Will Brad Smith be cut?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that thinks smith was ever a true qb option needs there head checked. If fitz ever sat, he would have been leapfrogged by someone by the next game. He was a just in case arm. Not a guy that would ever take real snaps.

Edited by NoSaint

I think one of the three: Thiggy, Young or Smith are cut after camp. If Smith can't emerge as a #2 WR my guess is he's gone. Way too expensive to keep. Can't throw. His wildcat was pathetic. Thiggy is prob gone also with Richmond QB as "Emergency QB."

I think one of the three: Thiggy, Young or Smith are cut after camp. If Smith can't emerge as a #2 WR my guess is he's gone. Way too expensive to keep. Can't throw. His wildcat was pathetic. Thiggy is prob gone also with Richmond QB as "Emergency QB."

:wallbash:

i think he stays. i think a specialty gadget player suffers the most when the offseason is stolen. this team had to focus on getting core plays installed, not gimmicks. i think that in the end he is to talented an athlete to bag that fast.

and people need to get past UDFA qbs. these are guys that are lucky to make the practice squad. if they dress for the 53 ever, it would be a huge victory.

neither will be cut. I could honestly see the rookie kid going to PS and the bills keeping VY, Thigpen in the flock with Fitz as starter. If Fitz goes down they'd still have a backup to the backup without having the third string. This team has always had a history of valuing special teams - it's not interesting to see that we have Mark Pike = Corey McIntyre and Steve Tasker = Brad Smith types on this team - then we're going to possibly keep a 2nd kicker. Wow, I really wish the NFL would get smart, give temporary IR players and give teams more activated people for gameday. It'd cut down on injury.

the only accurate thing you stated was..... I can't find it anymore....

How many teams have a guy that returns kicks, can be used for trick punts, act as a gunner, play wide reciver, run the wild cat, and be an emergency QB?

While only using ONE roster spot.

If Buff keeps Thigpen, it's possible Smith could get cut. He'd have to beat out new guys like Aiken, Easley, Hagan and Graham to make the team strictly as a WR. His value as a KR has been greatly diminished with the new rules. I doubt Thigpen makes the team though. VY seems to take his place, not Smith's. Smith stays on as 3rd QB/WR/special teams.

His wildcat got a first down almost every time on third and short (at least the first half of the season). Just because it wasn't flashy, doesn't mean that it wasn't effective.

Could care less about him playing receiver or not

No

Smith is more valuable as a receiving option, special teams, wild cat player. its a bonus that in an extreme situation he could be your emergency qb. the bills don't consider him in the competition for the QB position. last season there were 3 qbs and smith.

His wildcat got a first down almost every time on third and short (at least the first half of the season). Just because it wasn't flashy, doesn't mean that it wasn't effective.

those conversions are among the biggest plays of the game, frankly.