donald Jones have upside yet to attain. Donald Jones in particular suffered some enough injury last year that his grade is still incomplete. He had some tough catches during the season. The two of them along w/ Graham, should give us a 2nd choice that emerges. These guys are all young and can still benefit from the experience of last season and the off-season work they weren't able to get based on last year's lock-out. We'll be better than people think...

I dont understand why people are being so damn greedy, don't you all remember the bills never adding any free agents? we add 1 high profile another 10 sack DE and VY now you all wanna get ridiculous lol... lets just see what we have. Graham, Easley, Jones, Hagan, Aiken and Dickerson, someone will produce even if its by committee. I'm sure we will be running the ball a lot anyway.

Plax is ridiculously slow but his ball skills in tight situations are still second to none. His one-hander against us last year was enough to remind me of that.

I just think we don't have the luxury of keeping him as a red-zone threat.

A red zone threat might be the weapon this offense needs.

I know its hard to imagine this offseason getting much better but lets be greedy. I still feel the team could benefit from a WR opposite Stevie. T.J. Graham looks exciting but I am not sold on going with him as our number 2. Their are some interesting options still available in free agency. Patrick Crayton and Mike Sims-Walker are my personal favorites. Also available are two risk/reward guys in Plaxico Burress and Braylon Edwards. I know they seem to be trying to stick with what the have at the postion, just wondering what and who everyone else would be interested in.

My all-time favorite Shannon Sharpe quote: "Mike Sims-Walker. The man with three first names." ...Derp!

They should have emerged last year? Although 1 came here late, One has never played a regular season down. One is a rookie,and a few flat out suck. Wide receiver and tight end still could be a concern unless someone breaks out early. I'd put my $$ on the rook.

I do agree that over the hill vets are not an answer.

They should have emerged last year? Although 1 came here late, One has never played a regular season down. One is a rookie,and a few flat out suck. Wide receiver and tight end still could be a concern unless someone breaks out early. I'd put my $$ on the rook.

I do agree that over the hill vets are not an answer.

I don't know that "they should have emerged last year". It would have been nice to have some more answers but it wasn't all because of bad play. Injuries left a ton of questions unanswered, so the questions are still there. One thing that isn't a question is that there's enough talent to feel optimistic enough that someone is going to manifest. All I'm saying is the talent is there, these guys are not bums.

TJ Graham is really, really, really fast and is good at catching the football :thumbsup:

Chan is going to mold this kid into a Jeremy Maclin type WR. He's not gonna break a lot of tackles, he's probably not going to be a very good blocker, but if he's the type of WR who could give you a 85 yard TD from a 6 yard slant route. Be excited Bills fans!! Anything we get from Easley, Hagan, Jones, Clowney....yada yada is pure gravy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nC4yMyC3Xw&feature=related

The only veteran FA worth signing at this point IMO is Dallas Clark.

I'm on board with this one! -Let's get another experienced TE for possession. Every time Fitz attempts a pass north of fifiteen yards, my heart jumps into my throat. If he was ever a deep-threat QB, he's not anymore. He could really use a guy like Clark.

Wouldn't we need to free up some cash (cut someone) to get him signed?

Edited by #34fan

I'd take Plax and Crayton.

I think we have enough talent at WR that someone will emerge but if some said you have to go all in to win this year and there is no tomorrow I'd try to get and sign Mike Wallace.

Mike Wallace is asking for Larry Fitzgerald type money.....that's why he hasn't received serious interest from any NFL teams. The Buffalo Bills certainly cannot afford him. I don't know why people still think this is an option :doh: