RD 5, Pick #144: T Zebrie Sanders - FSU

SDS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. :thumbsup:

Zebrie played both RT and LT here. Most of his career was on the right side, but he moved to LT when Datko got hurt. The kid has freakish athleticism and solid technique. He needs to build some strength.

Right away he can step in as a backup at either tackle position, and i'd bet he's a serious darkhorse to start at one of the OT spots in 2013.

So you don't project him to guard?

Edited by Bill from NYC

Yup. :thumbsup:

Zebrie played both RT and LT here. Most of his career was on the right side, but he moved to LT when Datko got hurt. The kid has freakish athleticism and solid technique. He needs to build some strength.

Right away he can step in as a backup at either tackle position, and i'd bet he's a serious darkhorse to start at one of the OT spots in 2013.

To me LT was the biggest need on the team. Zebrie seemed to me to be a huge risk, and if we drafted him in the second or third round, where some people predicted him to be, I would not have thrilled. But the fact that Glenn will start, and now Hairston can back-up both tackles, and we can develop Sanders for a year or two, makes him a very good choice. Awesome at this point in the draft. I really love today's selections overall.

This guy has potential that didn't show up last year FSU. Projected first round pick for this year after a strong Junie year, he regressed last year and had issues with lower body strength. Performed poorly in the senior bowl. Has a long way to go, but hopefully he can put it together and live up to where he could be.

Part of the reason his play appeared to regress is that the rest of FSUs OL was **** last season. He was starting with 3 other OL guys that had minimal experience, either redshirts or juco transfers. Hell, in the bowl game against ND, it was Zebrie, a redshirt sohpomore, and 3 true freshmen starting on the OL. Great solid pick in round 5.

So you don't project him to guard?

Nah. His game is based on athleticism and technique as opposed to being a straight up mauler. He played most of his career here in Rick Trickett's zone blocking scheme.

Nah. His game is based on athleticism and technique as opposed to being a straight up mauler. He played most of his career here in Rick Trickett's zone blocking scheme.

OK. I know that you watch this team. Is there any player you would liken him to? He doesn't seem as coordinated as Bell.

It's a good pick, but this clip is pretty funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=rHqrcXFnXbM&feature=related

That was just plain bizarre.

He can work on that. Quickness out of your stance is something that can be improved.

In your case all we would need to do is say "cold beer here" and you would be out of that stance blazing fast.

Love this pick! Great value, possible steal. 35" arms means it's very feasible for Sanders to play on either side if his footwork can get good enough. Love the fact that we got a major value here, because there's a good chance our 4th-string OT will have to play this year.