Is it getting dusty in here?

what's the best way for an achy, fat, old guy who's never even attempted yoga to start? is it a home video? is it a class? is there a 'style' of yoga that is best to start with(i know you mentioned bikram). I am looking at that diamond dallas page video to see if it's something i can do(more importantly stick with). Any feedback, advice would be greatly apprectiated

I'm a believer of yoga as well. I go 3 days a week during the crappy weather months and 1 / 2 when the weather is nice. It has helped my lower back and tightness in the hamstring area tremendously. Very little aches and pains after a 50 mile bike ride or an afternoon in the yard / garden. The worse thing you can do as you get older is stop moving. I intend to practice as long as I can. Plently of good free podcasts on iTunes. But, go to a class to understand the why behind the what.

Want to really test yourself, try the hot or Bikram yoga.

It is also good for your mental well being.

what's the best way for an achy, fat, old guy who's never even attempted yoga to start? is it a home video? is it a class? is there a 'style' of yoga that is best to start with(i know you mentioned bikram). I am looking at that diamond dallas page video to see if it's something i can do(more importantly stick with). Any feedback, advice would be greatly apprectiated

Go to a local yoga studio and talk to them. They'll put you in a class that's suitable for your ability (or lack of). You don't want to do it at home to start because you're not going to do it correctly and you may hurt yourself.

Awesome video! Love stuff like this that restores faith in humanity, while most of the internet tries to destroy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

But while youre being embarrassed, you get to watch a bunch of girls stretch and pose. Makes it a little easier to get through. Just be careful, farting and yoga go hand in hand. Dont rip one while you're smiling at a cutie! :thumbsup:

Thats one reason why I don't even bother attempting it. That and I don't think anyone wants to see me in spandex stretching

Go to a local yoga studio and talk to them. They'll put you in a class that's suitable for your ability (or lack of). You don't want to do it at home to start because you're not going to do it correctly and you may hurt yourself.

That. Check your Groupon listings. I see deals a number of times each quarter for different studios.