Still not confident in WR depth

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you bring in if you had the choice?

• TO
    • Braylon Edwards
    • Plaxico Burress
    • Jacoby Jones
    • Jabar Gaffney

I'm still concerned about the overall lack of impact at WR and how it affects Fitz and the offense. I don't know much about Graham but I'm not expecting that much out of him this year. Easley looked great but he's yet to log an NFL catch. Jones and Nelson are not #2s and I love Stevie but he's he's more of a mid tier 1 IMO.

TO, Plax, Braylon, Gaffney and JJ all have red flags that would come with bringing them in. However, out of all of those guys I would love to see TO comeback to Buffalo. He likes Fitz, he's familiar with Buffalo, he has a ton to prove and no one will out work him. Sign him to an incentive laden deal that allows you to cut bait with him at anytime. Fitz needs weapons and a 6-3 WR would help out a lot.

What say you?

Edited by John Cocktosten

Of those four I would go with Plaxico Burress, I liked that he couldn't wait to get out of that ****ty New Jersey 2 lockerroom.

He still can jump and catch and would be a good compliment to Jonhson, but I'm not sure about it myself, I'm hoping D. Jones makes a huge step forward and improve upon what he did last year.

I agree with your assessment of the Bills receivers. Seems like we have one legitimate starter and a bunch of good 2nd stringers.

Yet, I'm not especially enamored with any of these FAs and wouldn't be excited to bring any of them onboard.

I'm still concerned about the overall lack of impact at WR and how it affects Fitz and the offense. I don't know much about Graham but I'm not expecting that much out of him this year. Easley looked great but he's yet to log an NFL catch. Jones and Nelson are not #2s and I love Stevie but he's he's more of a mid tier 1 IMO.

TO, Plax, Braylon and JJ all have red flags that would come with bringing them in. However, out of all of those guys I would love to see TO comeback to Buffalo. He likes Fitz, he's familiar with Buffalo, he has a ton to prove and no one will out work him. Sign him to an incentive laden deal that allows you to cut bait with him at anytime. Fitz needs weapons and a 6-3 WR would help out a lot.

What say you?

TO is on the verge of a complete mental breakdown. His ego has been pounded into the ground, he's broke and he's not getting laid. I've always liked him, even in his prima dona years.

Edwards is done..he just can stick anywhere he lands.

Don't know much, at all, about Jones.

Gaffney had a career year which, in turn, inflated his self worth. He wants too much money and may have a hard time catching on anywhere with that kind of contract demands being a 31 yr old receiver. I bet he returns to the Skins for less $$.

Burress...IMO will turn some heads this year. Come July/August, if he's still available, I'd love to pick him up.

Edited by Armchair GM

I think you should be banned for even suggesting T.O. For Petes sake the guy is or was playing arena football because nobody wanted him. Now he is going to be on the Dr. Phil show with his 3 baby mommas because he is broke. This post is a waste of bandwidth.

Edited by bmur66

TO, Plax, Braylon, Gaffney and JJ all have red flags that would come with bringing them in. However, out of all of those guys I would love to see TO comeback to Buffalo. He likes Fitz, he's familiar with Buffalo, he has a ton to prove and no one will out work him. Sign him to an incentive laden deal that allows you to cut bait with him at anytime. Fitz needs weapons and a 6-3 WR would help out a lot.

What say you?

I agree fully about the lack of proven WRs on the squad. Besides Fitz himself, WRs potentially will limit how far we go this year. Having said that, I don't think TO still has 'it'. He may have the desire and work ethic but I think age has caught up with him. Also, I cannot forget some critical drops he had in his last few games for the Bills. Hence, I am not in favor of hiring TO even if for an incentive laden contract. I don't like Edwards' selfish playing style and Gaffney's overall remaining talent (EDIT: Gaffney still produces so maybe he is not all that bad). Of all the choices, best may be Plax and JJ

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Why isn't there a None of the above option?

I chose Gaffney because he is the least toxic and he played special teams in the past.

Jones has brick hands an was given every opportunity in the world to be the guy opposite Andre Johnson. He failed time and time again. He isn't worth anyone's time.

The rest are toxic, overhyped, head cases. No No No and Never.

I'd take Owens and whatever he had left from the choices provided.

He was a model citizen while in Buffalo and had a good relationship with Fitzpatrick. He has every reason to play hard and well because he absolutely needs to.

And yes, I'd like to see him do very well not only for the Bills but himself.

even if none of those options are especially appealing... you can't like the odds of this offense performing if SJ13 goes down. maybe worse than the "#2" WR , is the lack of depth at "#1". that would be scary as we have a bunch of guys that could step up and contribute in a complimentary role, but no one remotely qualified to be a "go to" guy... even for a week or 2.

If there is talent sitting there, and they can help the team, then bring them in and see if they can compete for a job opposite of Stevie Johnson. No reason we shouldn't bring in 2 or 3 of these guys, Namely Burress, Jones and Gaffney, bring em in give em a shot...

What you are really saying is no one is hyping any WRs in our roster.

PTR

No, I'm saying that I think this team has had a phenomenal off season building depth at the positions that have been lacking for 10 years. IMO, if the Bills can stay healthy they are a legit playoff contender. The only glaring weakness that I see on this team is at WR. If Stevie goes down (which never happens :rolleyes:) who the hell is going to be Fitz's go to guy? Plus, Fitz's infirmities are well documented and a big veteran WR might help some of his issues.

No one is hyping the Bills WRs because, after SJ, none of them have done anything to prove that they deserve hype. Typical Polly response PTR.

I think you should be banned for even suggesting T.O. For Petes sake the guy is or was playing arena football because nobody wanted him. Now he is going to be on the Dr. Phil show with his 3 baby mommas because he is broke. This post is a waste of bandwidth.

I don't care who doesn't want TO. The guy is still in peak physical condition and out of all of those guys, he's a HOFer who brings it every game. 3 babies Mommas ain't scaring any team away because Janoris did that in a semester and was picked in the second round. The 49ers, who are an okay team, dusted off Moss and he's twice the degenerate that TO is. Great insight though.

I would take probably all of them over the dribble of a WR squad we have after Stevie....Nelson is an OK 3rd WR sometimes, too soon to tell about Graham...but the rest are below average (who knows if Easley ever plays a down)

but I trust Channix

Braylon Edwards. He's experienced. He's played in our division. He is a legitimate deep threat. His off-field legal problems notwithstanding, he works well with others. And, he is a bargain. We could get him for cheap and still have cap room. I like Burress also, but he is getting old- 34 or 35, I think.