RD 2, Pick #41: OT Cordy Glenn - Georgia

Beerball

MAyock says the same thing.

The Bills offense isn't built on a lot of 7-step drops or time consuming routes--2.5 seconds and the ball is out. That's what these guys aren't taking into consideration. That's why Hairston could step in as a rookie and not get embarassed--and why Glenn will be an effective LOT in Buffalo.

These draft guys look at every player in a bubble, but the scheme the pick is coming into makes a big difference in their success.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"House" Ballard part 11 right tackle in the 90's, that is Cordy Glenn. Now lets go get a WR and Lt. and i'll be happy. I'm not saying its a bad pick, but we still need a left tackle. Not good againt speed rushers.

Glenn will start at LT.

"House" Ballard part 11 right tackle in the 90's, that is Cordy Glenn. Now lets go get a WR and Lt. and i'll be happy. I'm not saying its a bad pick, but we still need a left tackle. Not good againt speed rushers.

Whether you agree or not he was drafted to be our LT.

----------------------------------------------------------

To make matters worse the Jets got Stephen Hill. How can anyone cover this guy? At 6'4" he'll out jump you get the ball. And when he isn't out jumping you in the red zone he'll blow right by you with his 4.30 forty speed.

I don't know, ask everyone who played against him in college. He was great at the Combine but they tend to have a bit less press coverage there.

Floyd would have been a big mistake. He is Josh Reed v2.0

Glenn is a clone of Mike Williams. Too big at 346 lbs to move. NO feet. Watch the film on him. Speed rushers go right around him on the inside. Just like Mike Williams. Guy is around him before he even gets out of his stance. Watch and see, Glenn is another Mike WIlliams. Too fat and slow to keep up with the speed in the NFL.

Repeat after me, MIKE WILLIAMS! LOL

rueben randle just keeps slipping......would be nice to make a move, but doesn't seem to be bills style

There is no reason to move up. Randle isn't worth giving up the depth picks for.

People need to realize the rebuild will still be going into next years draft as well. We don't need to nor are we going to grab every need this draft with stud players.

There may be a surprise in the later round picks, who knows. Brady was a late rounder.

I understand the feeling to compete at an elite level now, I, along with many, many other fans lived through the late 70's and entire 80's era, so the last 10 to 12 years are nothing new to us aged fans.

Have patience, it appears to be a solid build out by Nix and company.

From baalworship over at Bills Zone - excerpt from GBN Senior Bowl report:

by Paul Guillemette, editor of Paul's Pigskin Place and GBN Special Scout with contributions from Colin Lindsay, GBN Editor and Publisher

On the other side of the line, is UGA’s Glenn, a sometime OG, sometime OT, who has shown an incredible blend of size and footwork. His massive size allows him to absorb the charge of defenders without losing his balance, while he is always leaning and bending forward, which allows him to use his massive girth and strength to great advantage. And once he absorbs the defenders first hit he is able to slide from side to side with ease. Indeed, few defenders got any penetration into the backfield when matched up against Glenn, although he did let Howard loose on a spin move early in the one-on-one drills. And given his footwork, it will be a surprise if any team at the next level would even consider moving him back inside to OG.

It's not a wise thing to jump to hasty conclusions in anything, let alone football player evaluations. But I feel pretty safe after this afternoon's practice in saying that the South has the two most imposing players in Mobile this week in Georgia OG Cordy Glenn and North Carolina DE Quinton Coples and it didn‘t appear that any of their teammates really wanted to go up against them in drills. So we suggested to South head coach Mike Shanahan that just maybe the should have the two go against each other in Wednesday‘s drills. He said to consider it a done deal.

Mike Shanahan wasn’t kidding last night when he promised that we would see more one-on-one match-ups between DE Quentin Coples and G/T Cordy Glenn, the two best players on the South team. True to his word, the two ended up facing each other on the first four snaps of the 11-on-11 session, while they also went head-to-head on a number of occasions in the one-on-one pass blocking drills. And while each had their moments, the overall decision goes to Glenn who was probably the best player on the field today. Glenn, who lined up primarily at OG the first couple of days at practice, played almost exclusively at LT today and stoned just about every DE he faced including Mel Ingram and Courtney Upshaw on more than one snap. And Glenn put the coup de grace on his performance late in the 11-on-11 session when the offense ran a sweep around his side. Glenn pulled around the TE, raced down field - guys that big are only supposed to lumber in space - and delivered a crunching block on a poor overmatched safety. . .

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

Nice! The Bills get Mayock's #25 rated player, fill their biggest need, and still the complaints roll in...

Good job Buddy!

Whoops. Congrats! You just moved up to # 1 for idiotic comments in this thread. Now you're losing interest? Man I hope I dont sit beside you at the stadium :pirate:

So now this is third person that you have accused of making an idiotic comment. You can talk football without the insults.

I love this. I also love that he said that the Bills are one of his favorite teams.

From baalworship over at Bills Zone - excerpt from GBN Senior Bowl report:

by Paul Guillemette, editor of Paul's Pigskin Place and GBN Special Scout with contributions from Colin Lindsay, GBN Editor and Publisher

On the other side of the line, is UGA’s Glenn, a sometime OG, sometime OT, who has shown an incredible blend of size and footwork. His massive size allows him to absorb the charge of defenders without losing his balance, while he is always leaning and bending forward, which allows him to use his massive girth and strength to great advantage. And once he absorbs the defenders first hit he is able to slide from side to side with ease. Indeed, few defenders got any penetration into the backfield when matched up against Glenn, although he did let Howard loose on a spin move early in the one-on-one drills. And given his footwork, it will be a surprise if any team at the next level would even consider moving him back inside to OG.

It's not a wise thing to jump to hasty conclusions in anything, let alone football player evaluations. But I feel pretty safe after this afternoon's practice in saying that the South has the two most imposing players in Mobile this week in Georgia OG Cordy Glenn and North Carolina DE Quinton Coples and it didn‘t appear that any of their teammates really wanted to go up against them in drills. So we suggested to South head coach Mike Shanahan that just maybe the should have the two go against each other in Wednesday‘s drills. He said to consider it a done deal.

Mike Shanahan wasn’t kidding last night when he promised that we would see more one-on-one match-ups between DE Quentin Coples and G/T Cordy Glenn, the two best players on the South team. True to his word, the two ended up facing each other on the first four snaps of the 11-on-11 session, while they also went head-to-head on a number of occasions in the one-on-one pass blocking drills. And while each had their moments, the overall decision goes to Glenn who was probably the best player on the field today. Glenn, who lined up primarily at OG the first couple of days at practice, played almost exclusively at LT today and stoned just about every DE he faced including Mel Ingram and Courtney Upshaw on more than one snap. And Glenn put the coup de grace on his performance late in the 11-on-11 session when the offense ran a sweep around his side. Glenn pulled around the TE, raced down field - guys that big are only supposed to lumber in space - and delivered a crunching block on a poor overmatched safety. . .

http://www.gbnreport...rbowlreport.htm

There is no reason to move up. Randle isn't worth giving up the depth picks for.

People need to realize the rebuild will still be going into next years draft as well. We don't need to nor are we going to grab every need this draft with stud players.

There may be a surprise in the later round picks, who knows. Brady was a late rounder.

I understand the feeling to compete at an elite level now, I, along with many, many other fans lived through the late 70's and entire 80's era, so the last 10 to 12 years are nothing new to us aged fans.

Have patience, it appears to be a solid build out by Nix and company.

Yes he is.

Randle is probably the best WR in this draft other than Blackmon.

He'll be a 6-8 year quality #2 WR.

I don't know, ask everyone who played against him in college. He was great at the Combine but they tend to have a bit less press coverage there.

Yeah let's ask the guys who played against him how he burned them for an average of 30 yards per catch. Did you ever hear of a receiver with a 30 yard average??? My GOD that is unheard of. He played in a run oriented offense, he hasn't even scratched his potential yet.

Edited by HornyToad

Considering this could have easily been the Bills first pick this is a big win.

+1

Yeah, some worried that this would be the first pick because concerns that Glenn couldn't play OT in the NFL. (The argument was that a starting OG wasn't worth a #10). Some others wanted this to be our 1st Rd. pick. We should all be happy to get this guy in the 2nd round, whether or not he plays Left OT. Games are won in the trenches and this guy is a force.

Glenn is a clone of Mike Williams. Too big at 346 lbs to move. NO feet. Watch the film on him. Speed rushers go right around him on the inside. Just like Mike Williams. Guy is around him before he even gets out of his stance. Watch and see, Glenn is another Mike WIlliams. Too fat and slow to keep up with the speed in the NFL.

Repeat after me, MIKE WILLIAMS! LOL

The so called experts and draft niks have Glenn as a guard or RT. They mentioned he has trouble with speed rushers. But they also say he flattens people when opening holes for the rushing game. I hope Buddy knows his stuff. Who is our OL coach?

If this was the 1st round pick of the Bills Buddy would have got fired. Everyone in the NFL would have been on the floor laughing their butts off. The Bills were the ONLY team that thought this kid was any good. Click the link and scroll down and see if you can find Cory Glenn in the Tackle rankings.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012OT.php

If you are one of those who drink the Buffalo Bills kool-aid you will believe anything.

Take a look at the rankings of the offensive tackles if you dare.