Chan on Sirius this morning

Gee, thanks for reminding us we only won 6 games last season. It's only been a day since the last time. :doh:

You know the Supet Bowl Bills only won 7 games before they went on their 6 year tear. (88-94) Most teams do suck before they get better. How many years was it since the Lions went 0-16? Two? Do Lions fans sit around saying "...yeah we made the playoffs but two seasons ago we were 0-16"?

My bet is Nix is looking at Dennis Dixon for a QB.

PTR

1) Good point.

2) Dennis Dixon would be awesome as a backup pickup. Fits Chan's system perfectly, never had a shot in Pittsburgh behind the other backup QB's there.

12-4 or 13-3 this year. Other AFC East teams are in the decline (NE), imploding (NYJ), or rebuilding (MIA). There really isn't a team in the AFC that I don't think we can beat. It's been a long time since I felt this way.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Good point.

2) Dennis Dixon would be awesome as a backup pickup. Fits Chan's system perfectly, never had a shot in Pittsburgh behind the other backup QB's there.

12-4 or 13-3 this year. Other AFC East teams are in the decline (NE), imploding (NYJ), or rebuilding (MIA). There really isn't a team in the AFC that I don't think we can beat. It's been a long time since I felt this way.

If our D performs as expected we can beat anyone. We lost games last year because the D couldn't stop teams scoring 30+. Those days are over hopefully.

PTR

Seriously, some guys just can't be happy. This is year 3 or this regime, & for the first time in over a decade this organization is building from the foundation up. If you can't be excited about the way this offseason has played out so far, you really should question why you should be a fan of this team. I can't wait until the season to start.

AMEN

okay okay..."on the cusp" is a nice phrase that means you still had only 6 wins last season. Lets shut up and get on to those "special things". I'm impressed by this draft and the personnel moves to date...let's make it show in the win-loss record.

who went pee in your corn flakes.

Go piss in somebody else's cornflakes, ok? This thread isn't the place for that. Feel free to start your own.

For real... I understand the frustration with some fans for the LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG playoff drought and losing seasons. But as a "football" fan not as a Bills fan, people need to at least respect what the Bills have done in free agency and in the past two year's drafts and just sit back and relax. I'm very excited about the upcoming season but am also not expecting a super bowl run. I just want to enjoy my Sundays watching our offense on the field longer than our defense for a change. That is my realistic goal. I'm expecting a stud defense. Don't ask me about offense until I see what our WR's look like.

Seriously, some guys just can't be happy. This is year 3 or this regime, & for the first time in over a decade this organization is building from the foundation up. If you can't be excited about the way this offseason has played out so far, you really should question why you should be a fan of this team. I can't wait until the season to start.

Someday when we finally win the Superbowl, some posters will be upset if we don't repeat the next year.

If our D performs as expected we can beat anyone. We lost games last year because the D couldn't stop teams scoring 30+. Those days are over hopefully.

PTR

OR We lost games cause the offence couldn't score more then 30 later in the season.................

The olny FA QBs that I could see them going for are maybe Vince Young or Curtis Painter. Painter is still young and had a couple good games last year. There are several WRs still out there and a bunch of LBs.

Painter? IIRC he was signed by the Ravens about 1-2 weeks ago. And what did he show with the Colts last season to make you believe he is anything better then what Thigpen could be with a full offseason with the team?

okay okay..."on the cusp" is a nice phrase that means you still had only 6 wins last season. Lets shut up and get on to those "special things". I'm impressed by this draft and the personnel moves to date...let's make it show in the win-loss record.

Show me the mother!@#$ing baby!

You're right, Chan should've refused to do the interview and instead spent his time petitioning the league to start the season early.

Go piss in somebody else's cornflakes, ok? This thread isn't the place for that. Feel free to start your own.

Ease up Sparky I & II.

Amazing the improvements on both lines from when these guys took over. They actually seem to be fitting pieces together, all over the field, rather than just looking at players in a vacuum. Don't know that they'll finally have the winning record that feels like it's been 20 years since last seen here, but on paper it certainly looks like they should if they can stay healthy.

Ease up Sparky I & II.

I will absolutely not "ease up" on guys who have nothing to add other than to say, "we've been bad for a dozen years, so I don't care what anyone says until we're in the playoffs."

This thread is about a recap of Chan Gailey's interview on Sirius, with derivative thoughts about what FAs they might be talking about bringing in. There are a gazillion other threads out there for tennesseeboy and his ilk to pollute, or as I said, they can start their own and congratulate each other on how succinctly they've grasped the football situation in Buffalo.

Amen to that!

And much thanks to eball and others for posting the interview highlights.

I think Buddy and Chan did a masterful job on the draft.

I will absolutely not "ease up" on guys who have nothing to add other than to say, "we've been bad for a dozen years, so I don't care what anyone says until we're in the playoffs."

This thread is about a recap of Chan Gailey's interview on Sirius, with derivative thoughts about what FAs they might be talking about bringing in. There are a gazillion other threads out there for tennesseeboy and his ilk to pollute, or as I said, they can start their own and congratulate each other on how succinctly they've grasped the football situation in Buffalo.

Please go back and re-read what was said and then reconsider your response.

If you can't see how far off base you are then you perhaps should go start your own thread.

they can start their own and congratulate each other on how succinctly they've grasped the football situation in Buffalo.

So, you decide that it is OK for you to jump on someone else's words, but a reasoned response (mentions liking the moves, draft) is met with take your **** elsewhere?

Sorry, that isn't going to work.

My man, you are becoming the absolute worst with your one-note tune. How about providing any other insight or opinion in ANY thread other than "We only won 6 games last year!". Last year is DONE, it's over. So build a bridge and get over it.

If you can't see how far off base you are then you perhaps should go start your own thread.

So, you decide that it is OK for you to jump on someone else's words, but a reasoned response (mentions liking the moves, draft) is met with take your **** elsewhere?

Fair enough but my point is that if you can't get excited about signing the top free agent this year, signing another defensive end away from your division rival that had 10+ sacks last year, keeping all the pieces together from last year including signing your own top free agent & having a draft that by all accounts was a success & filled critical holes then maybe old tenn boy should turn in his bills fan card & go route for the dolphins.

Edited by Gordio

Thanks for sharing eball! Great post.

I think one bear Chan had to tackle when he got here was the whole locker room had a college atmosphere, of a college in a weak conference. The guys may have wanted to win, but had no idea how much work they really had to put in 6 days a week to make that happen on Sunday. Guys from the top conferences are putting in a much higher level of work in college, even if they aren't seeing the field much, and now we have a handful of guys from winning backgrounds (Merriman, Barnett, etc) who can "show what it takes" to win at the next level.

So hopefully that bear has been wrestled down.

your comment made me think of Aaron Shobel. I recall watching a video of NIX a couple months ago and someone asked him about the rumors of Shobel wanting to make a comeback. The expression of Nix's face said it all, "that lazy sob? ha!"

I get it. You don't like the way I responded. We can agree to disagree on how "off base" I am, since I'm taking into account this particular poster's history as well as the specific comments in this thread. I didn't know posters were in need of moderators running to their defense, but I don't want to be booted or anything so I'll play nice. Please excuse and forgive my castigation of tennesseeboy.

Yes, I too would like to see all of the Bills' moves translate into wins on the field. That sort of seems like a no-brainer, but I guess some people feel it needs to be said.