SO glad Shanahan said no to Ralph...

eball

let's not over react because the skins used "a 4th round pick" on a qb. You all act like that 4th round pick would have netted them a pro bowler.

If kirk counsins is as good as advertised, the skins will get a 1st rounder when they trade him in 2 or 3 years.

To the point about Shanahan, they guy can coach offensive football. Say what you want about him being a head coach/gm but as far as offensive football the guy is up there with the best that are currently coaching. The way he would script the first 15 or so calls at the beginning of games during the 90s was good stuff.

When the Bills lost out on Shanny I was so upset. I remember when the Bills announced they were going to hire Gailey, I almost threw up. Then after a few days, I started to warm up to the idea a bit. The more and more I thought about it, the more I started to warm up to it. Seeing him on the sideline with the playchart and always talking to the qb made me feel comfortable compared to the hands off coaches we had in he past. I wouldnt trade Gailey for Shanney at all.

Keep this in mind though, Gailey is entering into the last year of his contract. He may very well be on the hot seat.

Since when has Kirk Cousins been advertised as a first-round pick? You are acting as if Cousins was a first-round talent who slipped to the fourth round. He's a mid-round talent with no guarantee of a third-round return in a trade, let alone a first.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We as Bills fans know all too well what happens to teams that have two potential star starting QBs. The Jets and the Redskins just dialed themselves up the classic Flutie/Johnson drama for the 2012 season. Ryan and Shanahan must have some real personality issues to go out and ask for what's about to come down on them. It's like when a parent tells a child not to touch the stove because it'll burn them and they do it anyway.

The Jets are toast. We all know the movie, we saw it and thankfully it won't end well for the Jets. It will be so much fun to watch the destruction from the outside this time.

As for Shanahan, he seriously "blanked" over RGIII by adding serious rookie competition for the star rookie QB in the form of Kirk Cousins. If I'm RGIII I would no longer trust my head coach ever again with that move. Ryan and Shanahan need to get their heads examined.

We as Bills fans know all too well what happens to teams that have two potential star starting QBs. The Jets and the Redskins just dialed themselves up the classic Flutie/Johnson drama for the 2012 season. Ryan and Shanahan must have some real personality issues to go out and ask for what's about to come down on them. It's like when a parent tells a child not to touch the stove because it'll burn them and they do it anyway.

The Jets are toast. We all know the movie, we saw it and thankfully it won't end well for the Jets. It will be so much fun to watch the destruction from the outside this time.

As for Shanahan, he seriously "blanked" over RGIII by adding serious rookie competition for the star rookie QB in the form of Kirk Cousins. If I'm RGIII I would no longer trust my head coach ever again with that move. Ryan and Shanahan need to get their heads examined.

This is the funniest post of the day.

Johnson was a "star QB"? For what team?

"Serious rookie competition" between RG3 and.....a guy "in the form of Kirk Cousins"??

This is the funniest post of the day.

Johnson was a "star QB"? For what team?

"Serious rookie competition" between RG3 and.....a guy "in the form of Kirk Cousins"??

If you didn't know the definition of the word "potential" then I wouldn't have respond.

I agree, they just created a QB controversy. Stupid move on their part.

I am just shocked people are making this much uproar over a 4th round draft pick.

Are the Redskins good enough to waste a pick around 100 on a guy who won't play?

Has anyone ever gotten more mileage out of having the good fortune to coach three Hall of Famers in their prime?

The Redskins are so good they can waste a 4th round pick on a backup QB? They have no high picks for the next couple of years, and a roster that is hardly complete. The arrogance is stunning.

Anyone want to take bets on which team -- the Skins or Bills -- makes the postseason first under the respective Shanahan/Gailey regimes?

Shanahan has 11 wins in two seasons, coaching a team with some of the deepest pockets in the league. Gailey is only one win behind him, but owns the head-to-head in an embarrassing matchup last season.

Am I a homer? You bet. But I wouldn't trade rosters with the Redskins right now for anything.

:worthy:

If you didn't know the definition of the word "potential" then I wouldn't have respond.

Well, yeah--that was the funny part.

Look, it was a dumb pick because it was wasted on a rookie backup QB. Even suggesting this kid is going to challenge RG3 for the starting job is ridiculous.

The only thing that can be said about the Redskins right now is they have their franchise QB in RG3. That being said I can't wait to watch Fitz with a healthy O Line and a defense that will actually force some three and outs.

I don't know how many QBs I've seen go high in the draft and everybody says, "they've got their franchise QB for the next 10 years" and they end up sucking. About half of them.

There are only two guys I've ever seen come out where I said, "THAT guy is can't miss." Peyton and Luck.

RG3 appears to have all the tools but let's see how it translates to the pro game. He played in an incredibly simple offense in college and I can easily see him failing at the next level.

Perfectly stated, in my opinion.

I agree. The coach/GM hybrid has not worked since way back in the day when Al Davis was successful at it with the Raiders(Wayyyyyy back in the day). You have to have a checks and balances system.

The Skins may have a few holes, but I bet they contend for thier division this year.

Tim-

If by "contend" you mean they will play a balanced schedule that includes two contests apiece against their division rivals, then I agree.

I don't know how many QBs I've seen go high in the draft and everybody says, "they've got their franchise QB for the next 10 years" and they end up sucking. About half of them.

There are only two guys I've ever seen come out where I said, "THAT guy is can't miss." Peyton and Luck.

RG3 appears to have all the tools but let's see how it translates to the pro game. He played in an incredibly simple offense in college and I can easily see him failing at the next level.

You don't give up what the Redskins gave up to get RGIII -- in other words, more than anyone has EVER given up to move up in a draft -- to not commit the next 3-4 years to the guy, no matter what.