NBA Playoffs thread...

Buftex

i was watching the first half and it was just kind of blah...then i switched to the hockey game and watched that until the flyers crapped the bed in the 3rd period...i then switched back to the Sixers game and i had to keep checking to see if it wasn't a replay of a regular season game..they were up by almost 20 points....i have no clue what happened. I missed it all.... :wallbash:

:lol:

I've been there. I recorded the Sixers game so when it started to go south in the 2nd quarter I almost broke into one of my bad habits of fast-forwarding (it's a defense mechanism I've developed from watching the Bills). I'm glad I gave the 3rd quarter a shot because I would have sucked the joy out of watching it happen.

Chicago went cold. We started getting boards and running the break. There must have been 10 fast break dunks, capped off by a vicious Iguodala flush over Deng who feebly fouled him and then an alley TO Lou who got higher than I've ever seem him. Plus Turner was abusing Hamilton. It was beautiful...

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was watching the first half and it was just kind of blah...then i switched to the hockey game and watched that until the flyers crapped the bed in the 3rd period...i then switched back to the Sixers game and i had to keep checking to see if it wasn't a replay of a regular season game..they were up by almost 20 points....i have no clue what happened. I missed it all.... :wallbash:

Well, as a guy rooting for the Bulls, it was a very frustrating 15-20 minutes of basketball. The Sixers seemed to change their attack scheme and defense to which the Bulls had no answer (disclosure - I am not an expert on basketball). Once they went on something like a 12-0 run early in the second half, the Bulls just seemed to give up. Turnovers, missed shooting... The 3rd Q was a total disaster and the 4th was just a long wait to get on the bus.

:lol:

It was beautiful...

I officially hate you from here on out.

I officially hate you from here on out.

B-)

My bad...that quarter had to be especially painful considering the 2nd quarter was making people believe that maybe the Bulls could rally around Rose's injury and keep moving (they still very well might, in this series at least). The Sixers' fast start to the season made the 2nd half of the year especially rough and it was filled with quarters like that.

Once you get past the unfortunate idea that without Rose, the Bulls likely aren't championship contenders, this series is actually very cool. The teams are both well-coached, defensive powerhouses who are going to need "B" level players to step up on a nightly basis. If Chicago gets over the emotional gut-punch from Rose, I could see this going 7.

B-)

My bad...that quarter had to be especially painful considering the 2nd quarter was making people believe that maybe the Bulls could rally around Rose's injury and keep moving (they still very well might, in this series at least). The Sixers' fast start to the season made the 2nd half of the year especially rough and it was filled with quarters like that.

Once you get past the unfortunate idea that without Rose, the Bulls likely aren't championship contenders, this series is actually very cool. The teams are both well-coached, defensive powerhouses who are going to need "B" level players to step up on a nightly basis. If Chicago gets over the emotional gut-punch from Rose, I could see this going 7.

Strange thing is that Rose has been out for a lot of games this season and the Bulls have done well in them. The bench was supposed to be a strength but something the Sixers were doing totally deflated the confidence and morale of the team in the second half. I do hope the Bulls bounce back and make this competitive but even if they do beat the Sixers (big IF), they will be skewered by the Heat.

Peace.

So, the Celtics hang around, and then, dominate in the crunch, and all the db's at ESPN can talk about is how badly the game was played, and how, basically, the Hawks lost the game...I am not usually one who gives a **** about what the media says about my team (especially when I know the kicked ass, and earned another win), and I know few here like the Celtics...but if you ever watch a Celtics playoff game on ESPN, there is a very strong anti-Celtics sentiment amongst their broadcast team. I like Jeff Van Gundy, quite a bit, but he takes every chance he can to bag on the Celtics...throughout the game... the only guy who ever gives them any respect, is Magic Johnson...but what he says is normally pretty flattering to every team.

The Celtics have to be the least flashy team...Rondo has his occasional "magic" play, but they just play hard, and want to win...it doesn't get much better to me.

Honestly, I thought that Atlanta coming back, and taking the game to OT was a bad sign for Boston...but they just dominated the game in OT...made Atlanta work for everything, put all the hustle in to make sure that got loose balls...it is no secret the Celtics are not a good rebounding team, but, as a unit, they can turn it on when they need to. I love watching Ray Allen get two big rebounds in OT, and actually just grab the ball, stand still, tuck it into his gut like it was a football, and just make damn sure the ball was his...it may be simple, but it is so fundamental, and something you just don't see guys do enough of.

Okay...off my Celtics smooch-fest...Lakers/Nuggets up next...we know the Lakers will win this series, but want to see some good West Coast hoops...no blow-out!

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, I think Lebron & Wade will take over...Wade is in a bad slump...it'll be tough with bosh out, but i think Lebron still has another gear that has yet to kick in. Indiana is playing some pretty nasty defense though..that Roy Hibbard was a beast last night

PLEASE tell me the Heat are done! It's all I care about.

Good article by maybe the foremost NBA writer (and Bona grad) Adrian Woj:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as-heat--other-super-teams-show-cracks--spurs-still-rolling.html

I picked Miami over Chicago & OKC in couple 'last longer' side-bets with some friends because I was so sure they would win the whole thing. Now I'm not sure what to root for 'cause I hate them like everyone else. I am shocked by last night's game. I'd be tempted to write it off as a fluke if they were up 2-1 and got blown out, but Game 3 in 1-1 series is usually a defining game in the nba (last year's finals being an exception). Even if they get by this series I don't see them going the distance. Spurs are now officially the favorite in vegas btw.

The lakers will be done after tonight......

We had that last game down at the Thunder arena.....and gave it away (literally) at the end.......

So now they have been blown out by 30 and have lost a game they should have one......which is a spirit killer because you think you cant win.

This might be a sweep

I picked Miami over Chicago & OKC in couple 'last longer' side-bets with some friends because I was so sure they would win the whole thing. Now I'm not sure what to root for 'cause I hate them like everyone else. I am shocked by last night's game. I'd be tempted to write it off as a fluke if they were up 2-1 and got blown out, but Game 3 in 1-1 series is usually a defining game in the nba (last year's finals being an exception). Even if they get by this series I don't see them going the distance. Spurs are now officially the favorite in vegas btw.

It's funny. For all the assumptions about players declining into their mid-30's, we might just see a Spurs-Celtics Final.

The lakers will be done after tonight......

We had that last game down at the Thunder arena.....and gave it away (literally) at the end.......

So now they have been blown out by 30 and have lost a game they should have one......which is a spirit killer because you think you cant win.

This might be a sweep

It sure seems that way, but it is always hard for me to count the Lakers out, until they are really out. I know you are a big Lakers guy...does the coach get a chance to stick around next season, assuming they lose this series?

It sure seems that way, but it is always hard for me to count the Lakers out, until they are really out. I know you are a big Lakers guy...does the coach get a chance to stick around next season, assuming they lose this series?

Good luck tonight...huge game for my Sixers...if they win, we're goin' seven games...if we lose, I think it's over in five.

If the Lakers can pull out back to back wins (literally) tonight, you have to give them respect. I am one of those folks who, as I get older, has more respect for guys like Kobe, than hatred. I always want my team to beat him, but part of me kind of pulls for them, because you realize his days are numbered...and you start to appreciate how many great moments he has given you over the years, as a fan of the NBA. Felt the same about Elway and Favre too...never Marino though! :P

I will never be a Lakers fan, but I am not a hater either...I suspect, I will come around to LeBron at some point too...I remember just hating Shaq at one time...but it was when he, and a young Kobe, lost one of their finals appearences, early on, and Shaq was just so pathetic at the free throw line...I started to empathize with him...and grew to like him. Was thrilled when he joined the Celtics, but disappointed that he couldn't stay healthy enough to really contribute.

If the Lakers can pull out back to back wins (literally) tonight, you have to give them respect. I am one of those folks who, as I get older, has more respect for guys like Kobe, than hatred. I always want my team to beat him, but part of me kind of pulls for them, because you realize his days are numbered...and you start to appreciate how many great moments he has given you over the years, as a fan of the NBA. Felt the same about Elway and Favre too...never Marino though! :P

I will never be a Lakers fan, but I am not a hater either...I suspect, I will come around to LeBron at some point too...I remember just hating Shaq at one time...but it was when he, and a young Kobe, lost one of their finals appearences, early on, and Shaq was just so pathetic at the free throw line...I started to empathize with him...and grew to like him. Was thrilled when he joined the Celtics, but disappointed that he couldn't stay healthy enough to really contribute.

I wish I could be more like that...I can do it in terms of the game itself, but when someone does something off the court that I find despicable, then it tends to stay with me and I can't ever look at the guy the same way anymore. Kobe is even a Philly guy, so it makes it that much harder since I consider Philly my adopted hometown. I actually followed his decision when he was in H.S. and deciding to go straight into the NBA. I wish I could like the guy, but I can't.

One of the most heartbreaking events for me was with Favre. I don't often consider myself a "fan" of anyone as I've gotten older, but I can honestly say he fell into that category. He was by far my favorite player in the NFL outisde of the Bills. But the minute I found out he was cheating on his wife while she was battling cancer and sending pics of his pecker to some cheerleader on the Jets, all that just disappeared. Twenty years of my being his fan just evaporated the minute I found out.

I came around on Lebron. Loved him on the Cavs and hate him now!

I came around on Lebron. Loved him on the Cavs and hate him now!

LOL...that's actually a great example. I love to "hate" Lebron now that he's playing for the Heat, but I have absolutely nothing against the guy as a person at all. If he ever came to play for the Sixers, I could get behind him in a heartbeat. Same with someone like Dan Marino. I hated that fugger while he was playing against us, but as a person I think he's a really good dude.

Metta World Peace? Really Ron Artest? Just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard...I HATE the Lakers. I'm cheering for Philadelphia and Oklahoma City in the finals. Go Sixers (although Durant is one of my favorite players).

Yesterday was honestly the first time I got a good look at Durant. Heard about him quite a bit but never seen him play. I was really impressed...he's a lot of fun to watch.

GO SIXERS!!!