Is it getting dusty in here?

I've done some of his workouts before, they're no joke!

I'm considering getting into an almost strictly Yoga workout regimen due to serious pain in my shoulders and knees due to my career. It's a tough mental transition though since I used to do such intense workouts. Even though "power" type yoga workouts are great cardio and strength, it's still tough to convince myself I can get by with just that. In the meantime, my joints hurt more than ever and I've been gaining weight due to all the downtime in my workouts waiting for pain to go away. I'm sure I'll get to these sooner or later.

Is yoga really that effective? I have never tried it but i need to do something and struggle with the drive to do it on my own...there are yoga studios around me. Probably less of a strict financial burden than a gym and it would be in a group setting...

No problem, it really spoke to me - "whatever your excuse is, stop believing it" :thumbsup:

Mine's not an excuse. I just know that everyone here expects me to have some whitty comments to every post. I can't give that up for exercise.

Is yoga really that effective? I have never tried it but i need to do something and struggle with the drive to do it on my own...there are yoga studios around me. Probably less of a strict financial burden than a gym and it would be in a group setting...

You will be absolutely embarrassed by how difficult it is - the instructors and regulars make it look so easy but it's ridiculously hard.

You will be absolutely embarrassed by how difficult it is - the instructors and regulars make it look so easy but it's ridiculously hard.

Pilaties also. I bought a DVD and watched it before attempting it and thought it would be easy. First time, had to pause it halfway through and take a rest.

Awesome video! Love stuff like this that restores faith in humanity, while most of the internet tries to destroy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

But while youre being embarrassed, you get to watch a bunch of girls stretch and pose. Makes it a little easier to get through. Just be careful, farting and yoga go hand in hand. Dont rip one while you're smiling at a cutie! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDareustein

Say what you want about Coldplay (and I always do) but that is one evocative melody

"Clocks" is one of my all-time faves, I love the whole X&Y album, and like some songs from the albums after. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Edited by Doc

I'm a believer of yoga as well. I go 3 days a week during the crappy weather months and 1 / 2 when the weather is nice. It has helped my lower back and tightness in the hamstring area tremendously. Very little aches and pains after a 50 mile bike ride or an afternoon in the yard / garden. The worse thing you can do as you get older is stop moving. I intend to practice as long as I can. Plently of good free podcasts on iTunes. But, go to a class to understand the why behind the what.

Want to really test yourself, try the hot or Bikram yoga.

It is also good for your mental well being.

Edited by BuffaloBud