Vikings' $975M stadium bill passed

Owen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cannot fathom how anyone in buffalo could complain, even if it means the taxpayers have to pony up. the stadium is fine, needs upgrades,and is more than adequate for the bills. totally glad we are not in minny's situation. now, its up to the politcos to deliver the funds and try to temper all the loudmouths who will complain about "their tax dollars"..

philly[/b]' timestamp='1336493043' post='2461083']

i cannot fathom how anyone in buffalo could complain, even if it means the taxpayers have to pony up. the stadium is fine, needs upgrades,and is more than adequate for the bills. totally glad we are not in minny's situation. now, its up to the politcos to deliver the funds and try to temper all the loudmouths who will complain about "their tax dollars"..

To quote Tonto: "who's 'we' Kemo Sabe?".

Well, this is about as short sighted a view as they come.

Let's see, where to begin? Ah yes, how about the "even if it means the taxpayers have to pony up" comment.

First of all, it's a great deal of "State" funds, not local, that are in contribution on the Minny deal.

I think I'll go out on a limb here and say most of the residence of eastern New York State don't give a dam about whether or not the Buffalo Bills remain here, given they are predominantly fans of other teams, in-particular New York City teams.

Then there is the "the stadium is fine, needs upgrades, and is more than adequate for the Bills" comment.

Let's just say for arguments sake that the state and local government's pony up, as you put it, the necessary funding to achieve those upgrades. What benefit other than keeping an NFL franchise in Western New York does the stadium actually achieve on any type of a relevant scale? Whether it be economic or otherwise.

I would have to believe a domed stadium downtown, at roughly 5.1 times the cost of the current upgrades necessary achieves multiple goals in multiple categories that extend far and reaching beyond what Rich Stadium ever did, is currently or will ever achieve.

Politicos delivering money (and my personal favorite), loudmouths who will complain about their "tax dollars".

Jeez Mr. Hitler, we tax payers would "never dream" of questioning your Authoritative view of our wallets. After all, we enjoy working ourselves to the bone and then giving "YOUR ILK" the money to spend as "YOU SEE FIT".

Just an overall bad post with no thought what so ever to any other individual or groups of individuals points of view on the subject.

:doh:

In listening to Sirius this morning,they made it sound like this is not a done deal in Minny. Even the article mentions "But he said franchise owners will find it tough to stomach an amendment that would put the team on the hook for $105 million more."

$105M in the scheme of $975M, but that's a lot of scratch coming out of Ziggy's pockets. Plus the team said they're not contributing more than $425M, this ups that number to $530M.

I hope they work it out, I had to see any city lose their NFL team!

Let's see, where to begin? Ah yes, how about the "even if it means the taxpayers have to pony up" comment.

First of all, it's a great deal of "State" funds, not local, that are in contribution on the Minny deal.

I think I'll go out on a limb here and say most of the residence of eastern New York State don't give a dam about whether or not the Buffalo Bills remain here, given they are predominantly fans of other teams, in-particular New York City teams.

Then there is the "the stadium is fine, needs upgrades, and is more than adequate for the Bills" comment.

Let's just say for arguments sake that the state and local government's pony up, as you put it, the necessary funding to achieve those upgrades. What benefit other than keeping an NFL franchise in Western New York does the stadium actually achieve on any type of a relevant scale? Whether it be economic or otherwise.

I would have to believe a domed stadium downtown, at roughly 5.1 times the cost of the current upgrades necessary achieves multiple goals in multiple categories that extend far and reaching beyond what Rich Stadium ever did, is currently or will ever achieve.

Politicos delivering money (and my personal favorite), loudmouths who will complain about their "tax dollars".

Jeez Mr. Hitler, we tax payers would "never dream" of questioning your Authoritative view of our wallets. After all, we enjoy working ourselves to the bone and then giving "YOUR ILK" the money to spend as "YOU SEE FIT".

Just an overall bad post with no thought what so ever to any other individual or groups of individuals points of view on the subject.

nice, when you have a weak argument, just name call... that cool, i will not analyze your response because im too lazy, but go ahead, talk about a domed stadium, after that, ressurect and propose a new peace bridge, perhaps bass pro.. all i know is that tax dollars are pi$$ed away on a regular basis, forgive me for being realistic..btw, i did not give a damn about citi field and a new yankee stadium, but the used "my tax money" .. you may want to cut down on the pomposity a bit..

He's a "conservative".. what do you expect? :oops:

huh???

Edited by dwight in philly

I wonder how much of every tax payers doller from western NY stays in Western NY. Just wondering. If someone has that information please post.

And as another poster pointed out, the western NY population has many times been asked to help fund projects for eastern NY.

I live in Atl so not really my place to stir it up. But have for a long time heard how western NY does not see the majority of it's tax dollars, insteand it goes down to 'the city'.

In listening to Sirius this morning,they made it sound like this is not a done deal in Minny. Even the article mentions "But he said franchise owners will find it tough to stomach an amendment that would put the team on the hook for $105 million more."

$105M in the scheme of $975M, but that's a lot of scratch coming out of Ziggy's pockets. Plus the team said they're not contributing more than $425M, this ups that number to $530M.

This is NOT a done deal. Ownership has to agree to that $105M amendment. They still need the senate to vote, and look at some of the crazy amendments they are proposing. WTF are they smoking that makes them think they can get around the league blackout rule? lol

edit: Vikings are saying that the $105M provision is "unworkable"

Edited by QCity

This is NOT a done deal. Ownership has to agree to that $105M amendment. They still need the senate to vote, and look at some of the crazy amendments they are proposing. WTF are they smoking that makes them think they can get around the league blackout rule? lol

Gotta love election year politics

I wonder how much of every tax payers doller from western NY stays in Western NY. Just wondering. If someone has that information please post.

And as another poster pointed out, the western NY population has many times been asked to help fund projects for eastern NY.

I live in Atl so not really my place to stir it up. But have for a long time heard how western NY does not see the majority of it's tax dollars, insteand it goes down to 'the city'.

While it is true that a majority of the percentage of all state taxes garnered in WNY do end up down state, it was not my intent to say that all of downstate would be opposed to it, but with projects being looked at in such a large population corridor, they almost always take precedent over WNY.

As for the actual numbers, I haven't looked it up this year, but I do know in the past decade the number is roughly 66% of state funds to the NYC corridor and the remainder of the state divides what was left over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/09/minnesotas-no-blackout-provision-may-not-be-so-crazy-after-all/

The NFL doesn’t need to carve out an exception to the blackout policy in order to allow the games played at the new stadium to be televised locally. Instead, as part of the Vikings’ contribution to the stadium construction, the team must commit to purchasing — at 34 cents on the dollar — any unsold non-premium tickets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/09/conference-committe-puts-vikings-share-at-477-million/

The Vikings previously called a $105 million increase “not workable.” In the end, the increase will be only $50 million.

The final bill also has a “clawback” provision that would give Minnesota a share of the profit arising from a sale of the team.

It’s not yet known whether the final bill preserved the no-blackout provision that the Senate added to the stadium bill.

The final bill will return to the House and Senate for up-or-down votes, with no further amendments.

I think the NFL needs to be !@#$s with the STATE of New York. This should NOT be a burden on WNY. And I do feel owners should pay at least half of all stadiums and upgrades so Ralph needs to pony up 100 mill of it.

Gotta love election year politics

fixed that

I think the NFL needs to be !@#$s with the STATE of New York. This should NOT be a burden on WNY. And I do feel owners should pay at least half of all stadiums and upgrades so Ralph needs to pony up 100 mill of it.

If it makes you feel better, think of all the Jets and Giants fans downstate and NYC based that will be taxed for our WNY stadium upgrades.