John Wawrow...Please Elaborate

DC Grid

Well...I thought it was too...But it's pretty apparent The Bills Brass does not see it that way...Or they are just collecting talent, and ignoring Team building...Which to be honest is really concerning to me...Wilson is a Team Leader and they just Drafted Searcy...I know they don't care much about Locker Room stuff when they are trying to build a better Team...I hope the Locker Room sees it the same way...Because there are bigger needs on this Team...period...

We'll see... B-)

Does your team building theory now appear in every post? lol, just ribbin' ya man.

FWIW - most of the "experts" (very debatable I know) I pay attention to (including Nix himself who has done this for a while) subscribe to "collecting talent" as the best way to draft and get the most value. The one exception being a team that can afford to take risks with their picks because they are already a contender. I get what you keep saying about it though, and it's all really subjective either way.

Gilmore has risen fast and recently and that is a concern for me at 10. Because of Wannies defensive history i think he will play zone more and Man alot less. So the zone corner gets the nod. Isnt that Kirks skill set and can play run well?

In regard to Barron, if he is bpa the we should consider him seriously enough. We have enough situation schemes he makes sense and would be a powerful addition, So my favorite safeties will still be playing. Byrd and Wilson, Barron will just add alot more to the team and in time could take over Scotts role and in time Georgies duty. But not until its time. Nix is no fool about team spirit

Thanks for the insisght, John. As always, you rock. I would prefer a WR or OT but it sure looks like they are heading in the direction you are suggesting.

I'd be OK with Gilmore but I would not be happy with Barron. I just don't see safety is a position worthy of a top 10 pick especially with the depth at the position on our roster.

Byrd is in a contract year and could be looking for a significant increase and the Senator Wilson isn't getting any younger. Safety might not be an immediate need but we could be going into next years draft with it being the thinnest position on the team. The Bills could just be looking ahead and seeing Barron might be the best Safety coming out over the next couple of years.

we still keeep Byrd though right? we dont just dump players we have developed into solid starters because they are coming off the rookie contract and ask for the deserved monies. thats stupid imo. The kid has developed into a genuine tackler and still has a nose for the ball. as i said Barron as an addition. not by subtraction please sir.

1335389131[/url]' post='2446013']

Gilmore has risen fast and recently and that is a concern for me at 10. Because of Wannies defensive history i think he will play zone more and Man alot less. So the zone corner gets the nod. Isnt that Kirks skill set and can play run well?

In regard to Barron, if he is bpa the we should consider him seriously enough. We have enough situation schemes he makes sense and would be a powerful addition, So my favorite safeties will still be playing. Byrd and Wilson, Barron will just add alot more to the team and in time could take over Scotts role and in time Georgies duty. But not until its time. Nix is no fool about team spirit

Gilmore played zone at South Carolina.

Why, because of a rumor regarding draft picks? You seem to be getting angry before they even pick.

Guilty of that too, just the thought of them picking Barron gets my blood boiling. Making a run to Dicks Sporting good to get me a heavy bag just in case, dont want to break anything expensive.

Edited by rstencel

Guilty of that too, just the thought of them picking Barron gets my blood boiling. Making a run to Dicks Sporting good to get me a heavy bag just in case, dont want to break anything expensive.

I get people would not like the Barron pick, and to be honest i am not really hot on it.

But if he turns into the next Ed Reed, wouldn't you like it?

Also the Bills are sending the clear message, we are going to beat the Pats.

Byrd, Barron, and Wilson would be on the field a majority of the time against the Patsies, since they play the two TE set. Buffalo realizes you must win your division first, then your confrence, then the SB. The first step is beating the Pats. Thats why they went out and got the two best pash rusher's in FA. The Barron pick would stay consistant with Buffalo's offseason philosophy so far.

I would rather a LT, but if one isn't there, do not force it. LB would be nice, but Barron may even help with that. barron is known to be a hard hitter who likes to be in on run plays. He was coached by Saban, who was a db coach before he ascended the coaching ranks. If Saban gives his stamp of approval on Barron to Buddy and the boys, its good enough for me.

I trust Buddy, Whaley, Chan and Wanny to all be on the same page tonight and this weekend. Something i do not think we could have said for years.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Thanks for the insisght, John. As always, you rock. I would prefer a WR or OT but it sure looks like they are heading in the direction you are suggesting.

I'd be OK with Gilmore but I would not be happy with Barron. I just don't see safety is a position worthy of a top 10 pick especially with the depth at the position on our roster.

I'm hoping they go OT or WR at the #10 spot. I prefer OT though.

I get people would not like the Barron pick, and to be honest i am not really hot on it.

Also the Bills are sending the clear message, we are going to beat the Pats.

Byrd, Barron, and Wilson would be on the field a majority of the time against the Patsies, since they play the two TE set. Buffalo realizes you must win your division first, then your confrence, then the SB. The first step is beating the Pats. Thats why they went out and got the two best pash rusher's in FA. The Barron pick would stay consistant with Buffalo's offseason philosophy so far.

I would rather a LT, but if one isn't there, do not force it. LB would be nice, but Barron may even help with that. barron is known to be a hard hitter who likes to be in on run plays. He was coached by Saban, who was a db coach before he ascended the coaching ranks. If Saban gives his stamp of approval on Barron to Buddy and the boys, its good enough for me.

I trust Buddy, Whaley, Chan and Wanny to all be on the same page tonight and this weekend. Something i do not think we could have said for years.

If he turns out to be ed reed would be estactic, but too me looks more like Cody Grimm. Think he is very limited in what he can bring outside of run game, and think will be an annual IR candidate cause of his playing style. Also have a felling Wilson doesnt make the team if we draft Barron. Think they like DaNorris Searcy too much to let him go, since they are trying to get younger, plus dont see Scott not being the third safety if they put 3 out there.

Wont argue with his smarts, but feel Keuchy is better in that department honestly, and would rather have defense run by a LB. Also not a fan of Safetys leading team in tackles most games, and thats what we already have, usually means teams are averaging over 4 yards a carry easy when Safety's are making most of the tackles.

Edited by rstencel

Yeah, but we hear that about a safety prospect every year. Polamalu and Reed are the only two who have really impacted games at the level you'd like from a top 10 pick. It's a lot more likely that Barron is the next LaRon Landry than the next Ed Reed. And considering that we already have good starters and good depth at both safety proper and LB/SS dime sub, I don't see the point. If they draft Barron and he becomes another Polamalu or Reed, I'll shut up. But he probably won't. He'll probably become a good starter who doesn't make a huge impact on W/L record. That's not much of an upgrade over what we've got now.

Same logic as to why Spiller remains a horrible pick. Spiller played well in the second half last year, and looks like a legit player. But to justify a top 10 pick when we already had Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch (both of whom had better years than Spiller last year, and way better years in 2010), Spiller needed to come in as a rookie and play like Chris Johnson. To date, he still hasn't.