Ryan yes

Bree's yes

Freeman no

Smith no

Bradford ehh nah

T Jackson no

11 yes

20 no

Went all the way with it. Based my answers on planning for the next 3 years. Turned out pretty much where I see him, upper-average. I think we can win with him. Even in the playoffs. Not sure about a super bowl but anything is possible if the team comes together.

Edited by DrDareustein

this shows a complete lack of knowledge of the game or any understanding how it's played

:w00t: LOL! Sure, but in my defense...

"HELLO?!!! -You play to win the game!"

-Herm Edwards

Edited by #34fan

He won the first game against the Pats since 2003.

:lol: ... you're joking right :unsure:

Why is this post even up?!?!?! Fitz deserves another year of starting. He showed some glimpses of greatness and he is a natural leader. He doesn't have all the natural talent but does have some intangibles that I like. He deserves to lead one more time with a defense that can actually keep the offense on the field and see what he can do!!!!!

Yawn, really? our defense has nothing to do with the defenses Fitz faces.

Schaub is just like fitz so I'd say no to him.... Neither 1 is elite only difference is Matt is surrounded by talent so he looks better.

I am a Fitzpatrick backer...but Schaub is a bit more accurate than Fitz, and has a much stronger arm...it isn't even close. Schaub may have one of the strongest arms in the NFL...

I think we all realize, Fitz doesn't have the strongest arm. Maybe it was the rib injury, but he can compensate for his lack of arm strength by throwing a more accurate ball...and mastering reading opposing defenses. It is that later category that gives me hope he can still show improvement. just as Fitz needs better talent around him to excel, he could help his receivers some by throwing fewer uncatchable balls.

We have seen that Fitz can be good...I think he can still improve...and I think he will. Still not worried about the QB position for 2012.

That isn't to say there is no other QB in the conference I would rather have...

Edited by Buftex

Brady yes

Sanchez no

Tannehill no

Weeden no

Flacco no

Big Ben yes

Dalton maybe

Schaub no

Luck yes

Hasselback no

Gabbert no

Manning yes

Palmer no

Rivers yes

Cassell no

I've got ....

5 yes

9 no

1 undecided

Fitz is as good as Flacco and may be better with a full year under his belt, a good D, a healthy body, and a good O line. Schaub--funny. The team played well without him. Shows what a good team can do for an average QB.

Sometimes, the grass is green on your own side. As Bills fans who've endured 10 years of slop, we're programmed to not see it.

You don't need to believe me, I don't care. These are my opinions, which I'm entitled to. I'm not going to dissect and debate each choice with you. But I will object to your silly attempt of an objective measure of "makes no sense". In that "sense" how is it rational to choose a QB whose been around a while, with suspect arm strength and accuracy issues, who led the league in picks last year while taking his team to a 6&10 record? In that "sense" it could be argued he shouldn't be taken over anyone.

I'm just happy as heck guys like you have no authority over what transpires at OBD I'm also happy that the people that do run things at OBD recognize that Fitz will play good enough to win when he has enough support around him. Even the owner knows and understands the current QB situation. He stated we need to get him some runners, some WR's and a TE that can stay healthy, and he will be fine.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion about the QB. Just try and comprehend its a team game, and the QB position is only one part of it. You honestly think other QB's in this league could have even survived that 2010 season behind center of the Buffalo Bills like Fitz did? Perhaps maybe Michael Vick..oh wait he was injured and missed games playing behind some all pro players on his O line. How many all pro's on that Buffalo Bills offense the last few years?

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick a "franchise" QB? No, not the way Chan Gailey worked him the second half of last season.The other team gets an early lead and all Chan can do is call shotgun, empty backfield pass plays right into the teeth of the defense. Then think about how bad the defense has been the last two years under George Edwards. Think about the lack of talent at WR besides SJ, the lack of talent at TE. Supposedly the TE is the QB's best friend when he gets in trouble, apparently not according to Gaily who rarely calls the TE's number.

My take is that 6-10 record reflects more on the head coach then it does the QB, he is after all the man who refuses to draft a QB, and sticks with Fitz.

Just to add my 2 cents

Brady YES

Sanchez NO

Tannehill NO

Weeden NO

Flacco NO

Big Ben yes

Dalton yes

Schaub yes

Luck yes

Hasselback no

Gabbert no

Manning yes

Palmer yes

Rivers yes

Cassell no

I've got ....

8 yes

7 no

He's middle of the pack -- about what i would think.

I would trade Fitz for a fried baloney sandwich. I have ZERO feelings for the guy. I think it's definitely time for this franchise to look to the future. The guys on your list are OK, but there's some fine young quarterbacks coming in next years draft class. Chas Dodd from Rutgers is a personal favorite of mine. Landry Jones would be nice too. Matt Barkley, and Arkansas' Tyler Wilson round out the list.

No more looking back for us. -And no more drooling over 35 year old QB's who have had successful careers. Once Fitzpatrick proves once and for all, that he is career backup, we can move on to greener, and younger pastures.

Haha. Besides Barkley, your list of college QBs is awful. Talk about system QBs. But anyone is better than Fitz right? <_<

I am a Fitzpatrick backer...but Schaub is a bit more accurate than Fitz, and has a much stronger arm...it isn't even close. Schaub may have one of the strongest arms in the NFL...

I think we all realize, Fitz doesn't have the strongest arm. Maybe it was the rib injury, but he can compensate for his lack of arm strength by throwing a more accurate ball...and mastering reading opposing defenses. It is that later category that gives me hope he can still show improvement. just as Fitz needs better talent around him to excel, he could help his receivers some by throwing fewer uncatchable balls.

We have seen that Fitz can be good...I think he can still improve...and I think he will. Still not worried about the QB position for 2012.

That isn't to say there is no other QB in the conference I would rather have...

You have to go with Schaub but it's not really apples and oranges. Andre Johnson is in hte top 3 wrs in the league. We have a 7th rounder and a bunch of UDFas. Trust me, I know Fitz has his limitations but let's not pretend like he has elite talent around him. He has probably the most unheralded and pedigreed wrs in the league.

Brady YES

Sanchez NO

Tannehill Reluctant yes, I think we have seen Fitzs ceiling and Tannehill is a rookie.

Weeden No, Same age as Fitz and Fitz has performed adequately on the pro level.

Flacco Yes

Big Ben yes

Dalton yes

Schaub yes

Luck yes

Hasselback no

Gabbert no

Manning yes

Palmer yes

Rivers yes

Cassell no

10 Yes, 5 No. I believe Fitz is in the 14-18 range of starting QB's in the NFL now. There was no viable upgrade available therefore there was nothing the FO could do. I think brining in Cousins or Wilson via the draft would have been good but it didn't happen. In Fitzy we trust for one more year.

Haha. Besides Barkley, your list of college QBs is awful. Talk about system QBs. But anyone is better than Fitz right? <_<

You have to go with Schaub but it's not really apples and oranges. Andre Johnson is in hte top 3 wrs in the league. We have a 7th rounder and a bunch of UDFas. Trust me, I know Fitz has his limitations but let's not pretend like he has elite talent around him. He has probably the most unheralded and pedigreed wrs in the league.

Well, it goes both ways...Andre Johnson was a good receiver, until Matt Schaub came to Houston, he became an elite reciever.

I am not really trying to knock Fitzpatrick, but I honestly think the person making the point that the only difference between Schaub and Fitz is the talent around them, is just a little off...Schaub is more accurate, and has a substantially stronger arm. Big difference for an Andre Johnson type to have to adjust to catch every ball, as opposed to catching them in stride...

Well, it goes both ways...Andre Johnson was a good receiver, until Matt Schaub came to Houston, he became an elite reciever.

I am not really trying to knock Fitzpatrick, but I honestly think the person making the point that the only difference between Schaub and Fitz is the talent around them, is just a little off...Schaub is more accurate, and has a substantially stronger arm. Big difference for an Andre Johnson type to have to adjust to catch every ball, as opposed to catching them in stride...

I think Schaub is better but let's get real here. Johnson was the 3rd overall pick. Our highest drafted receiver is a 7th rounder who had like 200 yards prior to Fitz. Fitz doesn't throw the best deep ball in the world, but if he was throwing to Andre Johnson instead of a UDFA from Youngstown State, more than 50% of them would be caught. This is the reason I wanted Floyd. What Qb would light up the NFl with our receivers? Nelson was a 4th option in college and he was our 2nd leading wr.

I have my reasons for each, just my opinions:

Brady NOPE (dont want someone that bashes the city of Buffalo every chance he gets, and he clearly wouldn't want to be here)

Sanchez No (Most overrated QB in the League)

Tannehill No (Hasn't proved a darn thing)

Weeden No (Hasn't proved a darn thing)

Flacco YES (Would take Flacco in a heartbeat)

Big Ben No (I don't like a rapist)

Dalton No (I don't think you would improve with him, Fitz has good grasp with offensive and chemistry with receivers)

Schaub No (Injury prone)

Luck YES (Could be a star)

Hasselback No (Getting old, and very similar to Fitz, but Fitz has better chemistry with the team/offense)

Gabbert No (Very Inconsistent

Manning No (TOUGH call but end of career, coming off major surgery. I dont think he will be the same. If not for injury, this would be a "HELL YES")

Palmer No (Maybe 4 years ago)

Rivers YES (Ive always loved Rivers

Cassell No (I think an overrated QB)

3 Yes

Again, the Marino thing was a joke. I know I'm not funny, but I didn't think I was so obtuse. :bag:

Perhaps another month in the hole to think about it will help. Or am I being obtuse?

I'm just happy as heck guys like you have no authority over what transpires at OBD I'm also happy that the people that do run things at OBD recognize that Fitz will play good enough to win when he has enough support around him. Even the owner knows and understands the current QB situation. He stated we need to get him some runners, some WR's and a TE that can stay healthy, and he will be fine.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion about the QB. Just try and comprehend its a team game, and the QB position is only one part of it. You honestly think other QB's in this league could have even survived that 2010 season behind center of the Buffalo Bills like Fitz did? Perhaps maybe Michael Vick..oh wait he was injured and missed games playing behind some all pro players on his O line. How many all pro's on that Buffalo Bills offense the last few years?

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick a "franchise" QB? No, not the way Chan Gailey worked him the second half of last season.The other team gets an early lead and all Chan can do is call shotgun, empty backfield pass plays right into the teeth of the defense. Then think about how bad the defense has been the last two years under George Edwards. Think about the lack of talent at WR besides SJ, the lack of talent at TE. Supposedly the TE is the QB's best friend when he gets in trouble, apparently not according to Gaily who rarely calls the TE's number.

My take is that 6-10 record reflects more on the head coach then it does the QB, he is after all the man who refuses to draft a QB, and sticks with Fitz.

So who would you have drafted this season?

Brady YES

Sanchez NO

Tannehill Reluctant yes, I think we have seen Fitzs ceiling and Tannehill is a rookie.

Weeden No, Same age as Fitz and Fitz has performed adequately on the pro level.

Flacco Yes

Big Ben yes

Dalton yes

Schaub yes

Luck yes

Hasselback no

Gabbert no

Manning yes

Palmer yes

Rivers yes

Cassell no

10 Yes, 5 No. I believe Fitz is in the 14-18 range of starting QB's in the NFL now. There was no viable upgrade available therefore there was nothing the FO could do. I think brining in Cousins or Wilson via the draft would have been good but it didn't happen. In Fitzy we trust for one more year.

Id take any highly drafted qb (rds 1 or 2) because as you say we've seen fitz and have good sense of his ceiling. Which is mediocre, and mediocre QBs dont win rings that's why a rookie with an unknown and potentially high ceiling is the call.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I would trade Fitz for a fried baloney sandwich. I have ZERO feelings for the guy. I think it's definitely time for this franchise to look to the future. The guys on your list are OK, but there's some fine young quarterbacks coming in next years draft class. Chas Dodd from Rutgers is a personal favorite of mine. Landry Jones would be nice too. Matt Barkley, and Arkansas' Tyler Wilson round out the list.

No more looking back for us. -And no more drooling over 35 year old QB's who have had successful careers. Once Fitzpatrick proves once and for all, that he is career backup, we can move on to greener, and younger pastures.

There is some one else that believes fitzmoney is a career back up. I salute you

Your definition of "moderate success as an NFL starter" is a career record of 18 wins 32 loses and 1 tie in 51 games as a starting QB (that's 3.25 seasons)? That's a winning percentage of 35% with zero playoff births, a sub 60% completion percentage and a career TD to INT ratio of nearly 1:1.

That qualifies as moderate success? :blink:

God, you truly ARE a Bills fan.

So tell me, Big Guy. How do you define "moderate success" for an NFL QB? Or do you only take shots?

Common sense points which appear to require re-stating :

-W-L record is not a great metric of QB success, because football is a team sport and W-L record has a lot to do with the team

-Ditto playoff berths

-If you'll clamber down off your tall steed and amble over here to the stats, ~1/3 of the QB in the league routinely have <60% completions (pretty consistent year after year), including 7/12 of the QB in this year's playoffs.

Over the 3 years Fitz has played significant games, his completion percentage is climbing steadily: 56% (2009), 58% (2010), 62% (2011).

There are plenty of high-round draft choice QBs starting in the NFL with stats that are no better, or worse than Fitz - TD to INT ratio included in some cases. Sanchez, Smith, Cassel, Bradford are 4 that come quickly to mind. They aren't busts, they aren't getting benched, they aren't lighting the world on fire - they're more or less doing sufficient that in keeping with a quality team around them, they can win - in other words, they're having MODERATE SUCCESS as NFL QBs. Some of them may develop into high-quality NFL QB with successful careers, some of them won't

EDIT: upon reflection, I really think this is a "glass half full, glass half empty" semantic kind of thing. One man's "moderate success" is another man's "mediocre", where "mediocre" is any QB who isn't setting the NFL on fire OR whose team isn't winning (regardless of how "moderate" the QB is).

Edited by Hopeful

Id take any highly drafted qb (rds 1 or 2) because as you say we've seen fitz and have good sense of his ceiling. Which is mediocre, and mediocre QBs dont win rings that's why a rookie with an unknown and potentially high ceiling is the call.

Over the last 10 years (2000-2010) there have been 40 QB drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Of those, approximately 26 have similar stats to Fitz or are outright busts. 14 are stars or would be widely-agreed to be good, quality QB.

So basically, you'd take 2 out of 3 odds of doing no better or worse, over a guy who has shown he can play in the NFL, in the hope that 1 out of 3 times you'd do better.

Some statisticians would drill deeper and look for factors that influence the odds, such as number of games played in college, etc. and say these QB draftees you lust for, the odds don't favor them so it's probably less than 1 in 3 chance of success.

Do you play poker?

So tell me, Big Guy. How do you define "moderate success" for an NFL QB? Or do you only take shots?

Common sense points which appear to require re-stating :

-W-L record is not a great metric of QB success, because football is a team sport and W-L record has a lot to do with the team

-Ditto playoff berths

-If you'll clamber down off your tall steed and amble over here to the stats, ~1/3 of the QB in the league routinely have <60% completions (pretty consistent year after year), including 7/12 of the QB in this year's playoffs.

Over the 3 years Fitz has played significant games, his completion percentage is climbing steadily: 56% (2009), 58% (2010), 62% (2011).

There are plenty of high-round draft choice QBs starting in the NFL with stats that are no better, or worse than Fitz - TD to INT ratio included in some cases. Sanchez, Smith, Cassel, Bradford are 4 that come quickly to mind. They aren't busts, they aren't getting benched, they aren't lighting the world on fire - they're more or less doing sufficient that in keeping with a quality team around them, they can win - in other words, they're having MODERATE SUCCESS as NFL QBs. Some of them may develop into high-quality NFL QB with successful careers, some of them won't

So, by your definition, because Fitz sucks as badly as those you mentioned that's ok? That's some effed up logic. Let's play the game differently. You are a fan of those four teams. Do you trade for Fitz? Didn't think so.