At what point do the Bills draft a C?

One of the more understated Bills draft needs is depth on the O-line especially at Center and the Tackles. Now a lot of us are debating the merits of upper or mid round tackles. But I think a very understated need is center. The offense struggled a lot without Wood simply because there wasn't much of a plan B if Wood went out.

In round 4 or 5 the Bills need to take a Center simply so Andy Levitre won't ever have to snap the ball in the NFL. For the draft freaks out there what is this years class of Centers like? Any good prospects for the 4th or 5th round selections?

Urbik is the back up. We lost wood and urbik last year. No teams have that kind of depth

This pretty much sums it up. I do have concerns about wood though. If he is ever going to get an extension I feel he's gonna have to male the pro bowl this year.

Urbik is the back up. We lost wood and urbik last year. No teams have that kind of depth

Spot on comment. Urbik can play center adequetely as a back-up. We really got hit at O-line with injuries last year. If that happens again we'll be in trouble, but you can only have so much depth.

A good center is like a good catcher. They need to have smarts for the game and a good relationship with their battery mate. You hope to get a good one and keep him for a long time, ie Jeff Saturday. Freak injuries aside, I believe Wood can be that for us.

One of the more understated Bills draft needs is depth on the O-line especially at Center and the Tackles. Now a lot of us are debating the merits of upper or mid round tackles. But I think a very understated need is center. The offense struggled a lot without Wood simply because there wasn't much of a plan B if Wood went out.

In round 4 or 5 the Bills need to take a Center simply so Andy Levitre won't ever have to snap the ball in the NFL. For the draft freaks out there what is this years class of Centers like? Any good prospects for the 4th or 5th round selections?

Not this year. We have Urbik and Brown to back up Wood. I do believe we will sign an UDFA and put him on the PS.

Edited by jjmac

This pretty much sums it up. I do have concerns about wood though. If he is ever going to get an extension I feel he's gonna have to male the pro bowl this year.

I'd be satisfied with Wood just finishing a season. And no, I don't consider him "injury prone" -- both of his season-ending injuries to date were freakish.

I'd be satisfied with Wood just finishing a season. And no, I don't consider him "injury prone" -- both of his season-ending injuries to date were freakish.

Agree. Center is also a position you can find later in the draft. The center from Michigan (his name escapes me right now and I'm too lazy to google it) would be a solid later round selection.

Agree. Center is also a position you can find later in the draft. The center from Michigan (his name escapes me right now and I'm too lazy to google it) would be a solid later round selection.

So true. Will Grant was a 10th-rounder, and Kent Hull a FA pickup. No need for a high pick at C.

Not so sure that he's not injury prone. Both his injuries were roll-up injuries - that happens every week to OL-men. He seems to get injured when it happens.

I love the guy, but he needs to play out a season. He would have been a Pro Bowl-er last year. Let's hope all goes well this year and he achieves that - then we can concentrate on Super Bowl-ers!! Go Bills!!

I feel the same way about Terrence McGee - I love him and he's our best corner (and probably kick returner) - but he can't stay on the field. I feel bad for him, but if he gets hurt again this year, I believe the Bills wil cut him loose.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up