Sources: Bills looking to trade up

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Profootballtalk is reporting Bills want to trade up to 3 to get Kalil.

Totally logical as far as I'm concerned, and I suspect this is the first truthful thing we've heard about our draft plans all week. I think they see the draft as having fewer than 10 top-flight talents, and they feel like they can get the same type of talent a in the mid to late teens as they can at 10. Hence all the recent interest in players who make absolutely no sense for us, i.e., Tannehill and Barron, but who could interest a team looking to trade up with us or ahead of us to grab a guy we don't want and push our target or targets closer to our pick. To the extent we can't move back from 10, and to the extent Kalil is the guy the front office wants, it makes sense to take a shot at moving up to get him.

So let's see. The Bills first wanted to trade down...then they were obsessed with Gilmore ....then they were all about Barron....now they wanna trade up for kalil.

Either Buddy Nix is an evil mastermind or everyone finally is paying attention to the bills and no one knows wtf they are gonna do...

I'd love to believe both >:)

This is why PFT is starting to suck. With their immediate contradictions. They did the same thing during Free agency.

It's fun to read this time of year, but they lead you on a roller coaster of contradictions and then when draft day does come...the majority of the stories are false

So let's see. The Bills first wanted to trade down...then they were obsessed with Gilmore ....then they were all about Barron....now they wanna trade up for kalil.

Either Buddy Nix is an evil mastermind or everyone finally is paying attention to the bills and no one knows wtf they are gonna do...

I'd love to believe both >:)

This.

Scare the hell out of 14-18 and make them all think you are taking Barron, which builds value in the #10 pick.

Scare the hell out of 6 and make them think you will trade up and get Kalil, which means they may panic, and we get Blackmon.

Scare the hell out of 3 and make them think you won't offer more than a 2nd to trade up, which sets the bar too high for anybody else to trade up...per the DRAFT TRADE CHART. "Poison the well"!

I am liking this. Buddy is doing maximum damage from his position.

Speaking of wells, "Give them nothing. Take from them, everything!" Thwis is Thwparta!

People need to stop being negative about this post....the bills need a left tackle and have proven this off season that they are willing to make moves..is it such a stretch to believe that they would trade up 7 spots

I really, really wanted the Bills to come out of this draft with 3 starters - I though they could manage to get an OLB, a 2nd WR, and either a CB or a OT. If they give up their 2nd pick to move up for Kalil - at least we can just be done with these lines! I mean, what an offensive line we'd have! Kalil, Levitre, Wood, Ubrik, Hairston/Pears. That would be a very good, young line to grow together and it would give Buffalo one of the best Offensive and Defensive lines in football. You can go a ways with good lines - especially with the running backs we have...

but then it'd be up to our F.O. to get the WR/OLB/CB with the rest of the picks. I think we could land a WR in the 3rd - or an OLB.

Go Buffalo!

I feel like Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting...

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen...you don't get it....reTAYYYYYYner....

I can't believe the amount of smoke this year. At least its interesting, I guess.

This.

Scare the hell out of 14-18 and make them all think you are taking Barron, which builds value in the #10 pick.

Scare the hell out of 6 and make them think you will trade up and get Kalil, which means they may panic, and we get Blackmon.

Scare the hell out of 3 and make them think you won't offer more than a 2nd to trade up, which sets the bar too high for anybody else to trade up...per the DRAFT TRADE CHART. "Poison the well"!

I am liking this. Buddy is doing maximum damage from his position.

Speaking of wells, "Give them nothing. Take from them, everything!" Thwis is Thwparta!

This ain't Buddy's first train robbery. He can teach these young turks a thing or two about a swindlin'.

GO BILLS!!!

These "sources" are SO all over the place! its comical

Every few hours there is a new "whisper" of who the bills are interested in...

Its seems orchestrated by someone in the organization:

sources tells WGR that they want Barron or Gilmore...source says Bills will make a surprise pick....casserly report the bills want tannehill....then they want to move up for kalil..

i know its a stretch, but the only position NOT mentioned by a "source" is....WR

in fact, the bills have gone out of there way numerous times to point our how deep the WR pool is.... could this be their target?

just seems fishy...

Edited by CherryCoke