Wow, moving up a single slot costs Cleveland

Beerball

Thoughts? Seems like a heavy price to pay.

While I understand them wanting to prevent anybody from jumping in front of them to snag their guy, that's just a fool-ass move, imo.

I guess that's why they're the Browns....

Edit: Now that we know it's a 4,5 and 7 I don't see anything wrong with it.

Good exchange for both teams

I read 4,5 and 7... :unsure:

NFLN was scrolling a 2 and 7 but I coulnd't find anything in writing (anything to link to).

But who knows, ESPN is reporting that they are trying to get a 3rd first rounder, no mention of this trade. (ESPN blog 11 minutes ago)

Edited by Beerball

You have 13 picks in the draft, including the 4th and 22nd in the first round. You spend a 4,5, and 7 to absolutely guarantee nobody BUT you is going to get the player you want the most.

How is that a bad deal for Cleveland? They had the extra capital to spend AND still have the 22nd pick in the draft. I'm with Polian. It's a good deal.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Vikings got the Browns picks in rounds 1, 4, 5, 7. Cleveland gets the No. 3 overall pick.

Way too much to give up for a rebuilding team....

Edited by cage

You have 13 picks in the draft, including the 4th and 22nd in the first round. You spend a 4,5, and 7 to absolutely guarantee nobody BUT you is going to get the player you want the most.

How is that a bad deal for Cleveland? They had the extra capital to spend AND still have the 22nd pick in the draft. I'm with Polian. It's a good deal.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with the trade analysis, I'd just never draft a RB that high in this era

GO BILLS!!!

Knowing now that they did not give their #2 I think it's a decent deal.

GO BILLS!!!

For a QB, maybe. A RB, no.

One of those three guys they give up will likely be a very good player, as would have been the 4th pick had they stood pat.

As always, time will tell...

For a QB, maybe. A RB, no.

One of those three guys they give up will likely be a very good player, as would have been the 4th pick had they stood pat.

As always, time will tell...

Time will tell, but if they do go with Richardson I'll be happy to see our D-line welcome him to the NFL in week 3.

Edited by The Wiz